Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 15:45   #31
BHPian

Re: Advice on buying my 1st Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
But we need to know what your daily driver is
His daily driver is a Mercedes-AMG C 43 as confirmed in his first response on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blore_boy View Post
Whoa, you did your research about me. lol!
Currently I drive the C43 AMG sedan. Never got around to uploading pics, sorry.

Wanna pick up something more powerful, and I'm trying to narrow the list.
Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 17:50   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice dilemma to be in for sure.

Let me put things to you from the perspective of driving a super car on Indian roads. While the Porsche 911 tops the list, from the Lamborghinis, I would choose a pre owned Huracan over a Gallardo always. I have driven both in bumper to bumper traffic and the Huracan feels more like a normal car and very friendly to use. Yes the Gallardo does feel more hardcore with those jerks in your spine every time you change gears, but the dual clutch gearbox of the Huracan is leagues ahead of the E-gear of the Gallardo.
From all accounts I've heard aswell, the Gallardo does seem to have the crappier clutch/gear.
I'll keep my eyes open for any good Ferraris, and look into their servicing situation.
Thanks for the insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Not able to PM you. Have sent an email with the details of the car.
Bro I looked at the pics and yikes! That car is wrecked! Still, thank you for the info.
Old 16th December 2019, 21:56   #33
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Experts have already posted a lot of info about your choice. Did you consider Nissan GT-R in the list ?
Old 18th December 2019, 07:00   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
His daily driver is a Mercedes-AMG C 43 as confirmed in his first response on this thread.
If it is not planned to use the new car as a daily drive, one has to invest in a car that won't depreciate to be safe. A collector's model is preferable.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 18th December 2019 at 07:01.
Old 29th December 2019, 21:21   #35
BHPian

Honestly, the r8 should be the one to consider. Reliable v8/v10 engine options. Not too expensive if bought 2nd hand. Annual service is not very expensive for supercar standards. Also, it's known for the reliability so you're covered from that angle.
Old 1st January 2020, 21:02   #36
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
If I do opt for a Hurracan, then it'll definitely be a pre-owned. I also have my eyes set on the Gallardo as that would give me the cheapest way to a supercar and based on this experience I can buy something else in the future.

Ferrari I would not opt for, as there is no service center here in Namma Bengaluru. As is, the service for super cars in India is a bit dicey, but opting for a car with no svc here is a no no.

My list contains Hurracan, Gallardo, 911 Turbo, R8 Performante and AMG GTS.

sorry for the long post
Hey there!

Even I use to think that supercars could never be driven around Indian roads but was pleasantly surprised when my friend upgraded from a F-Type V8S to a 2014 Gallardo LP560-4. We have been driving it around non stop since it was purchased 3 weeks back. We have done about 3000 kms including Cochin-Kodai-Cochin, Cochin-Pondicherry-Chennai-Cochin and numerous blasts around Kerala itself. This is the version with the nose lift and oh boy that nose lift deserves a freaking award! It negates all the fear about scraping on humps. Id say if one is an enthusiast, then these things can be driven with relative ease even in India. So don't just dismiss it due to the fear of GC until you've tested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebo View Post

There was a nice last edition white Gallardo for sale at Harman motors, Kochi. Not sure if the Gallardo's had the nose lift feature here, that is one feature a must for supercars in our conditions.
We picked that up and yes, its got the nose lift which is a godsend! Done about 3k kms already

A pic from our recent trip. Me on my Speed and my buddies on their respective rides.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on buying my 1st Lamborghini-fullsizerender.jpg  

RMN is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 10:59   #37
BANNED

I'm a Lamborghini driver through and through. I've driven everything they have except the URUS, SVJ, DIABLO. I lost my Lambo virginity for the most part. On track, on road.

Depends on your life priorities and you as a person.

When I was in the Aventador I felt like a celebrity. The ego boost from people stalking cannot be provided by any other car PERIOD. The Aventador made me feel like god on wheels. The response from passerbys was such. I've driven everything except the Veyron and the Jaguars, everything means EVERYTHING. NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO A LAMBO.

What is your priority. That's the question.

Regardless of what anyone says don't believe the cons. Anyone who's driven an Aventador knows why a Lambo is a Lambo. If popularity and eyes validate you and feed your ego, there is simply no other brand to go with.

Plus, every other guy on the road trying to profile a pose looks like a joker.

I remember that feel when I was in the Aventador S and some cutie pie pulled up in an M4 with "MACH 4 " inscribed on his personalized plate. I was like awwwww how cute.

I had a guy in an M3 chase me in the Aventador S. I let the V12 clear its throat and I just disappeared LOL.

Whatever you do, don't touch the first gen Aventador regardless of prices. It's probably the worst Lambo the company produced. You can fill a textbook with its problems. I'm astounded that even passed QA and the drawing board. When I had gen 1 Aventador Spyder with me I used to stop every 1 hour and open the rear hood and let it cool down. That is literally the HOTTEST car on earth you will ever drive. It goes bonkers on the overheating issue.

Money no amount an issue
SVJ

Within budget but want to be king of the road
Aventador, but not S

Optimum budget but nothing as ridiculous as the Aventador
Huracan Performante

Basic Lambo, low odo, fair pricing, model no concern
Used Huracan

For the record, the Aventador is a very heavy car. Ask anyone who's driven one and they'll tell you the same. I was ostracized on this forum once for saying that. Funnily enough, a guy who actually works with Lambos for a living agreed with me on the same. You have to drive the Huracan and Aventador both to understand. It's difficult to understand the greatness of the Huracan until you drive competing vehicles or the Aventador.

Lambo just outdid themselves with the Huracan. I love it more than the Aventadors. It's better in just about every sense. I suggest you get to Dubai, rent all the models and then decide.

I love the Aventadors for their looks, but the rational adult in me appreciates the Huracan much more. It's probably the best supercar I've driven and I've driven them all on track off track.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 4th January 2020 at 11:16.
D33-PAC is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 16:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
A pic from our recent trip. Me on my Speed and my buddies on their respective rides.
OT - Isn't that Ranjith from TVM on SpeedT? The place look way too superb, too hard to believe its India. Where is this place?
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I'm a Lamborghini driver through and through. I've driven everything they have except the URUS, SVJ, DIABLO.
====
I love the Aventadors for their looks, but the rational adult in me appreciates the Huracan much more. It's probably the best supercar I've driven and I've driven them all on track off track.
Hey, thanks for the input.
The Aventador is not even there on my radar, I'm leaning towards the Huracan.
For now, I'm waiting for the latest 911 Turbo to be released before I narrow the list.
blore_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:09   #40
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The place look way too superb, too hard to believe its India. Where is this place?
This looks like The Carlton, Kodaikanal.

Nice click.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 03:23   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the input.
The Aventador is not even there on my radar, I'm leaning towards the Huracan.
For now, I'm waiting for the latest 911 Turbo to be released before I narrow the list.

One thing I will tell you to do is do a sharp test drive of both cars in a corner. The steering feels probably the most accurate in a 911. In a Huracan it feels less precise. If you are a hardcore driving enthusiast this angle may matter.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th January 2020 at 07:01. Reason: you wrote "driver driver" made no sense so removed
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 23:57   #42
RMN
BHPian

@OP,

Really interested in hearing about your updates/decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This looks like The Carlton, Kodaikanal.

Nice click.
That's correct! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
OT - Isn't that Ranjith from TVM on SpeedT? The place look way too superb, too hard to believe its India. Where is this place?
Ranjith from Cochin, yes!..which is me! Hi Aargee, long time no see mate
As M mentioned, that is The Carlton, Kodaikanal. Indeed a beautiful place.
RMN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks