Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 17:50   #31
BHPian

amazing work arush !!! fire away
Old 24th January 2007, 18:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely Stunning. The colour Combo, finish, smoked lights & works absolutely rock
Old 24th January 2007, 18:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

S I M P L Y M I N D B L O W I N G ! except for those Eyelids.
Old 24th January 2007, 19:05   #34
BHPian

Would absolutely love to c this car in the aci speed run....should hammer most of the competition
Old 24th January 2007, 19:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Mindblowing stuff Arush. Gotta love this car.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:01   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Struggly: Thank you very much for your inputs infact youre very much correct that 750cc are overkill for the 15Gs, but, the reason why we have them there are for future upgrades. What we are currently doing is use the fuel pressure regulator to reduce the amount of fuel on the injectors and like u said, the AEM to control them. For all practicalty purposes 550cc would have been the perfect fit, but keeping our future plans in mind we decided to get the 750 in first go. We do not have any 3S parts available off the shelf, everything has been ordered and imported from the US itself. Oh, and you caught me there it was a typo, both front and rear are 18 x 8.5 wheels. Also, the numbers are pure estimate, since no one has a dyno here to check but yes we are not wayy off. Infact we pitted the car with stock injectors and stock ECU against a 380bhp Carrera S the day before, and this one was hands down faster. So it is safe to estimate we are hitting in excess of 400bhp and not just numbers off the head. The 500 is an estimate as well as a target
Arush
What are you eventual plans for increasing the power. Even with the AEM, there are limits to what injector sizes you can use effectively. What is your base fuel pressure and what are your IDCs at those power/boost levels and injectors that large?

A 750cc injector is suited for an engine making 675-800hp (very rough numbers).You won't make that much power on pump gas with TD04 turbos. Quite honestly, most of the cars I've seen run injectors a size or two larger than they need to. Do you have TD05 plans?

Finally, I hope this is another typo:
Quote:
245/45/ZR18, Rear 255/45/ZR18
Several problems here. First, I don't even see these tire sizes listed. But if theoretically they existed, you would increase the overall diameter of your wheel and tire package. Stock size is 245/40/18. Second, using tires of different widths with the same aspect ratio risks damaging the VCU because, in simple terms, it will always be in a state of constant slip trying to compensate for the difference in rotation.

Clint
Old 24th January 2007, 23:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Struggly, i suggest you can keep checking on this thread for the info you need on the tuning. Will keep it updated as and when we do the ecu and the setups that we achieve as it is still under progress. Wouldnt want to comment on the same until we are done with it.

No its not a typo the car does have 245/45 on the front and 255/45 at the back. The car came with these from the previous owner and honestly speaking since the tires are in perfect condition we didnt want to spend the money on a new set. The tires are oversize from stock because the roads here are not good enough for such low cars. The previous owner might be having problems with the ground clearance so he would have put a larger size.

Average speeds on our city roads vary between 30-80kph all thanks to the insane amount of traffic. Highway doesnt exceed 120kph except for occassional bursts...So the vcu trying to compensate for the slip would be the last of our problems. Weve got bigger issues at hand like the tire sidewalls getting cut all thanks to the potholes... i guess we will have a perfect set of tires once we are finished off with these hehe! Which im guessing would not be more than a few months.

Arush
Old 24th January 2007, 23:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thank you gonecase, whatcanthisbe, outlaw, faithless, jkdas, mistakenguy, heavyfoot, techno, chetan, max, balenopower, moralfibre

GTO: *bow*

Sideways: its all good buddy. the eyelashes are actually the parking lights and are seperate from the headlight.... imho, they look better in black than clear plastic

Rtech: Yeah! No spoiler, however the owner is trying to decide between an original '99 spoiler (kinda like an evo) or a 60" Carbonfiber wing... i guess itll look fine with either of those, better without one!
Old 25th January 2007, 07:32   #39

Quote:
Struggly, i suggest you can keep checking on this thread for the info you need on the tuning. Will keep it updated as and when we do the ecu and the setups that we achieve as it is still under progress. Wouldnt want to comment on the same until we are done with it.
I'm not here to "keep checking"--and base fuel pressure and IDCs aren't secrets anyway.

Quote:
No its not a typo the car does have 245/45 on the front and 255/45 at the back. The car came with these from the previous owner and honestly speaking since the tires are in perfect condition we didnt want to spend the money on a new set. The tires are oversize from stock because the roads here are not good enough for such low cars. The previous owner might be having problems with the ground clearance so he would have put a larger size.

Average speeds on our city roads vary between 30-80kph all thanks to the insane amount of traffic. Highway doesnt exceed 120kph except for occassional bursts...So the vcu trying to compensate for the slip would be the last of our problems. Weve got bigger issues at hand like the tire sidewalls getting cut all thanks to the potholes... i guess we will have a perfect set of tires once we are finished off with these hehe! Which im guessing would not be more than a few months.
Perhaps you are not familiar with the way a viscous coupling and the way the 3/S AWD system works. Sustained driving at normal speeds will damage the VCU. speeds of 120kph are morethan fast enough to cause rapid damage.

No major website lists a 245/45/18 AVS sport, and google searches for that tire and tire size turn up no results. I fear that you have 245/40/18 on the fronts, which results in a revs-per-mile difference of nearly 40. Most staggered setups have a revs-per-mile difference in the single digits.

It would behoove you to read some threads on the subject on 3si, and to read our post on PansyPatrol about AWD systems: AWD systems.

A viscous coupling contains rotating plates and fluid. This fluid thickens with shear. When you use tires of different overall diameters in the front and back, you put the VCU in a state of constant "slip," meaning that the fluid is perpetually thicker and hotter than it is supposed to be. The 3/S VCU is sensitive and many people have busted them using poorly-chosen staggered setups.

You really should confirm the size and revs-per-mile differential of your tires before you dismiss this as "the least of your concerns".

Clint
Old 25th January 2007, 10:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Arush
Arush,
I think struggly is here not to take but to give you an advice, he is trying to help you out & i think you should appreciate that.
i felt thats why i type & i dont want to offend you in any way cause i would like your creation to not only look good but perform far better as well.
Old 25th January 2007, 10:58   #41
BHPian

Arush bhai, Struggly has a very valid point. Sometimes we tend to ignore / sacrifice technical issues for the sake of aesthetics. Suggest you have a look into it.

@ Clint - Nice to have you aboard Clint. As Arush has explained in his earlier post, Indian road conditions are very different - BAD actually, and driving with low profile tyres is a nightmare. Also due to negligible demand, tyre dealers don't stock tyres with extremely low profiles. Therefore we have little or no choice, and need to make do with whatecer we can get our hands on. The other option ofcourse is to import the tyres, which again is a cumbersome procedure. Paperwork, customs duties, etc. etc. all amount to an already expensive prodcut thus discouraging us further. Therefore when it comes to things like tyres we try and make do with what is locally available.

That said, I completely understand and accept your arguement with respect to damage that this setup will cause to the VCU. Can you please suggest various combinations which will avoid any damage and at the same time easy for us to source within India itself.

Thanx again and welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Sideways : 25th January 2007 at 11:13.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:51   #42
BHPian

hi arush,as usual great job , like most of them suggested, the black smoked affect on the parking lights is really spoiling the looks of of an otherwise beautifully modded car,hope u do something about it,in 'kitup"[coimbatore] i seen them doing smoked affect with the same body color, it looks awesome, cant you do something like that....
Old 25th January 2007, 20:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

rocam, sideways: never felt that he was tryint to flame or anything. constructive criticism is always welcome hence i went ahead to explain him our conditions.

Infact came to know from the owner that one of the front tires has developed a bubble damage, so i guess we can go ahead and get a pair of the same size as the rears now instead of buying one of the same.

Stuggly ne nazar laga di!! - im finding it difficult to explain it in english, someone help me out here.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. So now that we have saved our vcu from the damage..anything else that you might want to add? More advice is always welcome.

designation: yes we can try doing a bodycolor on the parking lamps.. the light is too weak anyway to be visible so it doesnt really matter.
Old 25th January 2007, 20:45   #44
BHPian

hey nice car it looks amazing so what timings does it clock and what all performance mods does it have.
Old 25th January 2007, 20:46   #45
BHPian

@pawan - eeerr i think he has explained all the performance mods in the first post itself buddy.!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks