Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2004, 02:31   #16
BHPian

I agree with GTO, Punjab tops the list for the max MB's ,was reading of of those investment mags,it was a topic on Tax invaders wherein they mentioned that so many rich farmers having acres of land don't pay taxes and all definitely have a MB...they regard it as a prestige issue..
Old 29th December 2004, 09:17   #17
BHPian

Hey, I had posted some messages before the renovation of Team-Bhp.. Those are missing.. I had found some net findings in which it said 2002 delhi sold most mercs.. But all the findings were about what was sold from their showroom.. No findings as to how many on the road.. If anybody finds the exact figures(I know its kinda impossible) do post em in.. Here in cochin I guess many import it aswell, so the exact figures are not known..
cheers.
Old 29th December 2004, 10:33   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The only messages that have been lost are the ones between the 26th and 30th of November, 2004.

Our apologies

GTO
Old 29th December 2004, 12:02   #19
BHPian

Oh,
I guess i posted em that time its ok.....
cheers.
Old 27th February 2005, 19:24   #20
BHPian

Most of Kerala's tycoons have more that one Mercs in their possession.It's different in other parts of the country.The official Mercedes sales figure may point to some northern city like Chandigarh or Mumbai,but the star really shines in Kerala.There are hundreds of grey market Mercs here,ones that came even before DCIL set up shop in India.There are many cars here which are registered outside the state,to save on taxes and stuff.Being such a small state the number of german metal is just mind boggling!
Old 27th February 2005, 22:43   #21
Team-BHP Support

And most of them are white!!! Cochin dealer was telling me that Kerala has a strong liking for white Merc.
Old 28th February 2005, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
And most of them are white!!! Cochin dealer was telling me that Kerala has a strong liking for white Merc.

Thats bcz of a notion in kerala that white makes anything look grand and huge ;-)
Old 28th February 2005, 14:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Last I read, Chandigarh was the number 1 in sales for Mercedes Benz India.

GTO
it has to be punjab state .. ludhiana and chandigarh have the highest merc ownership ...
Old 28th February 2005, 15:25   #24
BANNED

has to be in Chandigarh
Old 28th February 2005, 15:29   #25
BHPian

Not sure!!
But get to see loads of them.. The only sad part is u never get to see the SL55, SLK, etc..

_God would u buy me a Mercedes Benz_
Old 28th February 2005, 19:39   #26
BHPian

This is an excerept from the Economic Times dated 15th Feb According to the estimates,the industrial city of Ludhiana alone account for 25% of all premium Pajeros,each 35 Lacks,sold in the countryThe situation is similar in case of Mercedes Benz the 600 Mercs that's close to 15% of all Mercedes sold in the country in the last decade
Old 1st March 2005, 09:33   #27
BHPian

Ya even i'v heard about ludhiana and chandigarh having a large number of mercs.. But I suspect, all those figures are based to the cars sold from the showrooms here and here in Cochin, I think like coloneljasi said here they get it from out of state or even import it from abroad..
So i guess to get the numbers as to how many on road is kind of tough.. All figures on the net are based on number of cars sold(from showrooms in India).. And there Cochin had the least figures among most of the states..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks