Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 02:41   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
NICE......YAY!

Stock is about 330hp, i should be pushing close to 400 with decats, exhaust blitz nur spec and k&n intake and a AEM boost controller at 1.1 bar.
AWESOME machine, whats the size of the tires & wheels?
Old 13th November 2009, 07:19   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
since this is about supra spottings i would like to throw in a pic of mine in here... its a BPU 96 Supra RZ twin turbo 6 speed, with the active spoiler and the works! completely original inc paint, just the wheels are manaray sports..
Wow this is one of the best maintained supra's I've seen in a long time.
The owner of the Blue /silver Supra should definitely do something to his car.Really doesn't look healthy.
arjunrudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 10:41   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
AWESOME machine, whats the size of the tires & wheels?
Front tires are 245/40ZR18 18x8
Rear tires are 275/35ZR18 18x9.5
Old 14th November 2009, 11:12   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Yup, those are snow tires and those are non turbo wheels.

Was that brake shot of the front or rear brakes? If front, those are non turbo brakes as well.. meaning that is a non turbo car for sure. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the turbo calipers would fit under the 16" wheels in any case, so that car is a non turbo from what I can tell.
absolutely correct observation, with the turbo brakes there is no way you can fit any rim smaller than 17 inches with the correct offset. however there were some turbos Jap spec with the NA brake set up i.e 2 piston fr 1 piston rr. this option was standardized to 4 piston 2 pist set up in 1995 for all turbos.
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:26   #215
BHPian

Re: Spotted : Toyota Supra

good to see so many supra's on Indian roads.Are there any in KOLKATA?Guys please let me know if there are any supras for sale anywhere in India.cheers
Old 3rd May 2011, 18:54   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

this is the model i love. my friend has the twin turbo in orange. it was at the drag race held in bom too.
must have been a 3sgte mr2 with the twin entry single turbo, theres no stock mr2 thats twin turbocharged.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:01   #217
BHPian

Quote:
this is how u should keep them! low miler!
as far as I know there are only two supra's in BD your one and a red one(NA) in Purana paltan area,I must say you have maintained the car perfectly and I think its time to pass it to someone(me).Jokes apart please let me know if you at all want to sell your prized possession.I promise I will keep it original and I won't thrash it.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:46   #218
BHPian

@Kishan, even if does decide to sell his supra, how do you propose to bring her over to India?
Old 13th May 2011, 18:15   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@Kishan, even if does decide to sell his supra, how do you propose to bring her over to India?
very good question i have dual nationality and i have lived in BD(bangladesh) for more than twenty years
Old 14th May 2011, 16:01   #220
BHPian

Even then you couldn't really bring her down, except TR (?) maybe. Or if you plan to keep her in BD and drive her there.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:15   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Even then you couldn't really bring her down, except TR (?) maybe. Or if you plan to keep her in BD and drive her there.
no TR.It will be in BD sleeping in my garage.I am looking for one in India as well but no luck so far
Old 14th May 2011, 19:13   #222
Senior - BHPian

Shabbirs's white Supra in Banglore was for sale long time back. Not sure of its current status. Banglore bhpians would know.
Old 14th May 2011, 19:45   #223
Senior - BHPian

I cannot believe that Toyota can design such a beautiful car. They must have outsourced the design of this one. Otherwise it is difficult to explain a Supra and an Etios/Innova/Altis standing side by side.
Old 14th May 2011, 20:31   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I cannot believe that Toyota can design such a beautiful car. They must have outsourced the design of this one. Otherwise it is difficult to explain a Supra and an Etios/Innova/Altis standing side by side.
yes they can otherwise how do you explain the creation of Lexus LF A and no the mkiv supra was 100% Japanese.Most people do not know it but it was successor of a limited production classic made by toyota in 60's (2000gt).

And as far as etios innova and altis are concerned they were made to meet practicality and for developing countries with demand for low running cost cars,so toyota does not concentrate on the looks or performance that much.Whereas the supra was made to compete with porsches and other european sports cars.

It is now official they will not make newer models of the supra,but there will be a successor which will share lot of its components with the LF A and it will be targeted at a segment between the Nissan 370z and the gtr.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:28   #225
Senior - BHPian

Friend wants a Twin-Turbo Supra. Any well-kept examples out there?

A good friend of mine is hunting for a Twin Turbo Supra. There aren't any good examples in Kerala, anyone might wanna suggest some good ones they know know of which comes with a reasonable price tag?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks