Team-BHP - Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/213235-private-carnet-imports-mumbai.html)

Since there was not a single thread to post one off private imports (cars which usually do not retail here) and/or Carnet imports seen in Mumbai, I thought of starting one since making a thread for every unique import - say a Morgan or a Lotus would not make much sense.

If there already exists any similar thread, mods may merge this one with it.

Lincoln Continental imported on Carnet. Looks mighty elegant I must add!

Pics by Viren Parikh

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2454.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2465.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2458.jpg

What a fantastic start to this thread! I personally love seeing cars like these on our streets rather than the 'mundane' supercars we see every weekend.
Here are some of my contributions from when I was in Mumbai back in 2014. Please excuse the photo quality, as my phone camera was also clearly from earlier please:

Ariel Atom V8
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-ariel-atom-v8-3.jpg
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-ariel-atom.jpg

Cadillac CTS
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-cadillac-cts-1.jpg
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-cadillac-cts-2.jpg

Ford Expedition. I will always regret crossing the road to get a better pic:Frustrati
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-ford-expedition.jpg

Honda S2000
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-honda-s2000.jpg

Lexus SC430, I believe this car has now been repainted red.
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-lexus-sc430-1.jpg
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-lexus-sc430-3.jpg

Mazda MX-6
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-mazda-mx6.jpg

Mitsubishi Evo 7
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-mitsubishi-evo-7-3.jpg
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-mitsubishi-evo-7-4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeperwagon (Post 4658171)
What a fantastic start to this thread! I personally love seeing cars like these on our streets rather than the 'mundane' supercars we see every weekend.

Mundane would be a wrong word but I get what you mean. It is always a treat to see something different, unexpected!

Quote:

Ford Expedition. I will always regret crossing the road to get a better pic:Frustrati

Should have! Doubt there's any pictures of it elsewhere (haven't searched for it particularly but haven't come across any pictures either)

Quote:

Lexus SC430, I believe this car has now been repainted red.

Indeed it has been painted red. Belongs to a friend and is a rather lovely car, irrespective of the general negative opinion around it.
Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-sc430.jpeg

Quote:

Mitsubishi Evo 7

This one is now in Surat I believe. An absolute monster of a car. Good to see pics of it from when back in the city.

Trust the 'Mericans to make the biggest baddest SUVs around!

Pics by Viren Parikh

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2027.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2017.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2019.jpg

Toyota FJ Cruiser wearing Dubai number plate seen in Vashi, Navi Mumbai some time in 2013.

Quote:

If this pic is from Bandra, I faintly recollect seeing caravans/RVs and big overlanding SUVs on carnet right inside this very property.

GMC Sierra SLE is the newest Carnet import into the city. God bless the rick drivers in the 'burbs clap:

Pics by Clinton Pereira

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-picsart_102403.12.45.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-picsart_102403.13.55.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-picsart_102403.10.32.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-picsart_102403.15.27.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 4680625)
GMC Sierra SLE is the newest Carnet import into the city. God bless the rick drivers in the 'burbs clap:

That's one mad looking truck, wet dream for truck lovers like me ! :D

What is with those protruding pipes though? :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4676548)
If this pic is from Bandra, I faintly recollect seeing caravans/RVs and big overlanding SUVs on carnet right inside this very property.

That looks like Marine Drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4680777)
What is with those protruding pipes though? :eek:

I was wondering the same. Someone might step on those while trying to climb into the back stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 4680833)
That looks like Marine Drive.:

That's Santacruz - Choksi Motors to be more precise. He used to have a few imported caravans behind his bungalow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 4680833)
I was wondering the same. Someone might step on those while trying to climb into the back stupid:

Saw the GMC Sierra today - the exhaust sounds manic. At first I thought it was a HD with freeflow Screaming Eagles. Until it got closer - I realised it was this beast. And yes, it was around auto-rickshaws, And no - he did not drive over them. Pity :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4680858)
That's Santacruz - Choksi Motors to be more precise. He used to have a few imported caravans behind his bungalow.

While Choksey did indeed have a few mini-vans and caravans, apart from the usual dose of imports, this definitely is not the Choksey bungalow, if you are indicating the bungalow near the Santacruz Aeroplane garden. The road there isn't this wide, neither are the bollards like the one in the picture.

And I'm pretty sure this is a pic from Marine Drive.

Quote:

Sleeperwagon, could you please confirm if it is Marine Drive or Santacruz/Bandra?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4680858)
And yes, it was around auto-rickshaws, And no - he did not drive over them. Pity :)

Sad! Must take quite some resilience and self-restraint to not be playing bowling with the ricks, considering how annoying they can get. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 4680897)

And I'm pretty sure this is a pic from Marine Drive.

Sleeperwagon, could you please confirm if it is Marine Drive or Santacruz/Bandra?

Yup, it's Marine Drive only.

I stand corrected RMan and Sleeperwagon - my bad . This indeed is Marine Drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///RMan (Post 4680625)

Saw this on Link Road today at Malad. What a co-incidence, I just missed taking the pic as I was in a hurry and in a Ric but was thinking of missing the opportunity to share the same with T-Bhp folks here. Someone was working for me somewhere :)

Privately imported Camaro SS Convertible out on Marine Drive.

Pics by Viren Parikh

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2934.jpg

Private & Carnet imports in Mumbai-img_2938.jpg