Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 19:58   #436
BHPian

Mobile store

i have seen a Phantom today in Hyderabad near Langer house.

It was a demo car showcasing the Mobile store.
i think the pic was in the papers yesterday.

was driving, so cldnt take any pics.
Old 18th September 2007, 19:59   #437
Senior - BHPian

Phantom update guys.. 2 more have arrived today in Mumbai.. One is gonna be in Mumbai.. a dull gray colour.. although loaded interiors.. and the other is for Kolhapur!! this one is in silver with individual seats.. and rear monitors.. also our demo phantom has gone back.. expecting the first LWB in Mid oct.. will post the pics later!
Old 18th September 2007, 20:06   #438
Team-BHP Support

where has your demo phantom gone? back as in what? are you getting another one?
Old 18th September 2007, 22:22   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
where has your demo phantom gone? back as in what? are you getting another one?
Well the demo cars come here on 6-8 months license.. and have to be sent back.. it is then replaced by a new car..
Old 18th September 2007, 22:40   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Well the demo cars come here on 6-8 months license.. and have to be sent back.. it is then replaced by a new car..
the car must be here on carnet maverick. is it nesicarry to replace the car or can the same car be brought back.
R you in the showroom at atria or in thane?
Old 19th September 2007, 23:23   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
Few pics of one of the 2 phantoms..

Will post the remaining pics in a couple of days..

Regards,
Mav!
Old 20th September 2007, 00:17   #442
Senior - BHPian

Maverick was one of the cars at the showroom in atria mall. is the showroom functional or just like a display window for the car. was wondering as i came to bombay twice but never saw anyone at the showroom when i crossed to go home.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:13   #443
BHPian

Came across an interesting story about RR. Two greek shipping billionaires Onassis and Niarchos (both are now deceased) were in Italy. After lunch they took a walk and happened to pass a RR showroom. They both decided to buy a RR each and when then had to pay, Onassis told Niarchos that it was only fair that he should pay for both the cars since the latter had paid for the lunch. Imagine that !!!
Old 20th September 2007, 09:15   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Maverick was one of the cars at the showroom in atria mall. is the showroom functional or just like a display window for the car. was wondering as i came to bombay twice but never saw anyone at the showroom when i crossed to go home.
Well i am based at andheri workshop.. the RR showroom at Atria is operational since more then a yr.. only thing is that the sales personnel sit on the first floor.. this is not eh one displayed at the showroom.. that was a demo car.. these r customer cars..
Old 20th September 2007, 10:48   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Phantom update guys.. 2 more have arrived today in Mumbai.. One is gonna be in Mumbai.. a dull gray colour.. although loaded interiors.. and the other is for Kolhapur!! this one is in silver with individual seats.. and rear monitors.. also our demo phantom has gone back.. expecting the first LWB in Mid oct.. will post the pics later!
Kolhapur!?! Man, India has money pouring from everywhere !

Will the LWB be a demo car or has it been ordered by a customer?
Old 20th September 2007, 12:51   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i am based at andheri workshop.. the RR showroom at Atria is operational since more then a yr.. only thing is that the sales personnel sit on the first floor.. this is not eh one displayed at the showroom.. that was a demo car.. these r customer cars..

yes i do know the atria showroom has been operational for the past year, did have an invite for it too. i did not know the sales personal sat on the first floor so i used to wonder, if it was just a show window for the ROLLS.

where in andheri is the workshop? do pardon my ignorance i have been in delhi for far too long. my office is in andheri too.
Old 20th September 2007, 18:36   #447
BHPian

Crazy as it might sound .. I saw a Rolls Royce Phantom in Hyderabad yesterday .. the car was painted Red and White and said "MobileStore" on it's side !!!

I was not able to get any snaps tough !!

Any ideas if the RR is being used as a Mobile Dukaan ??
Old 21st September 2007, 00:34   #448
BHPian

I remember that story when a rolls was used by an Indian maharaja as a garbage dumpster truck!!! Also i feel the maybach is far mre spacious, comfortable and better equiped. Its only the RR name thats better, but sadly nothing else. I guess it also must be more smoother & silent, but doesn't make sense to a gizmo freak. Would goin for a Brabus Maybach 62S anyday over these chics.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 21st September 2007 at 00:37. Reason: adding info
Old 21st September 2007, 01:40   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
I remember that story when a rolls was used by an Indian maharaja as a garbage dumpster truck!!! Also i feel the maybach is far mre spacious, comfortable and better equiped. Its only the RR name thats better, but sadly nothing else. I guess it also must be more smoother & silent, but doesn't make sense to a gizmo freak. Would goin for a Brabus Maybach 62S anyday over these chics.

its all customisation my friend. it depends on your budget and level of custoisation you want on your car. if i believe right and maverik could give a better answer that the maybach 57( smaller of the two) and the rolls are of the same size . if you compare the maybachs that have come to india and the rolls both are pretty plain. the rolls i have seen in london have tv screens, computer attachments and other gizmos with fridge or cool box.
both cars have their names to fall back on but at the end of the day it is not the car but the person who wants to buy one that makes it dull. so i think it would be wrong to say that the car only relies on its name and nothing else.
Dont take things personally dont want to offend anyone. this is my view
Old 21st September 2007, 16:14   #450
BHPian

yes speedy, but the maybach also has a sportier feel to it for us youngsters than a RR tht suits more someone of older age. Unless you mod it like some Hip Hop R&B stars. So maybach gives you more bang & luxury too. RR is pure, Maybach is complete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks