Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 21:10   #91
BHPian

@Canonball,everything you say makes perfect sense, but unfortunately when you are young,sometimes the heart rules the head and the burning yearning in the core of your body is impossible to ignore.Flowery language, I know but it still does not do justice to the actual feeling.
Today, many years on,can come closer to your point of view.
To answer your last line, in the old days, swallowed a lot and choked on most of it!
Maybe, if I was in touch with moderating influences like yourself way back then might have exercised more discretion.
Anyway, no regrets.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:43   #92
BHPian

@Canonball,just need to add the following to my previous post.
The crab analogy, on second reading is inappropriate by my thinking. No one who truly loves cars buys them to deprive someone else of the pleasure of buying it, or to impede someone else's progress in life ,which I understand as the crux of the crab story. Nor do they anticipate what might happen to the car ten years down the line if improperly parked/stored.That realisation, sadly, comes too late.
Would love to buy an XK 120 today, just missed a couple, twenty odd years ago,will always regret that, maybe you can help find me one?
Old 30th October 2009, 10:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

XK's are available at a price but at the same time there is a select buying crowd so if you sit accorss the owner, build rapport etc you may be able to get it at a reasonable price ( safely below the exorbitant qouted price). By the way I am 36 year of age and was very very close to buying many cars over the last 12 years but my practical side stopped me today I don't regret that at all of them were regualer variety.

Having said this I do keep an eye for that special car (s) and India being India I may be able to atmost have a few oppertunity before I die but I will

I have my mother & father to thank for all the practical outlook, no to mention years of globe trotting (able to acquire perspective) dabling in some profitable car projects and returning back to the motherland empty handed :( car wise.

I may end up doing what you did as a youth when I turn a little older. I agree my crab quote may be irrelevant but heard to many people talk about others trying to grab cars out of each others hands! Also other owners who refuse to part with cars when they are going into the ground even with most making appeals to save the said cars what do you call that?

Last edited by canonball : 30th October 2009 at 10:50.
Old 30th October 2009, 14:59   #94
BHPian

@Canonball, appreciate your maturity and exercise of restraint, for which you owe your parents a lot as you mentioned yourself.
Agreed wholeheartedly on the issue of cars going into the ground,in possible explanation (not as an excuse and with no attempt at justification), would say that sometimes cars are retained beyond when they should be for sentimental reasons,the old memories they hold and in the sincere but misguided belief that"one day I will get it running again."
On a more serious note could you or anyone else on the forum please help me realise a long- standing dream, an XK 120, at,(as you put it), a "reasonable price".
Old 30th October 2009, 15:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

There was an unrestored chocolate color split windscreen model with special features posted on Team Bhp a while ago the said car was in gujarat you may want to PM the poster of the pic as a start then work your way through Would be glad to assist you with ideas quiries and advice should you see the same fit . Will lookout for others and pass the lead on to you. Thakkar's car was for sale as well not sure if she has already changed hands.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:00   #96
BHPian

@Canonball,thanks,remember reading about the Gujarat car, but did not get the impression that it was on the market then.Will go back and check the relevant posts.
Thakkar's car has been sold as per some posts on this forum.Someone had told me to go down to Aundh(Think I remember who that person was, he is probably on team bhp, but am not sure) to try and locate the car as long as twenty years ago, when it belonged to a zamindar?, foolishly did not follow up then.
Thanks again, would appreciate all the help I can get to find an XK.
Old 31st October 2009, 00:10   #97
Senior - BHPian

The Thakkar car is long sold and is in Jaipur right now.

911987 you might want to try Indore. If you are lucky you might get the second one. The price what i had heard a few months ago was not reasonable at all.
Old 31st October 2009, 14:35   #98
BHPian

@Mods,Sorry just realised how far i have travelled from Ferrari in Mumbai to Xk in Indore, will post in the right place in future.
@Speedy, thanks for the Indore tip which only confirms my fears that I may have missed the xk bus many moons ago.
@Canonball,will keep looking for the xk with your help and whoever else cares to chip in.
Old 31st October 2009, 21:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
@Speedy, thanks for the Indore tip which only confirms my fears that I may have missed the xk bus many moons ago.
He had two. One is sold in Bangalore and the other was still wth the owner.
Old 31st October 2009, 23:55   #100
BHPian

@Speedy, sorry my earlier post on missing the Xk bus lacked clarity, my statement was with regard to the price being"not reasonable at all" rather than a comment on availability of the car.
Thanks again.
Old 2nd November 2009, 07:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Definitely a valuable one.
The pic. of same car was posted here somewhere before.
Appears to be 1968 model (front board).
The date on the image says 23-12-94.
The car looks pretty clean and maintained. What happened to it in the intermediate years ?

Also does any one know who is Ian Nazareth? Wikicars mentions him as the Sole importer for Ferrari in India and the Indian Sub-Continent.
Ferrari Enzo - Wikicars
hi guys,
doesnt that ferrari look like the dino.or which model is it ?or is it the daytona?anyways im sure that ferrari will have more value than any other ferrari in the country incuding the one 599gtb or the f430 scuderia.
and why arent there any more pics of the 599tgtb? is it not arai certified for indian roads.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
hi guys,
doesnt that ferrari look like the dino.or which model is it ?or is it the daytona?anyways im sure that ferrari will have more value than any other ferrari in the country incuding the one 599gtb or the f430 scuderia.
and why arent there any more pics of the 599tgtb? is it not arai certified for indian roads.
If you brouse through the previous pages the Model and current pictures of the car are there. The Ferrari is a 365gtb. Whatever made you think this car is a Dino or a daytona? The dino is flatter and more rounded from the rear. The daytona front looks like the standard 2000 absolutely flat front. This could be mistaken for the 250gtb or the 275 gtb. Google pictures of the three and you would be able to spot the difference . Yes this car does have more value than any of the newer ferrari's not only in India but also in the World.
A car above $40,000 dollars does not need ARAI certification. There are only a handful of 599gtbs in the country and not all owners are known or when they take the cars out so its a patience game.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:52   #103
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't this one red before? I've kept the plates because the car has been to rallies etc and has been spotted and posted quite often here. Sounded good, went pretty well. I thought it had been standing for a while because of some tech glitches.

Ferrari pics from Mumbai-photo1046.jpg

Ferrari pics from Mumbai-photo1047.jpg

Ferrari pics from Mumbai-photo1048.jpg

Ferrari pics from Mumbai-photo1050.jpg

Ferrari pics from Mumbai-photo1044.jpg
Old 14th September 2010, 19:04   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Wasn't this one red before? I've kept the plates because the car has been to rallies etc and has been spotted and posted quite often here. Sounded good, went pretty well. I thought it had been standing for a while because of some tech glitches.

Attachment 423741

Attachment 423742

Attachment 423743

Attachment 423744

Attachment 423745
Wow thats some eye candy there. Btw Congrats to you bro ,for your promotion
Old 14th September 2010, 19:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

Wow that is an absolute beauty,and nice number plate too.Fantastically maintained,nice to see such classics in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks