Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2007, 23:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans_enemy View Post
hey wheelieboy...hw u doin..had a prac run today wid ar motors sports 300sx.... our car did well...was had about 2.5 secs on the nissan...its runnin a twin turbo now..

always luvd a subaru...always used one of them on the ps2..its a birthday gift to me from my dad..hmm the specs...ill send u the link it on a web site..its 648bhp on the wheels...the complete job was done by a guy called ahmed who runs a work shop called arp in dubai..cheers to him...
If your WRX STi is a JDM Which mostly it will be consedering you got it from Dubai , it will have the EJ20 Turbo engine and unless you use a 2.5 litre short block from the US, i doubt that it will make 648 bhp at the wheels.
Old 24th January 2007, 01:16   #47
BHPian

the ej25 has low end grunt.....nothing on the higher side/
the jdm ej20 rev higher.. also u forget that there r stroker kits available for both models to make it a 2.8 l... lol lets just let mihir keep his dirty secrets and enjoy the car @ the speed run! ... cheers bro!
Old 24th January 2007, 02:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Not entirely stupid !! It's not like all can afford Gallardo's to burn rubber.
Modding only opens up the horizon for thousands of us, who otherwise would only stand by and awe ! Hell if you ask me,..I'd say modding has taken the game out to the boys in the street !! So Its Horse power vs. Horse power, in an even playing field,..does it matter if the horse power came factory fitted,..or was unleasehd by the owner with pride.
And thats always a good thing. What say brothers !!
I agree to a certain degree, but when people with modded cars start comparing their wild creation with a stock car with less power then it is stupid, now lets take this example, its a 648 awhp car which can only mean it is making closer to 800 hp @ the crank compare that to any road going car and you will feel stupid..but i can still bet this kind of power wouldnt mean much when you put it on a track along side a CGT or Enzo or Zonda which all have lesser power @ the crank and the wheels.. BTW Gallardo has more than 25% drive train loss.

Thats y its my rule of thumb not to compare them but sure you can compare it as a benchmark for self not to make a claim<look i can whoop this and that car, not that the owner of this machine was doing so>..imagine an 800 hp Gallardo, i doubt there is one, the last i saw there was a TT Gallardo making something like 650ish.

But in all fairness someone who thinks taking out more power from a 2L engine or a smaller engine means anything is short of knowledge, it actually streeses the engine when you dont have to, thats y the smart ppl making the smart and faster cars like the Enzo, Murci, Gallardo, Vipers, Vettes, Zonda, S7 etc all use bigger engine, not because its difficult to make power from smaller engines..

Last edited by 1Day : 24th January 2007 at 02:34.
Old 24th January 2007, 03:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Not entirely stupid !! It's not like all can afford Gallardo's to burn rubber.
Modding only opens up the horizon for thousands of us, who otherwise would only stand by and awe ! Hell if you ask me,..I'd say modding has taken the game out to the boys in the street !! So Its Horse power vs. Horse power, in an even playing field,..does it matter if the horse power came factory fitted,..or was unleasehd by the owner with pride.
And thats always a good thing. What say brothers !!
yeaah ..I like what this dude says..
let the BHP be through a stressed out hi revving 4 cylinder or a "not so stresssed out" v12..
its more fun to assemble, tune, test etc and feel the diff then buy an off the shelf sports car... and plus not everyone can afford porsches,lambos,zondas etc...

it may not be fair to compare a fully modded tuner car with a stock porsche and we know its stupid .. but hey ..we enjoy it becoz we handbuilt our car and we blew away a porsche hahaha
Old 24th January 2007, 04:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
But in all fairness someone who thinks taking out more power from a 2L engine or a smaller engine means anything is short of knowledge, it actually streeses
yes agreed, it stresses out the engine,
but then we get hi performance aftermarket cooling systems,engine oils,tougher pistons,con rods,drive shafts,tougher clutches and gearboxes, also to make sure we are not melting something we get meters to monitor EGT,oil temp, water temp etc etc, to make sure we are running fuel right ..wide band o2 meters for AFR etc etc ... the list can go on and on and on..
if the engine is going to take load more than what the factory intended there are aftermarket parts available to take care of this.
its not like the motor is going to just blow apart after a few thousand miles...

Quote:
actually streeses the engine when you dont have to
unfortunately factories dont give high cc engines at lower prices so they need to ..

Quote:
thats y the smart ppl making the smart and faster cars like the Enzo, Murci, Gallardo, Vipers, Vettes, Zonda, S7 etc all use bigger engine, not because its difficult to make power from smaller engines..
1]these "smart ppl" make cars for "rich ppl" who dont want to spend months researching,buying,assembling tuning and testing , geting their hands greasy etc... and make 600 BHP.
if these "smart ppl" start using smaller engines then the "rich ppl" will have to start monitoring all the hundreds of meters for oil, air, boost,o2 etc etc
frequent servicing will be reqd ..changing oil, checking valve clearance, belts, turbo's etc etc

so if u can afford an "easy to use" 500 BHP then buy one of those Enzo, Murci, Gallardo, Vipers, Vettes, Zonda, S7 etc
and dont want the hassle of tuner car..

2] Also if these "smart ppl" can call these cars "supercars" .. and have super price tags..
so what they have is brand name.. its to prove u got money
3] these things may handle pretty well becoz they were designed for sole purpose of handling, weight distribution etc etc
but the other street tuner cars can keep up with their AWD,4Wd, crazy electronic differential setups ...

its just a matter of price tag if u put money in a supra/evo/subaru/skyline im sure u can chew up a more expensive out of the box super car, who cares its stressed or revving at 8000 RPM ..its been taken care of, the engine has been modded enough to care of the stress..
then its unfair to say its all modded- then plz explain why you paid 100K for a 2 seater supercar which got chewed up by a 4 seater grocery getter with a boot... its all abt the price tag ..dont call it a "super car" jsut call it a "expensive car" with a big v8 engine
Old 24th January 2007, 06:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
yes agreed, it stresses out the engine,
but then we get hi performance aftermarket cooling systems,engine oils,tougher pistons,con rods,drive shafts,tougher clutches and gearboxes, also to make sure we are not melting something we get meters to monitor EGT,oil temp, water temp etc etc, to make sure we are running fuel right ..wide band o2 meters for AFR etc etc ... the list can go on and on and on..
if the engine is going to take load more than what the factory intended there are aftermarket parts available to take care of this.
its not like the motor is going to just blow apart after a few thousand miles...

unfortunately factories dont give high cc engines at lower prices so they need to ..

1]these "smart ppl" make cars for "rich ppl" who dont want to spend months researching,buying,assembling tuning and testing , geting their hands greasy etc... and make 600 BHP.
if these "smart ppl" start using smaller engines then the "rich ppl" will have to start monitoring all the hundreds of meters for oil, air, boost,o2 etc etc
frequent servicing will be reqd ..changing oil, checking valve clearance, belts, turbo's etc etc

so if u can afford an "easy to use" 500 BHP then buy one of those Enzo, Murci, Gallardo, Vipers, Vettes, Zonda, S7 etc
and dont want the hassle of tuner car..

2] Also if these "smart ppl" can call these cars "supercars" .. and have super price tags..
so what they have is brand name.. its to prove u got money
3] these things may handle pretty well becoz they were designed for sole purpose of handling, weight distribution etc etc
but the other street tuner cars can keep up with their AWD,4Wd, crazy electronic differential setups ...

its just a matter of price tag if u put money in a supra/evo/subaru/skyline im sure u can chew up a more expensive out of the box super car, who cares its stressed or revving at 8000 RPM ..its been taken care of, the engine has been modded enough to care of the stress..
then its unfair to say its all modded- then plz explain why you paid 100K for a 2 seater supercar which got chewed up by a 4 seater grocery getter with a boot... its all abt the price tag ..dont call it a "super car" jsut call it a "expensive car" with a big v8 engine
One word for your rsp, Corvette Z06 7L 505 hp demolishes most modded cars way above its marked HP and if the Z06 was moded itself then god save the other highly modded cars, same goes for a Viper but unfortunately same cant be said about a smaller engine unfortunately.

And probably you have not been in the market for tunned cars a long time to know that most of the tunned cars blow up their engine sooner than later..(thats y they are deemed extreemly unreliable and blow up on the sign of peak usage anything longer than a 1/4 mile). Try taking on of those so called super car challenging stressed out motors on a long trip through the US or germany and you will see how quickly your excitement goes away and truns into worry.

I had to give you vette example when i hate to considering i own one is because you were talking about price and the reason the ferraris and the lambos of the world charge so much is because of exclusivity. Corvette showed you how an epic car can be created in a tight budget for everyone.

Cheers dude...

Last edited by 1Day : 24th January 2007 at 06:13.
Old 24th January 2007, 07:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
One word for your rsp, Corvette Z06 7L 505 hp demolishes most modded cars way above its marked HP and if the Z06 was moded itself then god save the other highly modded cars, same goes for a Viper but unfortunately same cant be said about a smaller engine unfortunately.

And probably you have not been in the market for tunned cars a long time to know that most of the tunned cars blow up their engine sooner than later..(thats y they are deemed extreemly unreliable and blow up on the sign of peak usage anything longer than a 1/4 mile). Try taking on of those so called super car challenging stressed out motors on a long trip through the US or germany and you will see how quickly your excitement goes away and truns into worry.

I had to give you vette example when i hate to considering i own one is because you were talking about price and the reason the ferraris and the lambos of the world charge so much is because of exclusivity. Corvette showed you how an epic car can be created in a tight budget for everyone.

Cheers dude...

Quote:
One word for your rsp, Corvette Z06 7L 505 hp demolishes most modded cars way above its marked HP and if the Z06 was moded itself then god save the other highly modded cars, same goes for a Viper
point is modded tuner car vs stock for a price tag..
whats the use if you mod your Viper or Corvette ? its not stock anymore..then I suggest you compare your Viper/Vette with a Enzo,Veyron,Zonda etc

Quote:
Try taking on of those so called super car challenging stressed out motors on a long trip through the US or germany and you will see how quickly your excitement goes away and truns into worry
ok tell me your only valid point was "reliability" and whether it will last cross country trips... ?
plz .. 450 BHP for a Subaru,EVO, skyline or supra is not much... there are so many reputed companies and tuners who make reliable BHP.. I can understand if a maruti 800 tried to make 450 BHP with NOS .. then ..sure it may blow up
anything else you cant point out ?
Also If primary aim of a tuned modded rechipped car was warranty and reliability and travelling across US and Germany then people would have started modding Volvo busses... but anyways 450-500 BHP from the cars I mentioned is decently reliable with good parts and proper tuning..

Quote:
One word for your rsp, Corvette Z06 7L 505 hp demolishes most modded cars way above its marked HP
ok ur answer is corvette ... then plz consider Subaru/Evo chipped and modded by "Vishnu performance" vs a Corvette .. (I wouldn't put up a modded Skyline against a Vette because that would be an overkill..)It will make 400 - 500 BHP, be faster on the track , be "reliable" and for bonus even beat the corvette on the dragstrip ..

Quote:
And probably you have not been in the market for tunned cars a long time to know that most of the tunned cars blow up their engine sooner than later..(thats y they are deemed extreemly unreliable and blow up on the sign of peak usage anything longer than a 1/4 mile)
long enough to understand you can be as fast and reliable as much as the price you pay for the parts and time on tuning ...I dont know if it makes sense to you outside your world of reliable vette's with big engines...

once again to reiterate .. discussion is --> modded tuner car vs stock for a price tag.. it can be modded vette vs a stock Veyron also.... then what will you choose ?
it seems you are hell bent on comparing only a vette, we can start a new thread on corvette....

Last edited by chetanhanda : 24th January 2007 at 07:32.
Old 24th January 2007, 08:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

IDay and the rest of the gang.

I started reading the thread thinking "Spotted : Black Subaru WRX StI .... "

1day , its very very clear that u like Corvette so do thousands of others and we respect your choice....but what u should try to undertstand is others too have their own choices . Using provoking words such as "stupid" "waste" can only turn the whole matter into argument than discussion.
By the way , satan ....Since your car is already spotted for 4 long pages , some pics will be very well appreciated

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2007 at 10:35.
Old 24th January 2007, 10:31   #54
BANNED

@1 Day, let the guy enjoy his Scooby man. We all know the Z06 is a great car.
Old 24th January 2007, 12:42   #55
BHPian

I am with 1Day , i know the EJ20 reasonably well , i have a EJ20 Turbo Legacy , and even if you do manage 600 odd bhp at the wheels it will not be reliable and i dont drive 1/4 mile at a time.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take it with you.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:25   #56
BHPian

enough yapping, post the pictures already.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:03   #57
Senior - BHPian

@maxbhp & Boom Shiva, I never brought Z06 into the picture, I said I hate to. My point was only modded vs stock is not a good evaluation. Anyhow I was only putting forth my point of view about the looks of the car really nothing else. Sure I am not stopping him from enjoying his car. Anyhow I have seen plenty of these modded "beasts" as ppl call them to know what they are made off and I dont deny their calibar to a certain extent. Next time I will find another car other than the Z06 to compare against alright or what I would have to do is, sell my car buy a GTR and then start comparing the Z06 to the japs that way i can be given the benefit that I am not being biased because i own the damn machine. I love "CARS" and not A Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
once again to reiterate .. discussion is --> modded tuner car vs stock for a price tag.. it can be modded vette vs a stock Veyron also.... then what will you choose ?
it seems you are hell bent on comparing only a vette, we can start a new thread on corvette....
Anyhow no issue, I wouldnt want to change your point of view, but i think its flawed and you are mistaking my love for vettes as a vette vs the world sort of attitude, i am dying to get my hands on a GTR or may be a 911 Turbo/Gallardo, thats not the point, but you brought price tag and fast, so wanted to give you an example that big engines and fast doesnt mean big money. Anyhow your claim of some chipped Subaru/Evo with a Stock vette is a little off my friend, well all i can say is that i have experienced that first hand. Cheers and lets take this off no point proving anything here..

Last edited by 1Day : 24th January 2007 at 23:12.
Old 25th January 2007, 02:15   #58
BHPian

sorry ppl my comp was down i ve heard that the evo has too much hp for a 2 l engine and hence rto thinks it aint right
Old 25th January 2007, 02:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Guys, this thread is about one particular car which has finally made it's appearance in Mumbai. Lets leave personal preferences out of this thread and appreciate the car for what it is, which is an awesome piece of machinery!

No more comparisons on this thread!

And we all await some good, high resolution pics of this monster!
To repeat what Rtech has already said, this is supercars and imports section and lets leave it at that. If you want to discuss tuner cars vs stock, there is a separate section for that. If this continues, the thread will be locked

Mod Team

Last edited by Mpower : 25th January 2007 at 07:44.
Old 25th January 2007, 03:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Jeez, all these arguments are meaningless. I'm here to view pics and read facts.

Let's just see some pics and keep the heated opinions at bay.

Most Viewed