Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 23:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

I just did 8.787secs on a quater mile strip somewhere in L.A....

ok a Few more pics...

So each time you shift you get basted by that Orange signal..aka shifter light...

Dragstar

Last edited by danlalan : 4th February 2007 at 23:39.
Old 4th February 2007, 23:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

Well all the best to you guys...and ya ..Please do try and make it to the Post Race part at Sea lords....Varun,Mihir...

Last edited by danlalan : 4th February 2007 at 23:41.
Old 4th February 2007, 23:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see the sub 10 sec time, Do you realize thats it just not upto the car traction capabilities but also upto the pavement on which you are going to be burning rubber. I highly doubt that @ the speed run there is an availability of a true "drag strip" if you know what I mean.

Sub 10 secs time with a 4 wheel drive system isnt a difficult feat specially with 800-850+ wheel hp, ppl with 470 whp are pushing 10.xx sec time in a RWD car(given that he is probably one of the best non-pro drag racer in the world but still with almost 2x hp and better traction, it wouldnt be difficult to knock off 1 sec). but I dont give all the props to the launch of the driver since the 4wd system is doing it for him/her, now if this was a RWD 800hp machine i would have love to see this its many folds harder to launch a car in the rwd setup..

Anyhow like someone said 15 days or so to go i guess..would like to see the sub 10sec slip for this car..

All the best..

Last edited by 1Day : 4th February 2007 at 23:50.
Old 5th February 2007, 00:08   #139
BHPian

the launch of a awd car is undoubtedly the best as 1day stated it also depends on the tarmac but as claimed by varun about asif supra wheel spin on the 3rd gear, on a rwd car there is less power loss through the differential but on a awd car more power is lost as the power is being passing through both the differential hence more power is lost thats why most drag cars are rwd so there is limited power loss which is of the essence but in wrc where this car rules power is not required mainly but grip is that is where awd comes into play but say asif's supra is 800odd bhp and the impreza will be 850 i place my bet on the supra being a awd.correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by pawan : 5th February 2007 at 00:09.
Old 5th February 2007, 00:53   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I just did 8.787secs on a quater mile strip somewhere in L.A....
Im confused?

Should i be asking - In what car? OR where is "L.A..." ?

cya
R
Old 5th February 2007, 01:10   #141

sup varun... :-) lets just wait for the speed run...the cars run also depends on the surface and climate...becuase you know the times of similar cars abroad are about 1.5-2 seconds quicker...a lot of super quick cars are coming from bangalore...lets hope for the best...the launsh of this baby is a little tricky...gotta learn it quick ..think iv already got it... cheers...
Old 5th February 2007, 01:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Im confused?

cya
R
sorry forgot to add...was playing gt4...
Old 5th February 2007, 01:13   #143

danlalan...wats ur name..n how did u get a picture of the interior?
Old 5th February 2007, 01:51   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
the launch of a awd car is undoubtedly the best as 1day stated it also depends on the tarmac but as claimed by varun about asif supra wheel spin on the 3rd gear, on a rwd car there is less power loss through the differential but on a awd car more power is lost as the power is being passing through both the differential hence more power is lost thats why most drag cars are rwd so there is limited power loss which is of the essence but in wrc where this car rules power is not required mainly but grip is that is where awd comes into play but say asif's supra is 800odd bhp and the impreza will be 850 i place my bet on the supra being a awd.correct me if i am wrong.
Dude as a courtesy to others reading this thread - PLEASE use fullstops.

In a single go - it's almost impossible to get a hang of what you are trying to say.
No offense.
Regards.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:36   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Im confused?

cya
R
It's DanlaLA land.
Old 5th February 2007, 11:41   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans_enemy View Post
sup varun... :-) lets just wait for the speed run...the cars run also depends on the surface and climate...becuase you know the times of similar cars abroad are about 1.5-2 seconds quicker...a lot of super quick cars are coming from bangalore...lets hope for the best...the launsh of this baby is a little tricky...gotta learn it quick ..think iv already got it... cheers...
Ya man ... the rubberised drag strips abroad make a lotta difference . Good to see more competition coming in for speedrun this year ... its gr8 to see people getting into motorsport in india and actully think of sumthing else other than crick et ......
Old 5th February 2007, 12:12   #147
BHPian

An AWD has about 20% loss in overall engine power so for drag racing it wouldn't be the ideal choice but they are the easiest to launch because the engine’s power is distributed to 4 wheels instead of two .
Old 5th February 2007, 12:59   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
An AWD has about 20% loss in overall engine power so for drag racing it wouldn't be the ideal choice but they are the easiest to launch because the engine’s power is distributed to 4 wheels instead of two .
awd cars are the best for launch because whether the car lifts and rw is on the ground or all 4 wheels are on the ground there is power on the wheels thats why awd cars are used in wrc.
but in drag strip cars since the car suddenly starts to move the front wheel lifts so more pressure is on the back wheel hence more traction but for a awd car even the front wheel lifts so there is the weight of a extra differential at start.
regarding the power loss for a rwd car the loss is 10% and for a awd its 15-20%.
thats why top fuel drag cars have a rear mount rwd car because the combined weight of the rear engine and the pressure created causes less traction loss.
where as the skyline gtr is technically a rwd but during the loss of traction awd system engages.

Last edited by pawan : 5th February 2007 at 13:01.
Old 5th February 2007, 14:38   #149
BANNED

Varun, if I may ask, how much real time experience do you have behind the wheel and under the hood of race modified FWD, RWD and AWD cars? Also, how many drags or other motorsport events have you participated in?

Just curious since you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject.
Old 5th February 2007, 15:03   #150
BHPian

Varun, i believe is a member of the Ex Vi Termini, if i am not wrong. Please do check out the homepage from Varun's Profile, great pics and great Muscle cars. Sorry for the OFF topic POst.

Varun : Sorry varun just was a little Inquisitive about how did you get that knowledge about AWD's so checked out your HOmepage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks