Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 02:03   #136
BHPian

not yet, but its an idea, thanks!
Old 17th September 2010, 18:48   #137

Heyo Ladies,

I have recently moved to Mumbai, and im missing my 3000 GT like no other. Any idea if someone is selling or someone who can help me get one.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:46   #138
BHPian

check out the classified section on this site
Old 10th March 2011, 15:10   #139
BHPian

Re: Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India

Recent pictures of my GTO
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India-gto11.jpg  

Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India-gto12.jpg  

adilkhan5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 14:15   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I personally like Mitsubishi for their Evo's and GTO's.
We had a similar red GT in A'bad sometime back with a very special license plate - one of a kind thing - well, that has disappeared now. Heard it crashed somewhere on the highway - maybe it got totaled.
yes that belonged to my cousin it was a 750+ bhp sadly it crashed in 1997 in the cantonment i still have half of that car with me I recently got my self another red one i got it in pretty bad shape but got a new engine and tranny for her all new interior and everything to my satisfaction she drives like a dream now. come down some day if you wish to see her.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th January 2014 at 12:53. Reason: Two smileys per post only. Please go through the rules. Thanks.
harsheed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 18:49   #141
BHPian

@harsheed - where did you order the engine and tranny from ? I am looking to bring mine back up from the ashes too.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:08   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsheed View Post
yes that belonged to my cousin it was a 750+ bhp sadly it crashed in 1997 in the cantonment i still have half of that car with me I recently got my self another red one i got it in pretty bad shape but got a new engine and tranny for her all new interior and everything to my satisfaction she drives like a dream now
come down some day if you wish to see her
750+bhp? Now that sounds interesting.Can we have some of those old pictures.I thought the white Supra from bangalore was one of the most powerful Japanese around leaving behind the GTRs. And may we also see some of the pictures from the resurrection wit new engine n tranny.What kind of engine has it got now?
Old 7th January 2014, 12:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
750+bhp? Now that sounds interesting.Can we have some of those old pictures.I thought the white Supra from bangalore was one of the most powerful Japanese around leaving behind the GTRs. And may we also see some of the pictures from the resurrection wit new engine n tranny.What kind of engine has it got now?

I dont think that Supra is still in Bangalore is it? Heard rumours that it has been sold off to a neighbouring city. Also heard the owner is planning to hook up his boxter but I cant confirm this.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:14   #144

Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India-image3216336776.jpg

This one was the one that got totalled
Old 8th January 2014, 16:04   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I dont think that Supra is still in Bangalore is it? Heard rumours that it has been sold off to a neighbouring city. Also heard the owner is planning to hook up his boxter but I cant confirm this.
The White " 69 " Supra is still in Bangalore. Just saw it last weekend with a couple of 350 Z's on a drive to the outskirts of town .

Another Supra ( Silver ) has been sold off to a person in Chennai.

And Btw the White Supra apparently isn't the claimed " 990 " Bhp anymore. Last i heard its been tuned down to about 550 now
Old 13th January 2014, 11:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
The White " 69 " Supra is still in Bangalore. Just saw it last weekend with a couple of 350 Z's on a drive to the outskirts of town .

Another Supra ( Silver ) has been sold off to a person in Chennai.

And Btw the White Supra apparently isn't the claimed " 990 " Bhp anymore. Last i heard its been tuned down to about 550 now
I may be wrong but wasnt it the silver supra that belonged to a famous racer in Bangalore? That was apparently spitting out 900BHP + and complete with NOS kit and so on?
Old 13th January 2014, 12:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I may be wrong but wasnt it the silver supra that belonged to a famous racer in Bangalore? That was apparently spitting out 900BHP + and complete with NOS kit and so on?
hi Fullrevs

You may be right I'm not too sure. If your talking bout the silver supra being the " Racer " with two Silver Supra's then I Could check.
The white one I'm talking bout is with another racer. The car runs at almost every single drag held in the country!

dj sulz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 12:07   #148
BHPian

Any idea of the value of a 3000gt twin turbo vr4 today?
Old 29th October 2017, 13:34   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilkhan5 View Post
Any idea of the value of a 3000gt twin turbo vr4 today?
More than the actual value, worth - the seller needs to find an buyer who is dreaming of one these and is willing to take the risk (time and money) of running these. The price is equivalent to his desperation and boy-dreams and his fear of someone else grabbing this potential one time chance.

I understand there are hardly a handful of 3000 GTs in the country in running state but one hardly spots any on the road indicating that these cars have issues running in India (old car, parts issue, turbo issues, tuner issues, more...). You have had one of these and maybe had a relative trouble-free experience but that is considering the amount you cars you buy and sell and know the most effective reliable economical way of running these. The GJ VR4 has never ever been clicked publicly. Spiff's car has never made it to the road since bought. Arush's example is also hardly seen. Not even sure if these guys still own them.

In fully refurbished state according to seller (note buyer will still need to incur some good expenses as sellers perspective on such vehicles is hardly true in reality), it should be sub 12L considering the age and associated expenses. In average running condition : 5-7. In non-working condition, one can pay how much one can pay for beautiful garage showpiece. However most sellers want the moon for these cars and these mostly dont end up getting sold for a long time till the time the owner is really frustrated and now wants to get rid and makes space for another beauty which is when it gets sold for way less than what earlier potential buyers offered.
dipen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 14:38   #150
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Very true Dipen! The 3000GT/GTO is one of the best looking Japanese sports/super cars along with the Nissan 300ZX, Honda NSX and Toyota Supra. There are indeed a handful of these in India - and most of which in either non-usable condition or lying abandoned in a basement or a garage.

It did make sense for a 1st time sportscar buyer to buy this car 15 years ago when it was still probably new and when there was a market for such cars. Today, such cars would have changed multiple hands, undergone complex builds etc and may not be as reliable as they were a decade ago.

The target customer today for these cars as I see would be enthusiasts who will take this up as a project car to modify and use it on the track / shows / speedruns etc.

Quote:
The GJ VR4 has never ever been clicked publicly. Spiff's car has never made it to the road since bought. Arush's example is also hardly seen. Not even sure if these guys still own them.
Are you referring to this one (Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India) which was modified by Autopsyche? Spiffs GT (Pics : Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT / Stealths in India)which was done up by Autopsyche is a non-runner I guess (Spiffs signature has a 2015 Ferrari 458 Spider ). Not sure if Arush's 3000GT is still in usable condition or not. Adil - do you still have your GTO?
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks