Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 13:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Speedy is this the one we spoke of over the weekend the same parsi guy owned the porsche as well right/ You were telling me it is the same as Rossi' car same one?
Yes this is the same car. Sorry i got the model wrong. Looks similar from the front does'nt it.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

You are right it even has the same wheels as rossi's car which can be confusing as well infact she may be an earlier addition and therefore slightly more valuable. What year is she?

Last edited by canonball : 26th October 2009 at 15:13.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
You are right it even has the same wheels as rossi's car which can be confusing as well infact she may be an earlier addition and therefore slightly more valuable. What year is she?
A 1964 or a 1968 not sure. Valuable non the less as she is the only one of her kind in India and what makes her even more valuable is the LHD.
Old 27th October 2009, 00:39   #79
BHPian

Definitely a valuable one.
The pic. of same car was posted here somewhere before.
Appears to be 1968 model (front board).
The date on the image says 23-12-94.
The car looks pretty clean and maintained. What happened to it in the intermediate years ?

Also does any one know who is Ian Nazareth? Wikicars mentions him as the Sole importer for Ferrari in India and the Indian Sub-Continent.
Ferrari Enzo - Wikicars
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari pics from Mumbai-ferrari.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 12:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

She definately looks in much better shape in this pic wonder what the owner is upto to make her like what she is now in 4 years! His other car to seems lying in some workshop unfinished/incomplete for the past couple of years a well no point in it if you ask me
Old 27th October 2009, 13:53   #81
BHPian

1994(date on photo) to 2009 would make it 15 years, not 4.Cars can sink into the ground in less time than that.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

oops my bad not 4 misread it but this is a classic ferrari sir and I see absolutely no reason for this to happen! The owner owned this car since new a friend saw it in the late 60's early 70's at Sanatcruz airport and several occasions over the years. The same parsi family has owned until the current owner bought them. If stayed that way till 94 why in hell did it thave to look like it does now!!

Last edited by canonball : 27th October 2009 at 14:36.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:04   #83
BHPian

@Canonball, feel your pain, see your point.Do not know the circumstances of the current owner, but have been responsible for one good car going into the ground myself ,saved another one just in time, all because of no covered parking being available to keep the cars safely in the unforgiving monsoon in the city of Bombay( God and beings above Him will forgive me, I hope and pray ,for using Bombay instead of MUMBAI, as the above cars fell apart , way before the city's name.)
Old 27th October 2009, 16:10   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Was on my way to pick up my best bud and behold i see something awsom in red. i thought it was the alfa romeo and past by. My rear veiw told me a different story and then i realised its a Pranceing Horse.

Sorry GTO for mentioning 250gt checked the books and Presenting the 365 GT. The car is on its way to get a Paint job. The mechnicals and chroming of the car would be done later.
Hey,
i too saw the ferrari on sunday and could not believe my eyes, luckily i had my camera with me so got some pretty good photos of it, but this was a high for me. never expected a classic 60's ferrari to be in the city, the condition does not matter, it can always be restored, it's just the sheer presence of it that was unbelievable, was staring at it for a good hour
Old 27th October 2009, 19:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hey adityaa if you got high-res pics, please put them up. And isnt the car next to the ferrari a xk120?
Old 27th October 2009, 20:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Definitely a valuable one.
The pic. of same car was posted here somewhere before.
Appears to be 1968 model (front board).
The date on the image says 23-12-94.
The car looks pretty clean and maintained. What happened to it in the intermediate years ?
The picture has been posted by me only on another thread. This was dureing the auto expo in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityaa View Post
Hey,
i too saw the ferrari on sunday and could not believe my eyes, luckily i had my camera with me so got some pretty good photos of it, but this was a high for me. never expected a classic 60's ferrari to be in the city, the condition does not matter, it can always be restored, it's just the sheer presence of it that was unbelievable, was staring at it for a good hour
Do post pictures but with the number plate blanked out please. It was very difficult to have the owner agree to let me post the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Hey adityaa if you got high-res pics, please put them up. And isnt the car next to the ferrari a xk120?
That is the Xk 150 belonging to the Gondals.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

I think one must have proper storage or parking before getting into such cars. I own garages & spaces that are worth many time more than the daily use cars I park in them and here I see folks withc cars whose potential worth may be many times more than garages having problems finding half decent shelters!! Something wrong with this picture. I know many here who have gone on a collection bing over the years just to show one upmenship with the bhogilal's & Mallya's of the world when they don't have decent parking for any one of the cars they are hoarding up! Sad I think people like titus etc are the only ones who atleast have a dedicated warehouse unlike others.

Last edited by canonball : 27th October 2009 at 21:33.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:41   #88
BHPian

@Canonball,absolutely agree with you on the safe storage aspect of priceless autos, but what does someone who just manages to scrape together enough funds to acquire the car of his dreams do if he has no covered parking? Does he let the car go to someone else who can be a worthy custodian of the car, in the full knowledge that he may never see another similar car in the market, given the limited number of such vehicles in India?
Not for a minute suggesting that this is the case in the car under discussion above,just food for thought.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
@Canonball,absolutely agree with you on the safe storage aspect of priceless autos, but what does someone who just manages to scrape together enough funds to acquire the car of his dreams do if he has no covered parking? Does he let the car go to someone else who can be a worthy custodian of the car, in the full knowledge that he may never see another similar car in the market, given the limited number of such vehicles in India?
Not for a minute suggesting that this is the case in the car under discussion above,just food for thought.
The case with this car was that the previous owner did not value it as it was his from day one and he had had his fun with the car. There were no issues of parking or any of that with him considering he has Rolls Royces and S classes too. You can say the lack of knowledge and the willingness of restoreing the car in India caused the car to be in the present state. I dont think he trusted the place where this car used to go to get tuned either. The car along with another desirable stood at his house in the open for quite a nomber of years. The good thing he did was give them off to the current owner instead of letting them go to the ground.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Why not 911987 think about it as in the final analysis the car goes to nobody but into the ground! This is the exact mentality why Indians are the butt of the crab symposium joke. At least if the car goes to someone who can keep it intact it will be perhaps available agian for sale in the future in the meantime it is not as if your life stopped or you stopped earning etc is it? You can always buy it in the future if you put your mind and heart into it My belief all this stuff about scarcity & none availablity is Bumcum and boarderline mediocre thinking. At this rate Mr. Titus who is fairly new to the collector's scene must be crying every day on all those years he never bought/was not able to buy but see how he has been buying them like no tommorrow in the last 10 years. The other notable one is the thakkar's who went on a collection binge in the 80's & 90's many like you some year ago would have said the same and now what? he has been diluting it steadily over the years and those cars are all stored in garages.

My belief swallow what you can chew not what you can't mate

Last edited by canonball : 28th October 2009 at 13:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks