Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2004, 17:41   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 30 2004,16:36)]Well, I wasn't gonna post this at first, but Rehaan insisted I do!
LOL, arent you glad you listened to me ...hehehe

Initially when i got ur sms i read your name wrong in my inbox, thought you were some1 else (i had just woken up) so i was gonna reply saying ..you mean SL55.... but then i saw it was from you and then i was like WHOA!!! SLK55 in bombay!!

anyway...glad we got the confusion sorted out coz otherwise i wld be goin arnd town telling everyone that theres an SLK55 here!! hehe

cya
R
Old 31st August 2004, 17:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

may be it was a mbil test car?
Old 31st August 2004, 18:09   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i doubt it'll be a test car. If it was a test car MBIL wudnt have got it all the way to MUmbai for test. They wud have done it in Pune/Ahmednagar itself.

However it could be a display car for one of the MBIL showrooms. Sanghi or Auto Hangar or Upaj.
Old 31st August 2004, 18:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 31 2004,15:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BTW, did you really see the SLK55 AMG badges on the rear of the car??
Nope, I didn't get a look at the rear of the car and didn't notice any badges.

I didn't think this would erupt into a controversy!! All this talk is making me doubt my sighting!

Lets get these points clear.
- The car was less than 10 feet away from me, so i got a good look
- There is no doubt that it is an SLK
- The wheels were the same multi spoke ones as seen in the pics above of the SLK55
- I did not see the badge at the rear, and I cant recall whether the front bumber had that scoop on the side or not.

So that leaves us with the following options:
1. It was a non AMG SLK with the wheels and (maybe) the kit.
2. It was indeed the SLK55, but this seems unlikely as it appears that this has yet to be launched! Although I read on other sites that it was supposed to be out by April.

Well, I'll leave you all to ponder what it was!

note to self...ALWAYS carry my cam around..or buy a cell with a cam!

Rt
Did it rumble and roar or hum smoothly when it passed ? If the former - its is an SLK 55
Old 31st August 2004, 18:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]anyway...glad we got the confusion sorted out coz otherwise i wld be goin arnd town telling everyone that theres an SLK55 here!! hehe
Well you did tell me Rehaan

Dippy
Old 31st August 2004, 18:39   #21
Team-BHP Support

V12, although those wheels are pretty similar to what I saw, they are not the same. The wheels were definitely, positively, 100% the ones seen son the AMG pics.

Maybe as you said it is a show car, but then how come it ain't on display

There were 2 guys in the car, around 35 years old or so...incase that helps!! lol

Ajmat, the car was idling in a traffic jam and sounded smooth...atleast whatever I could hear over the honking of cabs etc. BTW, even the SL55 at the drag only really growled when it approached its redline...just pottering about, it was as silent as any Benz.

And yes Rehaan....thank you for making me put up this post...lol!!

Rt
Old 31st August 2004, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

A source of mine told me that Sajid Nadiaiwalla was importing this car.This was bout 1 mth back.
Dunno whether its gonna be for his personal or to use it in sum movie as he did with the Porsche.
Old 31st August 2004, 21:20   #23
BHPian

the mb slk55 will officially be launched in september, thats what the august issue of business standard motoring says. So the car rtech saw could be either of the two, going to the dealer or a private import. hell, who cares.......mumbai has its very own slk55 amg, even before anyone in america has one :P
Old 20th February 2005, 02:59   #24
BHPian

Slk

Well, heres the truth.

I work for Mercedes-Benz and I can assure you, the car is an SLK 350. Im sorry I cant disclose the name of the owner, but he is the proud owner of many Mercs. I have driven the only black SLK 350 there is in Mumbai and it is one hell of a car.
Daimler Chrysler has got in 2 more SLK 350's ( one is Amber red and the other Benedoitte Blue ) which are touring the country for display during the Mercedes-Benz Golf trophy and I even got a chance to drive one of them at Worli Seaface.
If anyone needs more info regarding the new SLK leave me a message.
AND BTW, V12- Upaj is in no way connected to Mercedes Benz. There are only 2 Dealers, AutoHangar and Sanghi Motorcar.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th February 2005 at 07:12.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Well, heres the truth.

I work for Mercedes-Benz and I can assure you, the car is an SLK 350. Im sorry I cant disclose the name of the owner, but he is the proud owner of many Mercs. I have driven the only black SLK 350 there is in Mumbai and it is one hell of a car.
Daimler Chrysler has got in 2 more SLK 350's ( one is Amber red and the other Benedoitte Blue ) which are touring the country for display during the Mercedes-Benz Golf trophy and I even got a chance to drive one of them at Worli Seaface.
If anyone needs more info regarding the new SLK leave me a message.
AND BTW, V12- Upaj is in no way connected to Mercedes Benz. There are only 2 Dealers, AutoHangar and Sanghi Motorcar.
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but came across it today and can't resist posting.
A certain Mr.De who is the husband of a famous ex-model, author, celebrity etc. owns an SLK55 AMG (He said he fell in love with the F1 Safety car and bought it). There was an article on his car in the Sunday magazine 'Mumbai Mirror BUZZ' a few years ago.
Old 6th May 2008, 21:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but came across it today and can't resist posting.
A certain Mr.De who is the husband of a famous ex-model, author, celebrity etc. owns an SLK55 AMG (He said he fell in love with the F1 Safety car and bought it). There was an article on his car in the Sunday magazine 'Mumbai Mirror BUZZ' a few years ago.
I too have read about it and since it was published in a magazine article, I think you can post the full name of the owner too.
Old 29th May 2008, 20:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Saw a sharp looking, Dubai licensed black SLK this afternoon in Dadar. Didn't get to see the back so dunno what model it is, but it looked good!
Old 29th May 2008, 20:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Saw a sharp looking, Dubai licensed black SLK this afternoon in Dadar. Didn't get to see the back so dunno what model it is, but it looked good!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...k-spotted.html
Old 30th May 2008, 13:08   #29
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jayabusa / Dipen : Thats not an SLK55. Its a normal SLK200 with an AMG kit. And the owner is Dilip De.
Old 30th May 2008, 16:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Jayabusa / Dipen : Thats not an SLK55. Its a normal SLK200 with an AMG kit. And the owner is Dilip De.
But the mag. article had claimed that he owns the safety car version. Was the SLK200 also used as a safety car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks