Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 23:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

Disco - AFAIK that white interior is from the Maybach Laundelette concept rather then from a production Maybach.
Old 8th October 2008, 19:32   #92
BHPian

Only four Maybach's in the country? That is a shame.
Old 9th October 2008, 04:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Maybach cost a bomb in india. in UK you can get a top model (62) for about £350,000, where as in india i think the price doubles. the car just looks like Merc S class XXL
Old 9th October 2008, 08:28   #94
BANNED

Quote:
I don't think so.

It's a very exclusive Sedan, a bit outdated now and very very big. Not suitable to many rich people's tastes. It's very much logical to have just 4-5 of them in our country.
Old 9th October 2008, 12:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
That's not a shame....it shows how smart we Indians actually are.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:56   #96
BHPian

That would be an insult to M Ambani! Is it true that he returned his 62 back,and got a new s600?
Old 9th October 2008, 22:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom_ariel View Post
That would be an insult to M Ambani! Is it true that he returned his 62 back,and got a new s600?
Why would it be an insult to Mr.M.Ambani???

He sent the car to his UK house (not returned to the company) and got himself the s600. The reason stated by him when my uncle had asked was that is was not practical (too big) for Bombay roads.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:29   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The reason stated by him when my uncle had asked was that is was not practical (too big) for Bombay roads.
I don't buy that! His Maybach was used primarily within South Mumbai and at non-peak hours. Could the fact that he had imported it himself have something to do with it? Maybe it wasn't running optimally or had part sourcing issues?
Old 10th October 2008, 13:56   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maybe it wasn't running optimally or had part sourcing issues?
Can an Ambani ever have trouble sourcing parts? Im sure it was running just fine too. I had a chance to run around in a long wheel base Phantom last week, and its sheer size means travelling time doubles wherever you go.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:17   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't buy that! His Maybach was used primarily within South Mumbai and at non-peak hours. Could the fact that he had imported it himself have something to do with it? Maybe it wasn't running optimally or had part sourcing issues?
Word going around was that it was not practical. Probably was used to visit the relaince communication campus. Now that it is not under his domain, why have the car!

Maybach have a one button call to a relationship manager who will ensure the needful

May be the DRI scam might have possibly included this?
Old 10th October 2008, 19:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybach sold around 150 Myabachs worldwide last year.
Old 10th October 2008, 22:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Mr.Ambani bought the car from UK & imported to India, hence he won't get the service of the individual care manager for each cars (which is one of the most important attraction of the car) as the import was not done by the company. In case of Maybach, one'll get the relationship manager's service only if the car is imported by the company.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
So much Maybach hate. Yes, RR is an amazing car, and falls into the same luxury category as the Maybach.

Like some members have all ready stated, both have their advantages.

Biggest advantage for RR being it's stunning looks, and the brand name of not just RR but also 'Phantom' (cars which were made before some of us were even born).

Maybach has its own advantages. Majorly, the luxury of the rear seat (the most important thing imho for picking a car of this size). They really take it to another level and I don't think RR is at par.

I personally am a huge 62 fanboy.

Comparison pictures of both interiors.
I think those pictures make it pretty clear which the classier of the two cars is (at least THOSE two cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Mr.Ambani bought the car from UK & imported to India, hence he won't get the service of the individual care manager for each cars (which is one of the most important attraction of the car) as the import was not done by the company. In case of Maybach, one'll get the relationship manager's service only if the car is imported by the company.
Since when does anyone in the Ambanis' league give a damn about an individual Maybach concierge? They've got hundreds of dedicated staff tending to their every need.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Since when does anyone in the Ambanis' league give a damn about an individual Maybach concierge? They've got hundreds of dedicated staff tending to their every need.
but wouldn't substitute the company individual service
Old 11th October 2008, 01:03   #105
Senior - BHPian

Guys the car was running just fine and did not have any mechanical trouble at all. There was also no DRI fear. I think the car could have been sent back due to the split a silly theory i know, but at that point even the younger brother was driven around in an accord.
I had spoken to the driver and even sat in the car during my sisters engagement and he told me the car runs like a dream and the only trouble they have is taking U turns, Parking, manuvering in traffic and the attention it draws.

Hunmust like KBK_75 mentioned The Ambani's do not need the individual Maybach concierge, they have a dedicated team to deal with all this. I am sure the car was bought from the company in UK so the concierge is applicable to them anywhere in the world, not only in UK. this is followed by Vertu so i am working on this theory, i might be wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks