Team-BHP - cousin's toyota landcrusier pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   cousin's toyota landcrusier pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2097-cousin-s-toyota-landcrusier-pics.html)

hi guys
these are a few dock pics of the landcrusier picked upby my cousin
an japan import,done genuine 17k miles,with rs 2 lacs worth of spareparts,addons were front bullbar,towhook ,genunie toyota 5spoke alloys and a rearwheel cover
will try to post current images real soon

he picked it up for *around 28lacs.price ok or steep?

Nice.. Nice...Old Landcruisers were very nice compared to the new Toy Cars!!!

By the way...the wheels dont look to be 5 Spoke as u said??

some one correct me if i'm wrong but i think ur cousin paid wayyy to much for this car!!

yep..way too much for a car that's atleast 7-8 years old.

I think your cousin has paid far too much for a landcruiser.

28 lakhs gets you a nice previous generation, brand new, off-the-shelf Pajero 2800 Intercooler Turbo with service support to boot and spare cash to buy him another Tavera!

I dunno but did your cousin look around here in India. Cuz he would have got quite a few newer Landcruisers for probably less and maybe been lucky enough to find a relatively newer Prado. Japan is a great place to buy, but it totally depends on the channels you use to buy. Its far cheaper to import a WRX STi than an SUV of similar initial cost and age. And did your cousin pick it up from an auction house or a direct deal?

Revv

Highway Robbery *to pay 28 for this machine !! no offence *

he cud have got a 2 yr old pajero 3.2 new gen for the price he was robbed

hi guys
confirmed with him,he hasnt paid 28l
price is still being bargained as the vehicle cannot be changed to his name for next two years
how much at the max should he pay?this being a v6 diesel engine version,with orginal toyota addons bullbars,alloys,dvd player and 2 lac rs worth of spare parts with invoice,and original documents of the vehicle
startos,the wheels were added later, these are the intial dock pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Nov. 02 2004,14:14)]And did your cousin pick it up from an auction house or a direct deal?

think the deal went via a bombay/cochin based broker,not sure he inst divulging much details

28 Lakhs Similar ones are available here for less than 15Ls.

Far too expensive even if its thru a broker.

IMO, search on google, look thru the online auction sites based in Japan, add in the cost of car, plus duties plus the maintenance advance that you have to pay (generally a 1,00,000 yen) and registration, insurance et all. Do all of this and you'll realise that you are being taken for a ride.

Revv

Bummer dude... not even worth half the price... i would rather get a new endeavour...this cars condition is pretty shady too... bad luck.

Note that Japan market cars are only built to last around 7 years. Collusion between industry and insurnace make it difficult to keep a car beyond this period. Hence, they will not have proper rustproofing etc normally found on the export models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sahil @ Nov. 03 2004,02:30)]Bummer dude... not even worth half the price... i would rather get a new endeavour...this cars condition is pretty shady too... bad luck.

no sahil
car is in really great condition,waitng for the current on road pics,car looks really stunning
ajmat what precations should be taken?this is just gonna be a show vehiclefor parties and drives on weekend,i doubt whter it will do more than 50 kms a week
also price is being finalized today,say abt 20l

Mechanically, the car would be okay if not, very good as the japs drive gently - you might need to get additional rustproofing done on the underside