Team-BHP - 2 Porsche Carrera GTs booked in Bombay!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   2 Porsche Carrera GTs booked in Bombay!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2055-2-porsche-carrera-gts-booked-bombay.html)

Straight from the horses mouth. Well, a dealers relative actually.

There are already two 997's in Bombay. Fresh. A Black one is still in Bombay while the yellow one has gone off to Pune.

The new Porsche dealership is slated to open in Bombay latest by November, while the service outlet with 12 fully trained technicians is ready for service in Pune.

Butttttttttttttttttttttttt news of the month : 2 Carrera GTs have been booked for delivery in India. Porsche has allocated 5 Carrera GTs to India, and two have already been done for at a price of 4.xx crores!!

One of the CGT's has been booked by a pretty well known personality in the car circles (rather his car is well known). But my lips are sealed on the identity of this person - a request by the source.

Bombay roads have never had it better!! Watch this space for updates

GTO

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!

Now I've heard everything.... India sure is getting up there what more can I say .. speechless

Dippy

oh baby the carrera gt tht thrilling sound machine aww man gr8!!!just love tht baby.

Finally i'll be getting to see my favorite supercar.

Time to set up a tent at Seaface!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]One of the CGT's has been booked by a pretty well known personality in the car circles (rather his car is well known).

Hmmm...??? Nobody, except Spiderman's cars are well known.

Spider man buying a Porsche ?? I dont think so.. but yes after getting the news of someone getting a CGT he might get something really big to counter attack

Dippy

Hey GTO,
you got totally wrong news. There cannot be any GT's ordered for India. You are forgetting that they come in Left Hand Drive ONLY. And as per current Indian Laws no Left Hand Cars can be imported. As far as the 997 goes. People who have placed orders will be getting their cars in November only as orders have been placed only after End of July.

Hmmm. You got a point there AMG. Like I said, this was secondary info quoted by a close relative of the proposed dealership.

Will clarify, but now I have my doubts on the LHD issue too.

GTO

an enzo in india , 2 CGT's booked
any1 for the SLr ??

My guess is all this is probably by some people who don't know cars or something. As for the CGT, GTO mentioned that his friend who is in contact with the dealers gave him the news so...... and on top of that maybe he was just stating Carrera S??? How well does the person know his cars? and the Enzo??? Seriously doubt it.

i agree if there is absolutely no way of bringing a LHD into india, then its doubtful news..but then again the guy might not know about cars and can get confused between a carrera S and GT but the price there is no other porsche in the 4.xx range and thats exactly how much according to my calculations the car would come to..

so there seems to be some merit..may be porsche is considering RHDs in a limited number..maybe and i really do hope so..

Highly unlikely that Porsche is considering RHD for India when they did not do it for the UK itself :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GrimReaper @ Sep. 13 2004,08:37)]Highly unlikely that Porsche is considering RHD for India when they did not do it for the UK itself :P

agree with you, but may be they are considering RHD for some of the big RHD countries and India happens to be one of them..

UK, Australia...

see UK they didnt need to bother bcuz LHD cars are allowed, australia, south africa only RHD cars are allowed and these are rich countries..india just happens to be one of them..

you cant drive LHD cars in the above countires so might be..i am just speculating...but its highly unlikely i know..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ Sep. 13 2004,19:03)]an enzo in india , 2 CGT's booked
any1 for the SLr ??

Anybody's booking Ferrari F430? Car will be launched later this month at Paris Motor Show. What makes us think that Ferrari is not going to introduce right hand drive version? India is their new small market and it's going to be be their volume sports car after 360 Modena.