Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 17:53   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
yes speedy, but the maybach also has a sportier feel to it for us youngsters than a RR tht suits more someone of older age. Unless you mod it like some Hip Hop R&B stars. So maybach gives you more bang & luxury too. RR is pure, Maybach is complete.
both these cars dont have a sporty feel to it unless it is a rolls 101 (coupe) or the drophead (convertible) or a bentley brooklands (coupe) or the azure (convertible). the maybach has nothing sporty about it the only thing it has is the corporate feel. i dont know where you have the idea that if a car has 22 inch wheels and a heavy duty music system them it qualifies as a youngsters car. personaly if i had a car like that even if it was a rolls or a maybach i would never be seen in it or own it. both cars are pure and complete.
i think if you work at the ferrari agency you should quit, i shall get you a job at mercedes for sure you would be a good salesman for them.
Old 21st September 2007, 22:11   #452
BHPian

guys i just spotted the greenish RR phantom in bandstand,mumbai.it was on its way to taj lands end.beautiful car.there were guards following the phantom in a mercedes c-class.sorry couldnt take pictures cause i was driving.
Old 23rd September 2007, 11:53   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
its all customisation my friend. it depends on your budget and level of custoisation you want on your car. if i believe right and maverik could give a better answer that the maybach 57( smaller of the two) and the rolls are of the same size . if you compare the maybachs that have come to india and the rolls both are pretty plain. the rolls i have seen in london have tv screens, computer attachments and other gizmos with fridge or cool box.
both cars have their names to fall back on but at the end of the day it is not the car but the person who wants to buy one that makes it dull. so i think it would be wrong to say that the car only relies on its name and nothing else.
Dont take things personally dont want to offend anyone. this is my view
i think the phantom is bigger than the 57 but is smaller than the 62 , kind of midway , but the LWB version might be as long as the 62.The phantom is no doubt better than the maybach , the maybach looks like a streched s-class whereas the phantom looks majestic & has prescence that no car can match
Old 19th October 2007, 08:28   #454
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys.. the first RR Phantom LWB has arrived in Mumbai today.. its gonna be the demo car.. will post pics later.. Its HUGE!!
Old 19th October 2007, 15:33   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey guys.. the first RR Phantom LWB has arrived in Mumbai today.. its gonna be the demo car.. will post pics later.. Its HUGE!!
thats good. when is it going to the showroom?
Old 19th October 2007, 19:29   #456
Senior - BHPian

Here r the pics guys.. the car is already at the showroom..

Now thats spacious!!

Regards,
Mav!
Old 19th October 2007, 19:40   #457
Team-BHP Support

HOLY CRAP. that things huge. look at the amount of legspace. it looks total bling.
Old 19th October 2007, 22:37   #458
BHPian

Awesome pics, mav !!
Black suits the Rolls like anything. Those wheels are a bit too bling but dont look that bad with black car.
Old 19th October 2007, 22:51   #459
Senior - BHPian

the car looks awesome!! nice photos maverick

but i also feel any pictures of this car can never do justice to the cars actual impresson

thanks for the pics mav
Old 20th October 2007, 00:30   #460
BHPian

Indeed a very huge car..!!!Good pics
Old 20th October 2007, 00:35   #461
BHPian

Well, even with the extended wheel base, it doesn't matter: The rear seats do nothing. No recline. No movement. What good is the EWB if you cant lie down?

Where the Maybach did great, the Phantom lacks. And vice versa.
Old 20th October 2007, 01:27   #462
Senior - BHPian

great going Mav, the car looks stunning and somehow the good old black looks great on the rolls. the chrome wheels look great and compliment the car perfectly.
the car looks just a few mm more than the normal phantom. what is the premium one has to shell out for this luxury.
Old 20th October 2007, 04:15   #463
BHPian

I think fans of Maybach & RR Phantom will all agree to disagree which is the better machine. Co-existance is the only agreement we will ever reach.
Old 20th October 2007, 10:49   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
I think fans of Maybach & RR Phantom will all agree to disagree which is the better machine. Co-existance is the only agreement we will ever reach.
exactly any as a matter of fact any car from 30 lac onwards can only be be judgeed on the bases of how the brand appeals to the person for the carmakers have their own great history
looking at this history of cars one might want a bmw one might feel he wand to own mercedes marque someone else might want cadillac etc etc

as a matter of fact every time i watch a programme history channel about a certain carmaker and how it came to its present state i feel like owning that car

and even though cars belong to the same segment they can have some diffences like eg BMW 7series might be more of a drivers car,s class maybe more of a chaufer driven car and audi for high fi gadgets(i dont mean it its jst an example)that does not mercedes is horrble to drive or BMW doesnt have sufficiant convinience gadgets
therefore it also means that choosing one car over another can never be a deal of loss
its the marque and the looks that are important in appealing a certain brand you can never say it doesnt makes choosing one over the other
Old 20th October 2007, 10:55   #465
BHPian

saw it the LWB at Atria showroom along with the vintage one as well, looks very imposing in the flesh..great pics here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks