Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 19:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Thank you!
Here is one picture I took when I went to see the car. Will post more once it comes home
Congratulations to you, you've got yourself a gem there. The manual transmission is the biggest plus, do share the purchase price might be helpful for other people.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 21:30   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Thank you!
Here is one picture I took when I went to see the car. Will post more once it comes home
Man! You’re a stud boy! And hats off to you my dear chap for following your dream and your heart. I just totally 1000% am with you on this. If you dont do it now, you will never do it. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and all that.

I am in a sense managing to follow my dreams in my later working life and in middle age. You’ ve managed it at an earlier age and to that I say WELL DONE!

Wishing you lots of excellent luck and wonderful drives in that lovely car!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 23:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: My Dream Car Fund Liquidated

I have some truly amazing news. Just went ahead and spent all of my money on a 2010 Porsche Boxster S in yellow (it's a stick shift )
Congrats on your dream car purchase and its good to know that you were able to achieve it within a short span of time. Boxters are great choices and they have good amount of power to weight ratio which results in an amazing driving experience.

Quote:
#WeLiveOnlyOnce
Great hashtag
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:18   #64
BHPian

It's finally here
The seller took quite some time to fix a few things that I had requested before giving delivery. I finally got the car on Thursday evening (16th January 2020).

The first drive was quite intimidating to be honest. I was quite far from home in peak traffic time and these cars feel very different from other cars so takes some getting used to (especially in traffic). But it felt AMAZING to drive. Just sitting in it gives me a sense of occasion

Haven't really gone too fast because I want to learn it's dynamics properly first. Not in a hurry to test it's capabilities. For now, just enjoying the experience.

Will post a dedicated thread on the car once I've driven it enough. For now, here are some pictures I took after spending 3 hours washing and cleaning it last weekend -
Attached Thumbnails
Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-whatsapp-image-20200118-13.57.082.png  

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-whatsapp-image-20200118-13.57.081.png  

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-whatsapp-image-20200118-13.57.08.jpeg  

Naman_Ferrari is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

This thing is a looker.

Congrats for realizing your dream, mate.

You are an inspiration.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 11:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
It's finally here

Congratulations! The car looks great. 5000-5500 RPM is the sweet spot. Drive safe & have fun.
Dante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 12:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: My Dream Car Fund Liquidated

I have some truly amazing news. Just went ahead and spent all of my money on a 2010 Porsche Boxster S in yellow (it's a stick shift )

#WeLiveOnlyOnce
Now, this really deserves a proper round of applause! Way to GO! Love the fact that you actually got yourself a manual Porsche. the purist way, I see! Glad that you did not wait for the bank breaking amount for a F430. This car is all you will ever need to quench your supercar thirst for maybe 1/3rd the price? (Still not sure how much it cost you, but I am not gonna ask, cos I still won't be able to afford it. ) let's say you were dreaming for a drink of expensive Dom Perignon Rose but you made the sensible choice and got yourself a crate of Miller's beer. Thirst quenched and you don't have to worry about having walking back home cos you still have money left. Lovely choice, Lovely shade of yellow, now your life will never be mellow. Cheers! waiting for your ownership thread now!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:36   #68
BHPian

Congratulations buddy!!! Little envious, but really happy to see someone realize their sportscar dream.

Quote:
Haven't really gone too fast because I want to learn it's dynamics properly first. Not in a hurry to test it's capabilities. For now, just enjoying the experience.
This is a true sign of a petrolhead. Excited yet sane.
Wishing you miles of happiness.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 13:16   #69

I do not have a dream car fund, cash sitting doesn't seem right to me. I have a conservative approach of buying a car of MSRP lower than 50% of annual income (trust me it's better than my friend who says you should get car priced at max as of monthly income).

When I was a kid, I loved civic, when it was time to get my own car, I went with Kia Stinger GT2 with 3.3 twin turbo, something much faster. Next car I want something that handles with stick like Toyota 86 and then slam a supercharger on it (my dreams are too practical now).
ruturaj001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 00:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

My thinking was exactly similar a decade back and I hardly ever had a meaningful bank balance then as I used to blow up my savings on buying maintaining motorcycles.

But thanks to the regular intervention of my father I slowly understood the meaning and importance of financial security and I ultimately mend my spending habits over the years and today I am glad my father showed me the right direction then.

But that doesn’t mean I stopped spending on buying motorcycles and I actually bought a superbike in 2017. Now, the approach I take is that the amount I spend should not be 80 to 100% of savings as I used to do a decade back but a fraction of my savings. In our younger days we could afford to do that but it should not continue as a habit as we grow older or it would turn out to be a disaster in the making.

The importance of financial security could not have been better understood other than in 2020 when people were forced to take salary cuts (including myself) or worst loose their job thanks to the pandemic. Hence, I prefer never to buy anything on loan/finance (again thanks to my father) and when buying a sports car or bike it is always advisable to have a budget which is 30 to 40% over the value of the car or bike so that any unexpected expenditure post the purchase don’t catch you off guard financially. This would be more important when purchasing a used car/bike as chances of getting a zero depreciation insurance is unlikely on a older model and any accidental repair bills can make a big financial dent.

Last edited by SnS_12 : 3rd February 2021 at 01:18.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 23:11   #71
BHPian

Congratulations mate! I was able to pick this up middle of last year and gradually learning to unleash the potential of this car. It's the most fun to drive in manual paddle shifting on the red-lines. 300hp feels just right for our road conditions and the handling is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It's absolute joy and a luxury to own, maintain, and (safely) drive on the Indian roads. It's sure to turn all eyes on you but all you want is empty stretch of roads.

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-file_001.jpeg

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-file_004.jpeg

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-file_002.jpeg

Dream Car Fund - Do you have one?-file_000.jpeg
kashesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 14:52   #72
BHPian

Looks smashing in Yellow!
Did you sell it again to BBT after just 1800 kms and less than a year?
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajdan View Post
Did you sell it again to BBT after just 1800 kms and less than a year?
Indeed i did. Variety of reasons but primary being that life got too busy too fast. I anticipated a year full of slow downs and plenty of time to put miles behind this car.
kashesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 00:54   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruturaj001 View Post
I do not have a dream car fund, cash sitting doesn't seem right to me. I have a conservative approach of buying a car of MSRP lower than 50% of annual income (trust me it's better than my friend who says you should get car priced at max as of monthly income).

When I was a kid, I loved civic, when it was time to get my own car, I went with Kia Stinger GT2 with 3.3 twin turbo, something much faster. Next car I want something that handles with stick like Toyota 86 and then slam a supercharger on it (my dreams are too practical now).
About 2 years later, in April of this year, I put deposit on 2023 BRZ (twin of GR86) and received it in September. I just freaking love it, it handles so well, and steering wheel feels like it's communicates with me. Though it isn't as powerful as I would want, it's still pretty good. I don't think I will put a supercharger on it, probably just suspension mods.

May be I will get manual 2019 C7 Corvette Grand sport in future for extra oomph.
Old 17th November 2022, 09:51   #75
BHPian

I like the idea of this thread! My dream car isn't a sports car. I honestly couldn't live happily with a sports car - the space and practicality issue, the fuel and maintenance costs etc will just make it an unpleasant experience for me. I can deal with nominal costs of upkeep, but if it costs a bomb to maintain the car then the driving pleasure simply isn't enough for me to overlook this. Of course, I'd love to drive a supercar one day, but not own it.

That said, my dream car is the Skoda Octavia vRS. Very practical, good interiors, great engines and looks amazing! Especially in that Meteor Grey colour. I will get a used one in a couple of years. Yes, I'm saving up for it.

Most Viewed