Team-BHP - What does it mean ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   What does it mean ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2133-what-does-mean.html)

Hi All,

While on my to office i saw a merc wid a Badge saying S320 & biy was it gorgeous but then i saw another badge on the right *which was somehing like this "///AMG"

This beauty had the tristar in its Grille.

SO now my question is that is it the same S class which is available in India or is it an imported one ?? Also what kind of tuning AMG does i mean how diff is this one from the regular S320 ??

pls forgive me for my ignorance & enlighten me

It looked something like this (this pic is from net)

Technocrat what you may have see may just be stock S320 with an AMG body kit thats all.

Dippy

U mean to say its just a cosmetic thing

yup techno 99.9% it's just a cosmetic thing, amg tune engines too,but most of the mercs in india have just the amg kits

Hey technocrat, was it a dark gray colored S Class. Was it the one below? Well if its a S320 AMG, its only a kitted S Class. No tuning done. The tuned ones are only the S55 and S65 AMG.

yup
it ha to be with a bodykit
the car need not be imported since amg is now in india and can get work done

@V12 : Man it was a Black S 320

hmm i think u guys r rite coz the only visible diff i cud c were the diff grille & the badge at rear ( i cud not c the wheels)

btw i also saw a merc Limo(some S1000 or sumthing, bluish green in color) a few days back in Pune itself, must be of the poonawala family

The exterior difference between a regular S and an AMG kitted S lies in the front bumper (mostly)

Regular S Class

AMG S Class

Anyways check out more AMG's here :
Pics : Mercedes A Class AMGBlack
Pics : Mercedes CL55 AMG
Mercedes SL55 AMG

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]btw i also saw a merc Limo(some S1000 or sumthing, bluish green in color)

Hey technocrat, was it badged S1000? I guess it cud be a Pullman Merc S Class. Or one of those DC S Class stretch. The Poonawala family definitely has one of the best collection of cars in India.

Man i cud not notice the bumper but the Grille was exactly like the one on the CL55AMG & am not too sure but the head lights resembled to that of the AMG u have posted above ( they did look diff from regular S class head lamp)

Yeah I think it was badged S1000.. anything special abt it

is this a good time to ask if theres any e2000k
my friends were telling me about it and they think my car knowledge has deteriorated ( merc lovers - what to do )
according to them the ml class is just awesome and according to me their mls ride sux big time
u will definately have more fun in a qualis

The headlights are the same on the regular and AMG models. Sorry to confuse you with the 2 pics. The regular S Class also comes with clear lens headlamps.

Anyways i guess Mercedes owners (except Team-BHPian Merc owners) in India are quite a confused lot. Instead of goin for just one kit (eg. AMG/Lorinse/Brabus) they go for a mix-n-match of all. The Brabus SL i saw had Brabus wheels with Lorinser exhausts. It also had some small stickers here and there. Same with an S Class i had seen a few months back. S320 CDI AMG badging at the rear and Brabus wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the ml class is just awesome and according to me their mls ride sux big time

The M class is also one of the most unreliable cars according to the new Top Gear survey

Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also what kind of tuning AMG does i mean how diff is this one from the regular S320 ??

Heres a comparision between the S55 and S500 :

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Yeah I think it was badged S1000.. anything special abt it

I doubt theres any model such as S1000. Maybe its a stretch S500/600 and just bcos the length (mm) has increased the owner decided to increase the model no too *
As the nomenclature goes an S600 has a 6000cc engine. In that case the S1000 would have a 10000cc engine. now Mercedes does not have such a huge engine in its range. not even AMG. So its just a fancy badge. As I had said earlier :
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Mercedes owners (except Team-BHPian Merc owners) in India are quite a confused lot. Instead of goin for just one kit (eg. AMG/Lorinse/Brabus) they go for a mix-n-match of all. The Brabus SL i saw had Brabus wheels with Lorinser exhausts. It also had some small stickers here and there. Same with an S Class i had seen a few months back. S320 CDI AMG badging at the rear and Brabus wheels.

@V12: Thx a ton for the info dude

btw saw that car again today & from the pics above, am sure that it was the regular S320 ( it was a banglore registered car KA-01)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
I doubt theres any model such as S1000. Maybe its a stretch S500/600 and just bcos the length (mm) has increased the owner decided to increase the model no too *

Lol yeah that cud be the case