Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:10   #61
BHPian

one of the best car in this world.I have been inside in the 62 version.It is a much better car than the RR Phantom LWB.More equipement , much better made.In Belgium the price is about 435 000 euros and 375 000 for the 57.The 57S is the sporttiest with 612 hp and 275 km/h Vmax.
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

To each, his own guys... We all have our own preferences and mine is anyday a rr over a confused looking s class on steroids. wouldnt touch the 62 with a barge pole. a flying spur over a phantom over maybach for me any day
Old 15th June 2006, 18:58   #63

Mukesh still using Maybach???

folks..
Just this doubt..has anyone recently spotted Ambani's Maybach..
People at Relaince Knowledge city, New mumbai say Mukesh doesnt really get his Maybach..
Old 16th June 2006, 01:01   #64
BHPian

well i think that after the very well knows seperation DAKC is under Anil now. so that really reduces the chances of spotting the maybach there.
Old 16th June 2006, 02:55   #65
BHPian

Anything but a Maybach

I somehow cant justify spending 6 crores on one car... just think of the line up you could have... I'd have an M3, a Range Rover 4.2 supercharged, a Mini Cooper S, Maserati Quattroporte,Porsche 911 Carrera S, and an M6 .. and the remaining in the bank for gas and insurance... If at all I would buy one of these... Arnage R before the VW takeover.. and I think the Phantoms fantastic.. the Maybach just has no character of its own.. looks too obviously like Mercedez makes it, with BA 1st class seats and champagne flutes... Its more like a big boat than a car! Merc having a corporate face on all their cars is fine, but if they were launching the Maybach as its own company i would have appreciated it if they gave it its own identity. BMW were faithful to Rolls Royce and set up a design studio seperate from BMW and made sure there was no access to the BMW parts bin and shut the designers in there till they came up with a Rolls Royce and not some bigger uber 790LLxi
Old 16th June 2006, 05:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R
I somehow cant justify spending 6 crores on one car... just think of the line up you could have... I'd have an M3, a Range Rover 4.2 supercharged, a Mini Cooper S, Maserati Quattroporte,Porsche 911 Carrera S, and an M6 .. and the remaining in the bank for gas and insurance... If at all I would buy one of these... Arnage R before the VW takeover.. and I think the Phantoms fantastic.. the Maybach just has no character of its own.. looks too obviously like Mercedez makes it, with BA 1st class seats and champagne flutes... Its more like a big boat than a car! Merc having a corporate face on all their cars is fine, but if they were launching the Maybach as its own company i would have appreciated it if they gave it its own identity. BMW were faithful to Rolls Royce and set up a design studio seperate from BMW and made sure there was no access to the BMW parts bin and shut the designers in there till they came up with a Rolls Royce and not some bigger uber 790LLxi
Well said, the Maybach lacks any road presence. It's a huge car, obviously, but it's not got that ostentatious show value, that the Phantom possesses. Likewise, your choice seems good, but I'd have the M5 over the M6, and a W221 S65 AMG over the Cooper and the Quattroporte.
Old 16th June 2006, 08:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Well said, the Maybach lacks any road presence. It's a huge car, obviously, but it's not got that ostentatious show value, that the Phantom possesses. Likewise, your choice seems good, but I'd have the M5 over the M6, and a W221 S65 AMG over the Cooper and the Quattroporte.

and I would have the Murcielago, DBS and a Cayenne S and I am done..

so everyone had there priorities and plus think about this, a guy who could afford a car worth 1.3 mil $ car, can afford all the other cars you mentioned..

and also Maybach 62 is not 6cr even OTD, its more like 4-4.5cr ON ROAD.

Personally if I had that kind of money I surely would have a maybach but it would be Maybach 57s, the AMG edition, awesome in all black with tinted windows and nice AMG wheels..along with that I would keep a Murcielago LP640 for fun driving, 599 GTB/DBS for luxury cruising and CLS63 AMG for travelling between places on my own and Cayenne Techart for some offroad fun..
Cheers,
Old 16th June 2006, 08:41   #68
Team-BHP Support

Guys

This post is about the Maybach not "My 6 Crore Car garage"

Back to topic
Old 16th June 2006, 08:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
and I would have the Murcielago, DBS and a Cayenne S and I am done..

so everyone had there priorities and plus think about this, a guy who could afford a car worth 1.3 mil $ car, can afford all the other cars you mentioned..

and also Maybach 62 is not 6cr even OTD, its more like 4-4.5cr ON ROAD.

Personally if I had that kind of money I surely would have a maybach but it would be Maybach 57s, the AMG edition, awesome in all black with tinted windows and nice AMG wheels..along with that I would keep a Murcielago LP640 for fun driving, 599 GTB/DBS for luxury cruising and CLS63 AMG for travelling between places on my own and Cayenne Techart for some offroad fun..
Cheers,

1Day, I think your said list would make a lot of sense in chicago cause you really can go luxury cruising... the 599 GTB seems like a great car, I dont know if Im completely sold on the looks. The CLS63 AMG will definitely be exciting. However the Cayenne Techart, I dont know how much offroading it will do. For some reason these sports car SUV crossovers just dont make much sense to me. I'd rather have a full fledged SUV or a full fledged sports car. I had an X5 and it had sports suspension, it handled fantastically stuck to corners like velcro but still especially in india, you just couldnt travel long enough in it cause the ride was so hard your back would go for a toss.
Secondly Im sure the owner of the Maybach can afford all of these cars, however that 4-5 crores whatever has a certain value attached to it. And one car just doesnt give you that moneys worth.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:16   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
aniguchisan, I think the Maybach is very ostentatious. People buy it purely because of the worlds most expensive sedan title attached to it. Its like Simon Cowells logic that the Maybach isnt ostentatious. Im sure the Phantom is too, but it exudes a class that comes with the Rolls Royce history and heritage. Maybach might have made great big luxury cars in the 30s and 40s but people of our generation have not really grown up around seeing pics of them or seen umpteen models of Maybach.
I would chose an M6 over the M5 because of three reasons, that carbonfibre roof just looks killer, it would be a little more rare... and my favourite M5 will always be the E39. S65s are ultra rare and they sound a bit scary. But if you're a huge fan, there was an interesting article in this months Top Gear, and these quotes might be something you'd like.
"In some sort of pseudo-philosophical sense, the S65 AMG doesn't really exist. It's one of those things that actually manages to cancel itself out. Yes, it's another motoring milestone for Mercedez and, yes it's yet another engineering pinnacle for the AMG performance division, but there's absolutely no justification for building, let alone buying a car like this. So, on the one hand, you have an automotive marvel, on the other, a pointless act of Germanic self-indulgence. On balance, you have nothing."
"It looks terrifying, goes like Satan's mistress and is, despite simple four-door origins, utterly unique."
Lastly, interestingly enough, the article is on page 65.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:20   #71
BHPian

sorry if you felt its going off top mods. But its still related to the Maybach. Just as a comparison to the RR is.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:34   #72
BHPian

Wow man those pics make me crazy.
Old 16th June 2006, 09:45   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
sorry if you felt its going off top mods. But its still related to the Maybach. Just as a comparison to the RR is.

Then why are you brining CLS's Cayennes, M5's M6's in ?
Old 16th June 2006, 10:01   #74
BHPian

will not anymore ... newbies honest mistake.. will stick more to topic
Old 25th July 2010, 21:11   #75
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So it seems that Mumbai has finally got back its Maybach. Although its not Mukesh Ambani's, this one is a PY registered maroon/black one. Seen it on the Worli side of Bandra-Worli sealink followed by a Toyota Qualis full of security guards.

Any idea if this a new one or is just visiting the city?

Most Viewed