Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 05:21   #61
BHPian

Thanks for the info... i think this carrera must have the C4S wheels or another set of widebody wheels on. Because the rears are seeming too wide for normal carrera's. I've spent the last two days driving behind carrera's from a distance here and they seem to be a bit wider than usual in this pic. I thought he had played with the tips.
Everyday, my love for Porsches is getting stronger and stronger. Actually, not porsches. 911's! i've been dreaming about a 997 GT2. DAMN... any in India?
Old 17th November 2008, 15:29   #62
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Thanks for the info... i think this carrera must have the C4S wheels or another set of widebody wheels on. Because the rears are seeming too wide for normal carrera's. I've spent the last two days driving behind carrera's from a distance here and they seem to be a bit wider than usual in this pic. I thought he had played with the tips.
Everyday, my love for Porsches is getting stronger and stronger. Actually, not porsches. 911's! i've been dreaming about a 997 GT2. DAMN... any in India?
+1
me too .. after driving the PDK & Manual C2S and the 997tt i love the car!!!
i read somewhere that there is a GT2 down south somewhere but the turbo is more than enough for india..
Old 17th November 2008, 19:48   #63
Team-BHP Support

spotted a 997 targa 4s. looked hot especially in that orangish colour. will upload a pic.
Old 18th November 2008, 14:35   #64
BHPian

well that orangish colour is the nordiac gold.

It sure looks killer in flesh and i can help with some pictures soon.
Old 18th November 2008, 21:56   #65
BHPian

what the hell is a targa 4s??? why is porsche killing their prestige with all these stupid models? why cant they just keep it like back in the day. you had the RS, The Turbo, Targa, cabriolet, Carrera 4s, and carrera S ( in some models). Now you have carrera s, turbo cab, turbo,Gt 2, GT 3, C4S, targa 4S, targa, etc. not to mention the bloody boxter and the cayman. which are a disgrace to Porsche. Now they've got a panamera coming...why? Porsche never built a 4 door car when they were true Porsches. Now when they aren't even made by porsche any more,they come out with stupid models. Porsche's were known for their air-cooled engines.what happened to the good old hand made porsches? The 993 was a real porsche.
now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana!
Old 19th November 2008, 09:51   #66
BHPian

now ferrari is following with their stupid Americana![/quote]

Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!!
Old 19th November 2008, 10:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what the hell is a targa 4s??? why is porsche killing their prestige with all these stupid models? why cant they just keep it like back in the day. you had the RS, The Turbo, Targa, cabriolet, Carrera 4s, and carrera S ( in some models). Now you have carrera s, turbo cab, turbo,Gt 2, GT 3, C4S, targa 4S, targa, etc. not to mention the bloody boxter and the cayman. which are a disgrace to Porsche. Now they've got a panamera coming...why? Porsche never built a 4 door car when they were true Porsches. Now when they aren't even made by porsche any more,they come out with stupid models. Porsche's were known for their air-cooled engines.what happened to the good old hand made porsches? The 993 was a real porsche.

I thought that you being a Porsche fan would already know why porsche did so.
Its because after the 993 , Porsche , under Dr Wendelin Wiedeking , understood that in order to improve profits , they must cater to a larger base of customers. Hence the positioned the Porsche cars now to mid 30's early 40's men. Therefore you see Porsche 911's after the 993 became (relatively) softer in terms of ride quality and performance.
I drove the 993 Turbo S limited edition in L.A a few years ago so I understand the difference well between the 993 and 997.
Only after targetting the new , rich , old man base, did they start to make more profits that usual.

This move to create the Panamera ,is again , to target that particular consumer segment. Same is the case for the Estoque. Only ferrari remain unperturbed by the sedan race.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!![/quote]

I think he meant the Ferrari California.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

I guess he's using "Americana" as an urban lingo, to symbolize how Ferrari's have gotten into building cars that cater specially to the American culture and lifestyle. Aka The California.

OR

It could simply mean - as you mentioned - "I think he meant Ferrari California"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Sorry this might be out of topic but what exactly is the ferrari ameriana? never heard of anything like that!!!

I think he meant the Ferrari California.[/quote]
Old 19th November 2008, 12:32   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess over the next 10 years Porsche is trying to do a Mercedes Benz. From the Smart to the Maybach, and they are still considered prestige car people!
Old 19th November 2008, 17:09   #71
BHPian

Well Porsche is definitely looking to capture a much bigger pie of the sports luxury car market which i am sure they will be able to.
At the end of the day its all about surviving in this market where giants like GM are going bankrupt, and a whole lot of other automobile manufacturers are in distress, the battle for survival is on, big time.
The strategy of porsche to come out with cars that will serve to a much larger segment of people is only going to help them grow even more as a german auto giant.
Old 20th November 2008, 09:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Well Porsche is definitely looking to capture a much bigger pie of the sports luxury car market which i am sure they will be able to.
At the end of the day its all about surviving in this market where giants like GM are going bankrupt, and a whole lot of other automobile manufacturers are in distress, the battle for survival is on, big time.
The strategy of porsche to come out with cars that will serve to a much larger segment of people is only going to help them grow even more as a german auto giant.

Completely Agree, as long as they don't talk about Porsche pedigree, history and truly Porsche while marketing the Panamera or the Cayenne diesel.

If you are manufacturing it just to make more money do so, but don't ride on the past to sell by trying and creating a faint link between the "Truly Porsche" and your Panamera's and future diesel Cayenne's.

But they wont, and it will sell and we shall buy
Old 11th January 2009, 22:53   #73

The Latest addition to my colony!!!

Gogi, you missed this car by just 2 mins when you passed by in your Merc in the Afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-image00004.jpg  

Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-image00005.jpg  

Old 13th January 2009, 12:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Haha Cyrus i saw this same car on sunday at around 4:30pm on Peddar road. Saturday night i saw The grey Turbo and the Blue carrera on Marine drive just taking rounds of the place right upto kemps corner and back.
Old 28th January 2009, 04:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Pics: The Official Porsche 997 Carrera thread! Discuss 997 non-turbo models here.-img_0237.jpg

Spotted this 911 outside the Oberoi.

Most Viewed