Team-BHP - Pics : Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI in Mumbai.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI in Mumbai. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2100-pics-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-vi-mumbai.html)

Hey ya fellaz.Was passin by Worli naka wen i spotted this car parked at the pump there.I asked the guy at the pump bout the car n he had this to say,"saab to gaadi yahi par park karte hain,uska office hain par parking nahin hai".
Well,so after this incident came across this Beast quite a few times.The quality of the pics aint that cool.Nokia 6600 u know.
Here are the pics:

Keep Rockin!

A couple of years back, this very EVO VI used to be my object of desire. It was then clean...stock...and a performer.

But now its ruined. Just look at what crappy wheels the stock alloys have been replaced with. Its got consistent tuning problems due to huge modifications under the hood. And yes, it has been crashed twice...head on.

Terrible way to keep an EVO. I keep my Esteem in much better shape than this.

Good pictures nevertheless, I was dying to have some EVO 9009 pictures for my collection!

GTO

the same evo was also present at last yrs speedrun. It was also pitted against the Rally Lancer and the stock Indian Lancer in one of the issues of ACI

Some time back.. i had seen a black EVO VI (yes original) with GJ regn.! Nicely kept car!

this car gets parked at juhu, opposite the gate of prithvi theatre. i agree with gto, loved the car till a few years back, now it seems like its in a mess compared to the condition it was in before.

why did he change the allloys?

looks more like a modded stock lancer

hey guys is this a orignal evo 6
some specs of this dirty alloyed car

geez...what has he done to this car! What are those..13" rims?? What happened to the original one?? written off during the accidents?

The car belongs to Kunal Kapoor(that explains why its parked near Prithvi).

I remember initially i used to think there were two white EVO6s in Bombay, because first i saw one with the stock alloys, and then a week later i saw this one with these (not very appealing) alloys + a rollcage.

In terms of the condition this car is in, well im not really gonna say anything bad about it, because after all it is an EVO, and im glad to see that he is pushing it like an EVO should be pushed, on and off the tarmac.
Plus these pictures are from a cam-phone and are definitely not doing it justice.
About the 2 accidents, one was definitely not his fault from what i have heard of it, the other i havent heard about.
And about the alloys, sure they are not very good looking, but they look like some no-nonsense forged alloys to me! (Rtech, yup they sure do look like 13"ers in the pics .... but i seem to remember them being 17"ers (not to forget that the EVO6 has HUGE discs up front.)

Now, in terms of performance upgrades, heres a couple that were in effect at the time of speedrun 2003.>
Re-tuned and raised the boost to 1.5bar (thats 21psi !!! holy hell!!!)
Was running on 100 octane aviation gas
New free flow exhaust from the turbo back, no cat and *high powered fuel pump

The car was running well on saturday, but the fuel management was cutting in and stopping the fuel supply at 6000rpm. But even with that problem the fastest time of the day was clocked by the evo6.
Saturday nite there was further re-tuning to stop the fuel supply problem from happening the next day, but that did not work out too well as the car became more than a second slower on day2(sunday).

cheers
R

Whether it was his fault or not....an accidented car (with significant front end damage) can never be gotten back to the original shape...especially when it is repaired at a Mahindra workshop!! I had seen this car personally after the first accident damage.

On the tuning front, its a complete mess right now. The amount of work going into it to achieve a well-tuned state is mindboggling.

GTO

I have some good pics of this car taken during its erm...better days. I'll scan em and post them soon.

Also Rehaan, this car always had a roll cage in it. Its so well designed that you can hardly tell its there from a casual glance. Its only once u get in it will you notice the roll cage.

Rt

hi all

he owns 2 sets of rims, the one in the pics are for the monsoons, higher profile tyres.... i do agree be's hammered the car quite a bit

Hey Rtech,

Waiting for the pics!
True, i was hesitating about typing that about the rollcage because i cant remember clearly.... i had approached Kunal Kapoor at the speedrun and had a short chat about the car..... i remember i asked him whether the rollcage was put in later but i cant remember what his answer was Also he told me that he just parks his car at the petrol pump when he goes to office.

Also remember seeing that his tyres were AVS? Avon? Av___something

But man it sure did sounds beastly sweet when idling!

R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Godspeed @ July 29 2004,16:53)]he owns 2 sets of rims, the one in the pics are for the monsoons, higher profile tyres....

Then isn't it strange that he used these rims (with the higher profile tires im assuming) at Speedrun?

R