Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 12:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore

Thanks to BHPian //M for sharing these images with other enthusiasts.

The Rolls Royce Cullinan is now available in India. According to a media report, the brand's first luxury SUV is priced at Rs. 6.95 crore (ex-showroom).

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-1.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-2.jpg

The Rolls Royce Cullinan measures 5,341 mm in length, 2,000 mm in width and 1,835 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 3,295 mm and it weighs 2,660 kg (unladen weight). The boot capacity is 560 litres and can be increased to 1,930 litres by lowering the rear seats. The boot floor can also be raised electronically to create a flat floor.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-3.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-4.jpg

The Cullinan is based on an aluminium spaceframe chassis from the Phantom. It has a large chrome grille flanked by rectangular LED headlights that have integrated L-shaped LED DRLs at the front. The front bumper has chrome inserts and a scuff plate. Like all Rolls Royce models, the Cullinan has a strong shoulder line and suicide doors. At the rear, it has a split tailgate, rectangular LED tail lights and twin chrome exhausts. The Cullinan rides on 22-inch wheels.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-5.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-6.jpg

On the inside, the Cullinan comes with a leather-wrapped dashboard with wood trim and chrome air-conditioning vents. The Cullinan comes in 4 or 5-seat configuration. It also gets a rear partition wall that separates the passenger compartment from the luggage area. Rolls Royce offers an optional 'Recreation Module', which includes an electronically deployable picnic bench in the rear luggage compartment.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-7.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-8.jpg

The Cullinan is powered by a 6.75-litre, twin-turbo V12 engine that puts out 563 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 850 Nm of torque @ 1,600 rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via an all-new all-wheel-drive system. It comes with air-suspension and rear-axle steering.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-9.jpg

Some of the standard features include Night Vision and Vision Assist with wildlife and pedestrian warning, Alertness Assistant, Panoramic camera with helicopter view, Active Cruise Control, Collision Warning, Cross-Traffic Warning, Lane Departure and Lane Change Warning.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2018 at 15:17.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The boot capacity is 560 litres and can be increased to 1,930 litres by lowering the rear seats. The boot floor can also be raised electronically to create a flat floor.
I am certain that these facts are somewhat irrelevant to the "stereotypical RR customer in India" considering the fact that they would never use these vehicles for those purposes which involve lowering the rear seats or creating flat floor.

Would be happy to be corrected!
haldar_siliguri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:46   #3
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of pictures of India's first RR Cullinan from New Delhi, clicked by a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-screenshot_20181202211541.jpg  

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-screenshot_20181202220914.jpg  

//M is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This is an easier to swallow concept and a better executed car than SUVs made by sports/super car companies. One can only hope that all the childhood wall poster companies don't have to do bizarre cars just to survive.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have to say, the only word that comes to my mind when I look at this is Hideous. The sedan is not a pretty looking car to start with but this with that huge industrial size cheese grater of a grill and that bread box body takes it to a whole new level, downward. Suddenly the Bentayga looks like a picasso.
Well, good thing is , its so expensive its going to be rare and the ones who buy it dont really care how it looks.
With the rise in popularity of full blown suv's, this is as full blown as it can be with those dimensions , I guess RR also wanted a piece of the profitable SUV pie.

Last edited by bigron : 4th December 2018 at 18:27.
bigron is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:13   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't like it one bit - doesn't look like a Rolls Royce at all. Not sure why RR had to spend so much of money on a Rolls Royce SUV which is already sold by RR (Range Rover - the Rolls Royce of all SUVs). They could have just rebranded the Range Rover.

But yes, it just that they are trying to get some profits on the SUV market which I believe is diminishing now. Porsche started it with the Cayenne and that was a huge success... Bentley followed and I believe that was a limited success. Guess most potential owners would only buy this for a brag factor.

Given a choice, I would prefer the Phantom anyday.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 12:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Don't like it one bit - doesn't look like a Rolls Royce at all. Not sure why RR had to spend so much of money on a Rolls Royce SUV which is already sold by RR (Range Rover - the Rolls Royce of all SUVs). They could have just rebranded the Range Rover.

But yes, it just that they are trying to get some profits on the SUV market which I believe is diminishing now. Porsche started it with the Cayenne and that was a huge success... Bentley followed and I believe that was a limited success. Guess most potential owners would only buy this for a brag factor.

Given a choice, I would prefer the Phantom anyday.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “rebranding the Range Rover”. They are different entities entirely.
That aside, the Cullinan definitely looks hideous.
kkkkkaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 18:13   #8
BHPian

Regardless of personal tastes Cullinan is undoubtedly a superb car. At 7 crore it better be. But I would skip the Rolls royce and Bentley Offerings if I wanted an uber luxury SUV. Instead I would buy this bad boy.

The exquisite Holland and Holland Range Rover. This is the Rolls Royce of SUVs. Sorry Cullinan Land rover already beat you to it.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-tweedmedia48.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-range_rover_2.jpeg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-rangerovergunsatback2015.jpg
(would sir like to shoot at le poor peasants?)

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-maxresdefault.jpg

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-images2.jpg

Fun fact: The Guns in the back of this Range rover costs as much as the car does.

Last edited by nakul0888 : 9th December 2018 at 18:16.
nakul0888 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 22:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Regardless of personal tastes Cullinan is undoubtedly a superb car. At 7 crore it better be. But I would skip the Rolls royce and Bentley Offerings if I wanted an uber luxury SUV. Instead I would buy this bad boy.

The exquisite Holland and Holland Range Rover. This is the Rolls Royce of SUVs. Sorry Cullinan Land rover already beat you to it.

Fun fact: The Guns in the back of this Range rover costs as much as the car does.
Those guns start at £100k, with a waiting list of nearly 2 years. This is the ultimate version of the range rover, luxury without the gaudy bling of the newer versions.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 22:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Difficult to digest a Rolls Royce SUV. This just doesn't work for me. The design is a perfect hearse imo.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 23:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Instead I would buy this bad boy.

Agreed, it does look very very handsome and elegant indeed. The interior looks extremely well appointed as well.
But I highly doubt if it will be able to provide the "Magic Carpet" ride that Rolls-Royce takes so much pride in and banks on so heavily.
I obviously have never experienced it myself, but I am yet to come across a single review where they complain about the ride quality. Even the most cynical ones are all praise and say there's nothing like a Rolls-Royce in the market. Not even a Bentley!
So I guess the Cullinan still fills a gap in the market and has every right to exist. But then again, that doesn't mean it can get away with these hideous proportions and overall look. Even black can't mask its mass!
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 18:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Agreed, it does look very very handsome and elegant indeed. The interior looks extremely well appointed as well.
But I highly doubt if it will be able to provide the "Magic Carpet" ride that Rolls-Royce takes so much pride in and banks on so heavily.
I obviously have never experienced it myself, but I am yet to come across a single review where they complain about the ride quality. Even the most cynical ones are all praise and say there's nothing like a Rolls-Royce in the market. Not even a Bentley!
So I guess the Cullinan still fills a gap in the market and has every right to exist. But then again, that doesn't mean it can get away with these hideous proportions and overall look. Even black can't mask its mass!

I had the opportunity of doing a gig with Rolls Royce in the summer and briefly drove the Cullinan (pre-production). The ride was even better than the Phantom. Even after driving the Ghost and Phantom for weeks I was still blown away once I properly rode the Cullinan.

We were in the middle of Cannes and every second car visiting was a Bentayga. For the first time that SUV looked common and not as special. Many of the owners who checked out the Cullian loved it and some even ordered on the spot lol.

It is also priced less in India than I had heard before launch. Consider it a discount Phantom in all senses.

Last edited by goingout : 12th December 2018 at 18:26.
goingout is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 19:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Here is Chris with the Cullinan.

And I think, I agree with his viewpoint.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 18:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Rolls-Royce struggles to keep up with demand for Cullinan

According to a media report, Rolls-Royce is struggling to keep up with the demand for the Cullinan SUV. The SUV was unveiled in May 2018.

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-rollsroycecullinan51.jpg

The order books for Rolls-Royce's SUV are full till the end of July and orders are still rolling in. In an attempt to increase production, the luxury car maker employed 200 additional personnel last year. The total number of staff now stands at 2,000.

The report suggests that half the buyers of the SUV are new to the brand and a larger percentage of buyers are women. The Cullinan is also pulling in younger buyers than what Rolls-Royce has seen before.

In terms of production, 2018 was said to be a record year for the company. With the Cullinan now in showrooms and demand increasing, 2019 is expected to be another record year for Rolls-Royce.

The Cullinan is powered by a 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine producing 563 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 850 Nm of torque @ 1,600 rpm. Power is transmitted to all four wheels through an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The car was launched in India at Rs. 6.95 crores in December 2018.

Source: Jalopnik

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by ChiragM : 19th February 2019 at 18:19.
ChiragM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 18:36   #15
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Pic tweeted by Pallavi Singh

Rolls Royce Cullinan launched at Rs. 6.95 crore-ec6ueehvaaa1xnb.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks