Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 12:34   #586
BHPian

I did not mean to say that, they are humans too and they too deserve to see it, the only point i was trying to make is the owner had no one to look after the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
you make it sound as if 'rickshaw drivers and other urchins' are not human! big deal if they touched the car. their hands are not made of acid. it really wont damage the paint that much. nothing a polish can't take care of and a person who owns a phantom cannot afford. If you can buy a car like that in India, let the people who cannot (99%) at least enjoy looking at it.
Old 9th September 2008, 13:27   #587
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
you make it sound as if 'rickshaw drivers and other urchins' are not human! big deal if they touched the car. their hands are not made of acid. it really wont damage the paint that much. nothing a polish can't take care of and a person who owns a phantom cannot afford. If you can buy a car like that in India, let the people who cannot (99%) at least enjoy looking at it.
Sorry dont agree, i dont like anyone touching, leaning or coming in physical contact with my cars or bikes, unless i know them. Look at it but dont touch it.

No i dont own a Phantom.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:41   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Sorry dont agree, i dont like anyone touching, leaning or coming in physical contact with my cars or bikes, unless i know them. Look at it but dont touch it.

No i dont own a Phantom.
Spitfire what liv2drv means is that there are situations we cannot control but offcourse if we do have tonnes of money to keep a security gaurd with the car at all times. we all includeing liv2drv love our cars irrespective of it being a Maruti 800 or a Phantom and they are like family to us and would not like people touching fiddling and leaning on them, but when you park them somewhere it does happen. we cannot stay around them 24/7. it should not be made such a big issue off and make the less fortunate sound like they are untouchables. i hope you do agree on this.
No offense meant to you or anyone else.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:53   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Is this RR 'wrapped' ie has a vinyl sticker, or is it actually painted like this?

The red and white is a factory paintjob, rest is all vinyl stickering and lots must have peeled off by now, the way that car is going places.
Old 9th September 2008, 16:30   #590
Senior - BHPian

Speedy / Spitfire...i leave my automobiles for others to observe and even take pictures..but i dont let anyone touch them as there are definitly sentiments involved.
Often people lean,sit on your cars and bikes and it pisses me off.I would never do that on others property.Its a matter of civic sense and courtesy.
In this bargain,i may sound snobbish,but thats now what iam.Its just like your babies that you care for !!!
anyway lets enjoy our automobile passion.
Old 9th September 2008, 19:18   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Speedy / Spitfire...i leave my automobiles for others to observe and even take pictures..but i dont let anyone touch them as there are definitly sentiments involved.
Often people lean,sit on your cars and bikes and it pisses me off.I would never do that on others property.Its a matter of civic sense and courtesy.
In this bargain,i may sound snobbish,but thats now what iam.Its just like your babies that you care for !!!
hillram i see you have missed the point here. i was clarifying a statement liv2drv made against a statement by Diasrohan. there is no issue with Spitfire and me. Each of us have our own ways of seeing things. I agree with liv2drv here.

Let me explain and ask you do you take your car out to work, for coffee or lunch, dinner and shopping. I am sure you do, and your car sometimes stand on the road. i am sure at some point it would have. so at that point do you miss your work, lunch, coffee etc. i am sure not. this is the part which is beyond our control. this is what i was trying to say hillram.
if we are around our cars we do try to get people not to lean, touch and fiddle, sitting on them is out of the question. some people do lack the civic sense and courtesy as they have the notion that if they touch it then they have seen it.
We all have sentiments with our car after the amount of hardwork put into restoring and careing for them. i get pissed if someone tries something funny with someone elses car forget my own. this feeling that we share does not give us the right to treat someone unfortunate enough like an untouchable. If people like to behave this way i would recommend that they keep their cars in their Garage and not take it out atall, as you cannot stay with them 24/7 to protect them. You have people touching the car trying to peep into it at rallys, at that time you dont mind it.
At Rallys or when i am out with the caddy for a drive and have stopped somewhere, and a family approaches and tries makeing their child upto 5 years stand next to the fender to take a picture, i make the child sit on the fender. the Smile on the childs face and his parens face is priceless. It makes all the efforts to restore the cars worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
we all includeing liv2drv love our cars irrespective of it being a Maruti 800 or a Phantom and they are like family to us and would not like people touching fiddling and leaning on them, but when you park them somewhere it does happen. we cannot stay around them 24/7.
Anyways lets leave this at this and continue enjoying the Automobile passion like you said.

Last edited by speedy : 9th September 2008 at 19:25.
Old 9th September 2008, 21:46   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
One can be snobbish with their own car, may be even erect a fence around it wherever they park. But being snobbish with someone else's car?
Old 10th September 2008, 12:21   #593
BHPian

Chill Guys,Each of us have our own views,and they have to be respected.
No Offence to anyone, including the 99% who cannot afford Phantoms and also to those who may or may not have acid on their hands
Just hearing that a phantom parked at Marve,without any security shocked me that is all....
Those in this forum who like they cars being touched, please park them at Marve Beach.Yes it obvious we can polish our cars and may be also repaint them if necessary
Keep up the good spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
One can be snobbish with their own car, may be even erect a fence around it wherever they park. But being snobbish with someone else's car?
Old 25th September 2008, 16:30   #594
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Posting a couple of pics of 2 Phantoms coming face to face.. one has a gold plated spirit of ecstacy.. was gonna take more pics of them side by side.. but damn they are huge.. one of them is an LWB..
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom-dsc09462.jpg  

Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom-dsc09465.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2008, 16:50   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey guys,

Posting a couple of pics of 2 Phantoms coming face to face.. one has a gold plated spirit of ecstacy.. was gonna take more pics of them side by side.. but damn they are huge.. one of them is an LWB..
Is that S-class behind the Phatom with gold plated ecstacy
Old 25th September 2008, 23:35   #596
BHPian

Speaking of people touching cars, do people leave supercars and luxury cars parked without supervision all the time?

Has anyone ever seen anyone sitting on one of these?

What about some cars that have a carbon fiber hood or a fibreglass hood, do people sit on that and break it?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:55   #597
BHPian

You would hardly ever see someone sitting on their supercars although there is one exception!

I saw these Arab guys resting against their Enzo, Gallardo and sitting on the Bentley Conti outside a Kebab shop in Edgware Road, London!
Old 26th September 2008, 21:00   #598
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
You would hardly ever see someone sitting on their supercars although there is one exception!

I saw these Arab guys resting against their Enzo, Gallardo and sitting on the Bentley Conti outside a Kebab shop in Edgware Road, London!
that place is THE place for arabs.... i remember seeing a beautiful orange supra, a blacked out 2 door, 6 metre cadilliac and other very very rare cars.. Drag racing there around midnight is awesome!
plus love the way you can have no. plates lik 5INGH, AL1, F1, BOSS etc etc
just my two cents
Old 26th September 2008, 23:10   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post

No what I meant was in India, do random people sit on other people's supercars and luxury cars? I believe that sittting on cars is culture unique mostly to india. Never seen it in the west anywhere. Infact people get freaked out if you touch their car !!
Old 27th September 2008, 03:19   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
No what I meant was in India, do random people sit on other people's supercars and luxury cars? I believe that sittting on cars is culture unique mostly to india. Never seen it in the west anywhere. Infact people get freaked out if you touch their car !!
O Yes I would agree with you on that! I guess there maybe two reasons for this:

1. People in India are too chilled out and relaxed, so they don't mind using someone's supercar for sitting purposes. When the owner comes, they just move onto the other car!
2. Some people can't resist passing off someone else's supercar as their own!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks