Team-BHP - Info/Help Needed in importing a Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Info/Help Needed in importing a Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/21518-info-help-needed-importing-car.html)

:confused: Hey Guys,

One of my friends stays in Muscat(Oman) and is returning to India/bangalore, he owns a Ford Mustang and wants to get it here, I need some help/info on

1.how this can be done?(Process,customs etc etc)
2.What are all the Costs involved and how are they calculated,
3.Is there any backdoor way to get it?
4.An approximate cost involved and is it worth it?
Anybody in the forum who can help me out with this project?please:

man i have already tried that i own a yellow mustang gt bought like 4 months ago in saudi arabia - dad and i had already talked with the authorities regardind importing the car it will cost me 110% more on the car price tag plus handling cost and also we will like have to wait 2 to 3 months to get it cleared from customs here in india - sick i knw

i will post my car pics here soon post your to i have had my hood body kit and scissor doors done i have sparco seats and had striping done recently:I Rule:
MUSTANG RULEZ

is that possible seeing that mustangs are lhd drive cars and india doesn't allow lhd cars.

I think in TR(Transfer of Residence) cases, LHDs are allowed. Whatever car the owner was using during his stay abroad can be brought back I think. Thats how it used to be in India. Also most of the Hummer H2s and H3s in India are LHD.

U should have owned the car abroad for atleast 6 months.
U shud be transfering residence for real and of course,the car has to be RHD.
Im sure u can convert the Mustang to RHD in the middle east.
After bringing it down to India, u shudnt sell the car for atleast 2 years.

[quote=xinome;377836]man i have already tried that i own a yellow mustang gt bought like 4 months ago in saudi arabia - dad and i had already talked with the authorities regardind importing the car it will cost me 110% more on the car price tag plus handling cost and also we will like have to wait 2 to 3 months to get it cleared from customs here in india - sick i knw

Ohhh! never thought it was so complicated,110% on what? he did not buy it new, will it be 110% of the price at which he bought? its a 1995 model so will it be the price when he bought or the cost price of the car in 1995?

Can you throw some more light on this pleaseplease:?
also how much did the whole project cost you approx ??SOme help on this from your side would be nice

and is there any back door entry:confused: ??

Hi dude! Make sure its RHD! No way unless u r the prime minister or know him personally or are a consulate member can u import a LHD!

1) its recom to import a brand new car rather than a second hand one.

In your situation the car is a 2nd hand one and will come through the TR route not the direct route. Your friend will need the transfer or residence papers and TR book etc.

The value of depriciation will be as per customs here in india no matter wht price u say u have purchased it at, even if u got it free doesnt count.

2) Minimum Duty is 105% + non homologation % no clue on tht
3) Handling, Freight & Insurance on transportation
4) Then the insurance (4%) registration (12%) etc. The registration is more than the usual cause a mustang is a non homologated vehicle.
5) Clearing charges for the clearing agent
6) 10-20000 of petty expenses

In short not worth it! if u have the money lying around go ahead.

sorry dude its 120% tax now and yes we have to get it RHD which will tear yur pocket a bit ( dont knw precise on that )

mannn thats one hell of a procedure,
@xinome can you let me know the approx cost? can you/ANYONE help me out with this project. I d like to know how much you spent in the transition also what model is your car?

Any help from T-Bhpians would be greatly appreciated

listen if you have cash its possible,the only problem is getting it out of customs and making phone calls frequently to check if u can get yur car out.

i have a 2005 mustang gt yellow with black painted stripes
i am not getting the car here coz i can buy another mustang with the money i spent on it.

i would rather buy a BMW - Lets hw well your mustang does in India - did u think of servicing in india. wont that be an issue

You cannot Import LHD period under TR. Only embassies are allowed.
Topic Closed

hi guys,

i just saw on Zee news, that showed bhajji rest driving a LHD H2 in colombo, Sri Lanka.

the news presenter further said that since india doesnt manufacture LHD vehicles, he is thinking from importing from SL!!

funny news, isnt it?

i thought LHDs are not allowed to be imported into india, they not banned!

is this true?

cheers:

TBHP Support: Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Was wondering how does one go about importing.

Is it a simple process or fairly complicated. I dont know if JDM Hondas and Toyotas come with sliding doors in their Minivan like in the US, but if they do I guess then it must be easy to get one right?

Does anyone know of any models like how we get in the US for import into india(with sliding doors etc)

My family needs a people hauler and minivans are better at that than an SUV.

There are a few Jap market Toyota Alphard's available here, including one with a dealer in Delhi. You could have a look at them.

Wow just checked an Ad out on google for one available in india, a bit pricy for a minivan, 94L, thats above an S Class...

The wierd thing is, a minivan is in 30 large range in the US, meaing about 30L in india, so 94L seems awefully high..