Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2007, 14:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Oh well education is needed if you think STI is anything near a finesse of a sports car...

C6 would probably be more expensive to begin with about 50-60% more but its more than twice the car STI is..
You didn't get the inside joke. Also, this Rex seems to be putting out close to 600 bhp. I doubt a C6 could match up to it, track or dragstrip. I'm talking with reference to THIS PARTICULAR machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
AWD is for poor drivers, thats why you dont see AWD in an Enzo or CGT..it surely adds safety but looses a lot in the bargain..
Last I heard, the LP640 was quicker to 60 mph than the Enzo. Of course, I may be wrong. But then again, Porsche does supply AWD with its 911 Turbo, and I don't think they're for poor drivers. Neither is WRC.

Yes, you can make a Civic run rings around an STI, given enough money. Given enough money, I can make a truck beat an F1 car on a dragstrip. The point is, Imprezas and Evos have proven race/rally pedigree, which Civics etc do not.
Old 21st January 2007, 14:57   #32

where did u see my car
and how do u upload pics. racers dont know computers.except an ECU

cheers bro i agree only an american would praise a c6 pure american monster, scared of tiny japanese 2 litre.

the cars mine..im a proud owner...dun see no american muscle comin close to it....:-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st January 2007 at 23:01.
Old 21st January 2007, 15:17   #33
BHPian

even if i was given a fully tweaked sti and a stock c6 i would go for the c6 but the main reason why sti and evo are amazing cars are because the were built for wrc but are still good even on the road by the way viper the lp640 is faster than the enzo from 0-60 mph the lp640 does it in 3.3 where as the enzo does it in 3.65 sec but the fastest among stock cars is the saleen s7 tt
thats why the car is eating other cars in le-mans but my favorite vette's of all time are the 81 stingray and the Lingenfelter corvette tt has 990 nm torque love to have one but only 25 are made and cost $86,995 and can eat the enzo which is 10 times its cost.
Old 21st January 2007, 15:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans_enemy View Post
where did u see my car

cheers bro i agree only a redneck would praise a c6 pure american monster, scared of tiny japanese 2 litre.

the cars mine..im a proud owner...dun see no american dumb muscle comin close to it....:-)
Very easy dude.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 21st January 2007, 17:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
Its finally here .... the black modded subaru wrx sti from the cochin docks .... Its of our Non-Active member Mihir Dharkar's .... Youllll spot it in jufu 2nite for sure ... Grinnnn ....

yeah i met mihir yesternight,,pphhheeewww wat a power man,,amazing,,

hey mihir thanks for the amazing drive,,i loved it,,

Last edited by wheelieboy : 21st January 2007 at 18:13.
Old 21st January 2007, 19:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
where did u see my car

cheers bro i agree only a redneck would praise a c6 pure american monster, scared of tiny japanese 2 litre.

the cars mine..im a proud owner...dun see no american dumb muscle comin close to it....:-)
hey dont get me wrong i aint a red neck and i respect Japanese tuner but in no way the can they be compared to a muscle car your modded car might be a good chance against a muscle say a c5 or c6(may be) but compared to the big guys say saleen,shelby gt500,c6,viper thats where the tuner power comes to a end.(no offense meant)by the way is it 600 bhp as other members mentioned.
Old 21st January 2007, 22:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Pic and Video!

Spotted the WRX yesterday. Took a small video and a pic. Have attached them below.

The car is in a black shade. Take a look into the interiors and you'll notice that it is swamped by a number of gauges on the dashboard and a huge tachometer at the drivers side.

However, there is a piece of bad news. The owner of the car was overheard mentioning that the car was giving problems.

Video:
320x240 pixels
56 seconds
2.81 MB

Last edited by Gordon : 21st January 2007 at 22:47.
Old 21st January 2007, 22:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Enough guys , C6 or the WRX .. its the buyers choice. Also these two are not comparable by any chance. They are different breed of cars and have their own customer targets.
satans_enemy:::: more details on yr beast that all of us wanna know:
1. Price , import details.
2. Stock spec ( 293 hp)
3 Aftermarket tuning details.
4. How was the entire process like from deciding to buying one and how it went through the entire mod.
5. Reason for choosing it above the Evo.
Old 22nd January 2007, 00:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
where did u see my car

cheers bro i agree only an american would praise a c6 pure american monster, scared of tiny japanese 2 litre.

the cars mine..im a proud owner...dun see no american muscle comin close to it....:-)
Hey dude congrats on your new car.it looks awesome.specially those wheels.
hope to see ur pics online soon.let us know how the testing at kharghar went.
Old 22nd January 2007, 04:36   #40

hey wheelieboy...hw u doin..had a prac run today wid ar motors sports 300sx.... our car did well...was had about 2.5 secs on the nissan...its runnin a twin turbo now..

always luvd a subaru...always used one of them on the ps2..its a birthday gift to me from my dad..hmm the specs...ill send u the link it on a web site..its 648bhp on the wheels...the complete job was done by a guy called ahmed who runs a work shop called arp in dubai..cheers to him...

Note from mod - Please avoid using SMS language in your posts.... I have mentioned this earlier but you have not yet opened the PM, please check your PM inbox.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd January 2007 at 06:43.
Old 22nd January 2007, 09:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

always luvd a subaru...always used one of them on the ps2..its a birthday gift to me from my dad..hmm the specs...ill send u the link it on a web site..its 648bhp on the wheels...the complete job was done by a guy called ahmed who runs a work shop called arp in dubai..cheers to him...

must say thats one amazing birthday gift.
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:33   #42
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this thread is about one particular car which has finally made it's appearance in Mumbai. Lets leave personal preferences out of this thread and appreciate the car for what it is, which is an awesome piece of machinery!

No more comparisons on this thread!

And we all await some good, high resolution pics of this monster!
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:34   #43

i saw n sat in the subaru the day it arrived out here but that was for a very short distance. the next day was a totally diffrent story. my dear friend who happens to own this beast made me almost swallow my tongue about 50 times when he floored this monster.

Got a whole lot o pix and videos of the interior,exterior and a couple of other videos of this beast being ripped. will upload them in a couple o days

Note from mod - Please avoid slang/sms/chat language on TBHP.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2007 at 10:29.
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs8tr View Post
Got a whole lot o pix and videos of the interior,exterior and a couple of other videos of this beast being ripped. will upload them in a couple o days
And if any1 wants to see the subaru ... just come to the 'burbs and if you hear the wildest note that you havnt heard in any car ... itll be the subaru ....

Note: Post has been edited of anti-vette content, to emphasise, "QUIT the rivalry," it's not fun anymore.

Last edited by ported_head : 23rd January 2007 at 18:19.
Old 23rd January 2007, 18:26   #45
BHPian

Horse Power vs. Horse Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
Yeah .. Even i think that comparing a modded car and a stock car is stupid .. but the reason i compared the subaru was because i havnt hurd of anything quicker on bombay roads rite now other than a gallardo .

Not entirely stupid !! It's not like all can afford Gallardo's to burn rubber.
Modding only opens up the horizon for thousands of us, who otherwise would only stand by and awe ! Hell if you ask me,..I'd say modding has taken the game out to the boys in the street !! So Its Horse power vs. Horse power, in an even playing field,..does it matter if the horse power came factory fitted,..or was unleasehd by the owner with pride.
And thats always a good thing. What say brothers !!

Most Viewed