Team-BHP - So long Maybach, Hello S600
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   So long Maybach, Hello S600 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/21337-so-long-maybach-hello-s600-4.html)

I can go over some of the options:-
1) Exclusive Passion Leather
2) Luxury Head Rests for Front & Rear
3) Night Vision
4) Active head Lights
5) Massaging Seats Front & Rear
6) Indivijual Rear Seats
7) Memory Seats for Front & Rear
8) AMG Bodykit with AMG Wheels
9) Refrigerator
10) Rear Seat Entertainment Package
11) Logic 7
12) Electric Rear Blinds & Rear Side Windows
13) Panaromic Sunroof
14) Keyless Go
15) Automatic Rear Boot Closer
16) iPod Cradle
17) GSM Telephone
18) Rear Bluetooth Cordless Phone
19) Rear Tables
These are the options that I know of. There are alot more others as well.

guys the s350l costs 95lacs on road, so i could believe the price for the s500 could be possible. mind you the s350l has standard factory fittings

Ok lets not argue on the price of the car, its simple mathematics, anyone who tries to argue with pure numbers or tell you any different is just boring you or taking you for a trip.

Our S350L which is the indian version comes to around 80L which is med to high loaded and not fully loaded but the difference is, the duty charged on these cars is somewhere between 66-70% as compared to 104-112% duty.

Now lets understand one simple thing about the price of cars in Europe and US. The numerical value is easily calculated as a multiple of (1.1-1.15 times) Euro numeric value to get to USD value.

Now in US the S600L with designo package which comes with everything on it is about 155K USD which based on the numeric value conversion comes to around 135-140k Euro. Now simple take these 2 figure multiply with our to contradicting duty values we get 135*12.04 to 140*2.12 so 275-300K euro including delivery and handling. Now take this value add road tax and insurance(8-12%) you will come to a figure of about 300K - 330K euro on road in india.

Now with a simple tool called google you can convert this to the latest INR value hence we come to the price on road as 1.73 CR - 1.9 CR (TADA!!)

there you go, what was the point going "this one said this and my friend said this and the dealer said this"

Its plain mathematics's.

And now a food for though Bentley CGT is about 1.75-1.8 CR on road in delhi now it costs more in euros than S600, so how o how come one claim a price tag higher than that. Given a dealer could try and screw over an uniformed buyer but this is the general funda, you cant go wrong with this, if anything you can get it cheaper than my calculations..

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 373987)
Read in Mumbai Midday that Mukesh Ambani sent the Maybach to the UK due to the lousy roads and bought a merc S600

More here

Amitabh's cars -->
- Mercedes S Class, - Lexus, - Rolls Royce -& Maruti Versa
The last one in the list seems so odd.

1Day the prices I have written down are not by some dealor BUT by Mercedes Benz India. Sanghi only made 25,000 on this car. And yes MB India does make a profit on these cars no denying that. Also if you know that Bentley are sold by 1 Dealor in India. If you start adding Octroi and Reg in Mumbai the Continental GT costs no less than 2.3 Cr which is quoted by Exclusive Motors in Mumbai. That way I can say that Phantoms are sold for 3.5 Cr but whereas a Maybach for 5 Cr in India. In the US the Phantom is for 352,000 and the Maybach 62 for 383,000 USD. So does 31,000 USD result in 1.5 Cr in Mumbai? Some manufacturers sell their car above the normal prices sold abroad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbaiya (Post 375206)
If I remember correctly his base car was worth some 67,000 Euros and the options was worth 45,000 Euros. He wanted a S500 only but when he specced that it came to a Grand Total of 1.72 On Road Mumbai. So he went for the S350 as it was comin for 1.56
My Friend is not like a poser who wants a S for the show of it. He wanted it for his comfort. An S without Options is like buying a C Class with more show and that is all. What is the use of the car without Night Vision or Massaging Seats? He would have rather bought the W220 S and that is all. All those options combined the car is the most comfortable in the world. The car is even more comfortable than the Phantom or the Bentley. I would suggest you'll get a quote from Mercedes Benz India for a CBU S Class with INR Pricing.

Pls don't under-estimate the S-class..even an base S wont be a C-class or E-class..S is always in a class of its own thats un-comparable with the others..that U'll ustand atlest once U make a drive in it..

Quote:

Distronic Plus is not allowed in India,keyless go is standard,yes maybe Panoramic roof is optional but it dosent cost 1 Cr Rs.and when ur saying that it is optional that means ur talking of the base price which will be even lower.So base price+optional extras=fully loaded=160K in the US.
Its not that Distronic is not allowed..its difficult to use in a country like India were padastriens use road as foot-path..And for a CBU car its not necessary to look up whether the gizmo ar allowed or not..

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2007/february/151748.htm
The S600 has an engine capacity of 517 horse power.

No one notice? :lol:

This banging about of figures & heads seems like it's gone on long enough. You gentlemen should now simply agree to disagree.

This is simply getting boring, & it looks like there's no final solution to this.

Exactly..elf is right..this thread is going on a different way..so fellow bhpians..try to get some fotos of the S600 which is a very rare species..;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 375832)
Its not that Distronic is not allowed..its difficult to use in a country like India were padastriens use road as foot-path..And for a CBU car its not necessary to look up whether the gizmo ar allowed or not..

It is banned in India because it uses the 2.4GHZ frequency for operation which is reserved for Police and Army use in India,there was a similar problem in Australia and distronic plus is not designed to detect people or animals.

If it is imported through Mercedes Benz India then they have to follow all the Indian requirments whether the car is checked or not otherwise Mercedes Benz India is voilating the rules,if imported individually then it may not matter.