Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2020, 01:15   #31
BHPian

Re: If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?

Excellent thread!

Super car + Daily drive, has to be a Toyota Supra for me. Wonder when will Toyota bring this beauty here.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-sup_my20_0107_v001.jpeg  

karan0009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 03:08   #32
BHPian

Great thread! Here are my choices:

Porsche 911 GT3RS 4.0 - Does it really need an explanation? Perhaps the most potent engine, chassis and drivability combination put out by the German manufacturer in the last decade. And it look so good. I would have one in PTS Brewster Green, with Silver wheels, PCCBs & a dark brown interior.

Considering the car above is out of production and probably doesn’t exist in the mentioned specification, I have a backup too.

Ferrari 812 Superfast with a Novitec N-Largo aftermarket treatment - Loud. Brash. Wide. Low. Everything that you do NOT need in a daily driver. This car would be a solid ‘F you’ to everyone on the street, just for the heck of it. Combine that with how close Novitec are to an OEM manufacturer but offer aftermarket looks and performance, it would be my choice.

This car would be a shade of pearlescent grey with a tinge of purple hues mixed into the paint, giving it a chameleon effect. Dark blue wheels with silver Center caps, silver wheel lip & silver calipers will complete the look. On the inside, dark blue leather & alcantara with grey piping and lots of matte carbonfibre in matching blue.
Taronish_E is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 10:34   #33
BHPian

Oh nice, a thread to induce day dreaming.

Well, finding a practical Super car is like finding an impractical SUV. There aren't many. But hypothetically, if I had to daily drive one (and if I had the greens ), I'd be picking up the Porsche Panamera. Oh yeah, the 4 door Sports car from Porsche.
It has 4 seats and to complement that, a practical boot. Although the car was frowned upon in the looks department by many, it's still subjective and I like it. All in all a great practical Sports car.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-images-7.jpeg

The second preference would be, something that can go toe to toe with a sports car, the BMW M3. Cracking performance, practical Sedan layout with proper 4 seats which can be easily used to ferry around in the city, and if you happen to take your city runabout car to the tracks, it'll surely teach a thing or two to many Sports, or even Supercars. And doing all that whilst ensuring that the fun-o-meter never runs dry on you.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-images-6.jpeg
Old 17th April 2020, 11:02   #34
BHPian

While nothing would really come close to the Porsche 911 Turbo. This is what I would go for, if at all I come close to buying one

Lexus LC 500
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-1image.jpg

Absolute Looker, Practical, & Different than any car on the list. Heck, they even offer a hybrid version!

Not for the 0-60 lovers, but would please those who'd want luxury, keep the car for long time and have it as a daily driver's car. Lexus service is another positive.

I'm sure that it'd be very rare sight on our roads.
viren83 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 11:34   #35
BHPian

Since this is a hypothetical question, I would prefer to be a bit crazy rather than being practical (dreams are never meant to be practical right, real-life is real enough)

My choice would be the absolutely crazy Koenigsegg CCXR

I mean this car was so hard to drive that even the mighty Stig on Top Gear crashed it. Still the unbridled power, those amazing wing doors, the sheer madness in acceleration and handling (or lack of it)

Just a few specs from the official website
Power output: 1018 Bhp at 7000 rpm (E85 or E100 fuel)
Maximum torque: 1060 Nm (740 ft/lb) at 5600 rpm (E85 or E100 fuel)
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.1 seconds
0-200 km/h 8.9 sec
Top Speed: 400+ km/h (250+ mph) (estimated)
Lateral G-force: 1.45 G
Weight-to-power ratio: 1.26 kg/hp
Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear

I know driving this monster daily will need a lot of commitment/patience and it will demand a lot from the driver/owner, but if ever you get to a traffic light on a good road and get the first row ... what will happen when the lights turn green need not be said
Old 17th April 2020, 12:11   #36
BHPian

Something old and beautiful yet modern, the Porsche 911 by Singer Vehicle Design. Just love what they have done by retaining the 964s beautiful body using lighter materials and modern mechanicals and the 3.8L flat-six producing over 350 horses.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-8916e362singerdlsstudio08.jpg
Torino is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 12:17   #37
BHPian

I thought this thread was about supercars? why are people bringing in sports cars, sports sedans and tuned Golfs?.

I understand that Indian roads need more practical options but i think the term "supercar" has been used wrongly in the Indian car scene, Mustangs, Boxters, STIs, 370z, Golfs, M2, TT, Z4 etc are not supercars by any stretch of the imagination.

If i had to choose out of the current supercars it would be the 812 superfast or the R8 or Huracan because of they are the last of the few naturally aspirated supercars. I would also choose the Porsche 911 GT3 manual (although the GT3 also rides the fine line between supercar and sports car)

My all time favorite supercars are the Carrera GT, the OG Honda NSX, Murcielago SV with the gated manual and the Lexus LFA .

lets face it most of these can be daily driven if you know the roads.
But in India the places you can go with a proper supercars is extremely limited.

Revmatch99 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:06   #38
BHPian

My choice is the Porsche 911R. For me, a true sports car means Porsche. Some time back they decided to make a Porsche for the Purist. The result was the 911R. It has since been discontinued.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-911r20160407.jpg

It used the same engine as the 911 GT3 RS. The 4.0ltr flat-six, with 400 HP on tap. It was offered with a 6-speed manual. The interior was stripped bare (no audio, nav system, not even door handles) to keep the weight down. It used the same grippy suspension as the GT3. Auto journos raved about it calling it "Purest Porsche" ever made.

For me, a supercar is not about Instagram images & Youtuber drives. It has to be visceral & a machine that demands respect if you want to get the best out of it. For me, the Porsche 911R ticks all those boxes.

They discontinued the 911R, I believe in 2018. The value of these cars has shot up since, as they are keenly desired by Porsche enthusiasts.
laser2707 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:16   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

This one, I do not want the original - Replica would be perfect.

A Pre-war 2 Seater Bugatti.

I`ll settle for one of those Padminis used in Himalaya rallys before I was born as well in a pinch, 2 seats, roll cage, rally lights. Have seen a few rally prepped ones in Coimbatore around 04 - 05.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:17   #40
BHPian

As wild as imagination can be! I would prefer a retro supercar as my daily driver. What a sight it would be to take a shiny American muscle car to my office hustling the traffic and seeing that parked in my office basement Even better if parked next to my Director's S-Class.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-1967_chevrolet_camaro_1562361880e8dec47ad07camarolead1940x627.jpg

or 1966 Shelby GT350.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-gt3501533928653.jpg

Last edited by Tuisha110HP : 17th April 2020 at 15:31. Reason: typo
Tuisha110HP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 17:59   #41
BHPian

My choice would be the Ferrari GTC4Lusso. A very practical Ferrari, enough said. A perfect Ferrari for daily drives, should not face any issues on most roads I frequent.
Attached Images

jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 18:05   #42
BHPian

My vote goes to the Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody.

It is super comfortable, can seat 4 people in reasonable comfort, can handle potholes and speed bumps, easy to drive if not pushing it, and can unsettle a lot of supercars if driven hard.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-1.jpg

For the weekend category, I would take a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. There is just something so raw and so real about it, can't quite put it into words.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-2.jpg
ts1506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 18:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Tough to decide between a yellow color Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster OR a red color Lamborghini Huracan.
I would just alternate between these!!
Old 17th April 2020, 18:23   #44
BHPian

If i have to pick one, it would be Huracan Performante.
- Raw performance
- DCT gearbox
- V10 engine
- Dynamics
- Exhaust
- Looks
- Size
- Finally, its a lambo.

Still remember the adrenaline while pushing this Huracan in Detroit's M1 Concourse couple of year back.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-track.jpg

Last edited by vj123 : 17th April 2020 at 18:29. Reason: Typo
vj123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 19:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

I am a petrolhead. But for a change my daily driver will be a Tesla Model Y Performance (21’’ Uberturbine Wheels)

I drive 95% within City limits only and my daily round trip is approx. 40 KMs.

Instant torque
0 - 100 : 3.5 Sec
Range : 450 Kms
Top Speed : 250 Km/h
No gears to shift
Can charge overnight like a mobile phone.
Better ground clearance

Hope Tesla will launch at least Model 3 and Model Y in India soon.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-model-y.png

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 17th April 2020 at 19:21.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks