Team-BHP - BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   BMW E36 / E46 / F80 M3 & F82 M4 in Bombay (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2068-bmw-e36-e46-f80-m3-f82-m4-bombay.html)

Jai Mehta has got a royal blue colored m3 parked at his malabar hill residence in bbay

just a small doubt : is the stock M3 333 hp or 355 hp??

is it the one that took part in last yrs drag??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ July 30 2004,17:48)]Jai Mehta has got a royal blue colored m3 parked at his malabar hill residence in bbay

Nope,
Jai Mehta has a black E46 M3 with red leather upholstery (and continental tires )

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]is it the one that took part in last yrs drag??

yep, that was him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]just a small doubt : is the stock M3 333 hp or 355 hp??

Definitely not 353Hp.
Most stats say 343Hp for the coupe.
Also, an interesting thing to note is that BMW sells the convertible E46 M3 with a few HP less than the coupe!!
Wondering why? I guess its so that the lighter coupe does not have a striaghtline performance advantage

cheers
R

Dipen, as Rehaan said its 343 hp for the European spec, 338 for the US spec M3. Also the 355 u are quoting is for the M3 CSL. Its actually rumoured to be close to 360 hp.

Revv

i think the M3 CSL is 358bhp & stock M3 343bhp

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ July 30 2004,20:45)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ July 30 2004,17:48)]Jai Mehta has a royal blue colored m3 parked at his malabar hill residence in bbay

Nope,
Jai Mehta has a black E46 M3 with red leather upholstery (and continental tires )

then who owns the blue m3 at malabar hill
the blue one was also e46 M3
it had black leather interiors
i have personally seen it
didnt notice what tires it had ,, but yes , remember the alloys
the alloys on the car were the same as seen in the following link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/2502.jpg

god , now the m3 has also become common like the ferrari's and subaru's in bbay.....wonder when the time for Lambo's will come

Hey Dipen,

Jai Mehta also lives at malabar hill... so hence the confusion i guess.
Blue M3... hmmm... was the number plate "MH ?? ?? 330" ? Is the car permanently there? The only other blue E46 M3 i have heard of in bombay belongs to the Ambanis.
PM me the exact location of the car...would like to know if u dont mind.

cya
R

Isnt this Jai Mehta's M3??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ July 31 2004,14:10)]Isnt this Jai Mehta's M3??

If that pic is from speedrun 2003 then yes it is! (cant really tell without the numberplate yknow )

Heres a pic of yet another E46 M3 in bombay, same colour and interiors as Jai Mehta's, but a different number plate, so i am guessing its a different car! (Unless the registration was changed ? )

BSMotoring.com Article on the M3 in Bombay

cya
R

ya rehaan, that pic is from Speedrun 2003.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Unless the registration was changed ?

Quite possible

i think the black m3 was *the fastest or the 2 nd fastest in the 2003 speedrun ..overall
its jai mehtas..
if the above one cost say around 50 lakhs in indian rs ..it any time worth..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ July 31 2004,03:01)]Hey Dipen,

Jai Mehta also lives at malabar hill... so hence the confusion i guess.
Blue M3... hmmm... was the number plate "MH ?? ?? 330" ? Is the car permanently there? The only other blue E46 M3 i have heard of in bombay belongs to the Ambanis.
PM me the exact location of the car...would like to know if u dont mind.

cya
R

Sorry Rehaan

I did not notice the number plate at that time
It was the first M3 that i saw live in my life.
so u can understand the exitement.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I have heard that Ambani's M3 had met with an accident some time back ..maybe just rumours ...not sure ?

Dipen

I dont know if this is an M, but it does have an M body kit.

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality of the pic.

From the pics that were there in ACI issue which covered Speed Run 2003, I could see that Jai Mehta's M3 had GJ registration. Wonder if it has been changed to Bombay reg now

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Aug. 03 2004,00:32)]From the pics that were there in ACI issue which covered Speed Run 2003, I could see that Jai Mehta's M3 had GJ registration. Wonder if it has been changed to Bombay reg now

Hey RJK,

Jai Mehta's was a GJ regn at speed run and still is. (i think)
The question is whether this is his car before it was sold to him, as this BSM article was written in August `02 i believe.

cya
R