Team-BHP - Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2088-pics-white-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-mumbai-updated-more-pics.html)

Well

First the blue and now the white one. I was at the signal Prabhadevi when I saw this White car with the scoop. Waited for my light to turn green and then gave chase. Didnt see it anywhere in sight but finally caught him at the Bandbox worli signal waiting to turn right. Pulled up next to him and gave him the thumbs up. He rolled down the window acknowledging me .

So I asked him if he could pull over and let me have look. And my good luck that he obliged . Parked the car after the right turn and I got to oogle at it. And as usual had my faithful digicam with me so took some pictures and here they are... For the first time exclusive pictures of the White Scooby

Enjoy !!!.. 12 pictures in all

more pictures in the next post below

Here are the second lot

Cheers

Great pictures Dippy

Whoa Dippy, you are one lucky guy. First the blue one in person and now the white. though this would not be my first choice for a Scooby STi, heck its still an STI....I wouldnt even mind one without paint on it.

Superb and very well-thought out pictures. The interior looks stunning, with the rpm gauge right where it belongs - In da center! The speedos marked till 180 km/h so this is surely a Japanese import. Also good to see no "pink" accents anywhere.

It was pretty nice of this chap to pull over and chat with you about his car, and let you take pictures.

What I wouldnt give to get a hold of that meaty three spoke steering wheel.

GTO

Fantastic Car, Fantastic photos.. there Dippy.
Hmm... temporary registration ha?

whoa. cool pics dippy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]temporary registration ha?

And that too 911 . Shud have been 555.

P.S. : Did you tell him abt Team-BHP??

One very very clean and mean car... gr8 find dippy pal.

GTO i agree with u. Somehow the other day i was imagining that if i had a 2004 scooby and were i to pull in to my college's parking lot, what colour would i want it to be? I thought blue at first, but somehow i felt it wouldn't stand out as much as a white one. Hehehe, nothing like having a car ur friends wud love to stare at and rave about eh!

Honestly, it still surprises me that there are people in our country who rather than buying a 3-series or C Class are willing to put some of their cash down on something like this. And what Dippy told me, he's one of the very few people who was able to recognize it as a Scooby. Goes to show the amount of effort TB has at hand to educate people on cars. I hope we are able to get that far...

Revv

Crazy crazy crazy!!!!

How long i have waited for this land to run amok with imprezas! and finally..the time has come.....muahahahah

When i first heard of this car (and the colour) i must admit i was like "WHITE?? ?? ugh..." but dayam...after seeing these pics.. man.....she looks hot!!!!! * * i never thought id say this.... but white looks as good as the blue... (if not better )
Hope the guy gets some mudflaps soon though.......
and also.... looks like he has an aftermarket exhaust on!.....(so does the blue bombay impreza!!) wooohoooo

Awesome pics dippy!
cheers
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 11 2004,01:05)]and also.... looks like he has an aftermarket exhaust on!

I might beg to differ on that Rehaan, its stock by the look of it. Why not check the pics here... Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Aug. 11 2004,01:31)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 11 2004,01:05)]and also.... looks like he has an aftermarket exhaust on!

I might beg to differ on that Rehaan, its stock by the look of it.

Hey Revv,

I think i agree with you on that.....
The thing that drew my attention to it was the fact that the stock STi exhaust has a chromed tip instead of this "pipe" (not really a tip).....
but yeah.... now i wonder..

cya
R

Yea rehaan

i agree that the stock one has a near chrome tipped pipe too, but i guess either this one didn't come with it or he has removed it since the diameter of the pipe at the end seems to be nearly same as the stock one. Maybe the fact that we see so many cars on our roads with puny exhausts makes even a standard one on the impreza look big...lol

Revv

Its awesome that you caught this dippy and great pictures but I personally dont like them much, I would mcuh rather have an Evo, again something I dont fancy much, But great shots never the less..

I didnt like the subaru in any shape and form after I saw the video in which the new evo killed the latest subaru, I started even hating it more, I think its a waste of a car and someone's money...i guess I think you can squeeze better performance, looks and luxury from some other cars...at almost the same price give or take few thousand.

Cheers

simply awesome! This is the thinking man's Ferrari, specially here in India!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ].i guess I think you can squeeze better performance, looks and luxury from some other cars...at almost the same price give or take few thousand.

You are kidding, right? For maximum bang for the buck....nothing beats the EVO and STi. The beauty of these cars is that they bring Ferrari-like performance in the hands of regular car guys like you and me. A 0 - 100 of 4 seconds with razor sharp handling and stupendously strong braking is no longer the stronghold of only $100,000 cars. These road rally machines have made supercar performance so much more accessible to a much wider audience.

Heres some Top Gear lap times, credit to Pferderstarke and his Top Gear Lap Time thread

Lamborghini Gallardo - 1:25.8
Corvette C6 - 1:26.0 *
Mitsubishi Evo8 MR FQ 320 - 1:26.0
TVR 350C - 1:27.0
Spyker C8 - 1:27.3 *
MG SV - 1:28.6
Mistuishi EVO8 (301hp FQ) - 1:28.9
Alpina Z8 - 1:29.0
Subaru Impreza STi WR1 - 1:29.4
Subaru Impreza STI - 1:30.1
Aston Martin DB7 GT - 1:30.9
Audi S4 - 1:30.9