Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 21:13   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
mayavi check this link it was posted by cyrus ...Sneak Preview of the 2008 Toyota Supra and Article | 2008 Toyota Supra | Pictures and Latest News
it mentions the return of a more powerful and stylish supra. the site of toyota also does'nt have any info on the supra. maybe they are being secretive about it till its launch you never know. keeping everyone guessing i guess.

Speedy dude, the supra fan site posted old information which was already proven to be wrong. Notice both links have the same pic? Because it was a fan art printed in a japanese maganize. Toyota is not being secretive, they just don't have any plans to revive supra, period.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes iron wolf they are still hot selling on ebay, but i guess toyota does not think so.
if your curseing yourself for not haveing a cam i should be kicking myself. i was offered a 98 november supra silver coloured twin turbo belonging to a jeweler who had gone bust and needed money deperately. the car was offered in 99 jan it had done 200kms and was asking 12lacs for the car. yours truely offered 8 even though my dad had given me a budget of 11 thinking i could get a bargain for it. the car got sold for 10. dont you want to kick me.
You had the Budget and you did not buy it? I am kicking myself for even reading this.

Quote:
Speedy: mayavi check this link it was posted by cyrus ...Sneak Preview of the 2008 Toyota Supra and Article | 2008 Toyota Supra | Pictures and Latest News
it mentions the return of a more powerful and stylish supra. the site of toyota also does'nt have any info on the supra. maybe they are being secretive about it till its launch you never know. keeping everyone guessing i guess.
The Supra was a good selling car. Toyota should know better to bring it back.

The Nissan 350z is doing pretty well and Toyota has no answer for it...yet.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
You had the Budget and you did not buy it? I am kicking myself for even reading this.

The Supra was a good selling car. Toyota should know better to bring it back.

The Nissan 350z is doing pretty well and Toyota has no answer for it...yet.

you know ironwolf i did feel like kicking myself but when u are 18yrs old you do end up doing stupid things, so did i . i'm repenting thought i was king and did'nt realise there were others in line. could not find another supra that was this clean and a turbo.
toyota had removed the MRs small car had seen one in bom yellow coloured one. no match for the nissan 350z though. i want to see toyota getting an answer to the sportscars of today. they dont have any in their lineup. its a shame.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you know ironwolf i did feel like kicking myself but when u are 18yrs old you do end up doing stupid things, so did i . i'm repenting thought i was king and did'nt realise there were others in line. could not find another supra that was this clean and a turbo.
toyota had removed the MRs small car had seen one in bom yellow coloured one. no match for the nissan 350z though. i want to see toyota getting an answer to the sportscars of today. they dont have any in their lineup. its a shame.
The Supra's a really good car. Compared to the MR2,I think its way superior.
I've never really liked the MR2. Its gotta be the Supra all the way!
Old 9th August 2007, 22:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
i was talking about the MRS not mr2 nitin. its a 2000 something model car. not seen many of them. yes the supra is way superior than the mr2 no doubt about it. i like both cars distinctively different from each other with their own thrills.
Old 9th August 2007, 23:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
i was talking about the MRS not mr2 nitin. its a 2000 something model car. not seen many of them. yes the supra is way superior than the mr2 no doubt about it. i like both cars distinctively different from each other with their own thrills.

IIRC, MR-S and MR2 are one and the same with MR-S being for the Japanese market and MR2 for the american market. They discontinued marketing MR2 in US but the japanese spec one continued to be made till earlier this year I guess.

Difference between MR-S/MR2 and a Supra is that MR2 is a mid-engined car!!! How many mid-engined toyotas, or any other brand for that matter, do you see on Indian roads or foreign roads? Ferrari, Lamborghini, NSX, MR2... what else?

Last edited by Mayavi : 9th August 2007 at 23:56.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
IIRC, MR-S and MR2 are one and the same with MR-S being for the Japanese market and MR2 for the american market. They discontinued marketing MR2 in US but the japanese spec one continued to be made till earlier this year I guess.

Difference between MR-S/MR2 and a Supra is that MR2 is a mid-engined car!!! How many mid-engined toyotas, or any other brand for that matter, do you see on Indian roads or foreign roads? Ferrari, Lamborghini, NSX, MR2... what else?
mayavi i was going with what i saw on the car. thank you for the input.thats the only mrs that i have seen, no other.
i think you have pretty much named them all. there was a Noble m12 also in bom guess it is a mid engined car too.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. Mr2 is grossly underpowered although its an absolute go-kart in-terms of handling. The older generations have tremendous tuning potential however just like the Supra.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:26   #69
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

There is a white MRS in Bangalore badging Porsche stickers all over.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I agree. Mr2 is grossly underpowered although its an absolute go-kart in-terms of handling. The older generations have tremendous tuning potential however just like the Supra.
Bingo! Underpowered it is, the MR2. Don't think it was much of a hit in the US.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
if compared to a supra the mr2 is underpowered. but its handling and go-kart type abilities makes it fun to drive. the twin turbo mr2 is a beast power wise,my friend has a 97 model so i know. thats why i say both the supra and the mr2 have their own forte's. masterpeices in their own right.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Bingo! Underpowered it is, the MR2. Don't think it was much of a hit in the US.
It wasnt a hit. But now that all these cars are in demand by the tuners people ask for RIDICULOUS money for the older flip-open headlamp body style mr2's. (below) They look pretty hot though don't they

The newer MR2's with those big eyed headlamps have engine trouble and hence they flopped big time. (below) they look stupid. I almost bought one before my GTi.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

this is the model i love. my friend has the twin turbo in orange. it was at the drag race held in bom too.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

The older design looks so much better!! Reminds me of the Acura NSX.
The new style makes it look like a frog..
Old 10th August 2007, 00:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

nice meters on the car and nice wheels. was this car the one standing at four seasons by any chance.

Most Viewed