Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2020, 21:01   #46
BHPian

Re: If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?

My pick: Lamborghini Urus

Reasons, well being an SUV guy myself, I prefer something which is big and can do insane speed if required. Also, for our Indian roads, I'd choose this any day.

Few facts about this Lambo beast:
Urus, comes under a whole new car segment of Supersport Utility Vehicles (SSUV)

Max Speed: 305 kmph
0-100 kmph (0-62 mph): 3.6 seconds
0-200 kmph (0-124 mph): 12.8 seconds

Six different driving modes to test in city, highway, or off-road. (Fighter jet type)
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-lamborghiniurus1770x433.jpg  

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-drivingmodesoflamborghiniurus.jpg  

NitinDev is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 21:33   #47
BHPian

My choice given that I am willing to bear with its limitations on Indian roads would be:

Ferrari 488 GTB: this car looks stunning; I loved the looks of the 458 Italia and assumed its replacement cannot top it in the looks department, boy was I wrong! The 488 GTB is simply gorgeous in red.

Mercedes AMG GT R: Initially I was not too obsessed with this car but after seeing its name pop up several times and having heard Lewis Hamilton was part of its development only increased my love for this green beast. With excellent handling, good practicality (for a supercar) and Mercedes reliability, it is a green beast that I'd like to see parked outside my house.
fastturtle10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 03:20   #48
BHPian

While daily driving a supercar in India may seem like an overkill due to our bad roads and how uncomfortable supercars can get for anything but short runs/circuit runs.

I would choose a car which is comfortable, has something within it to pass over speed bumps/potholes with comparable ease, and would be luxurious enough to pamper me from the harsh external world when daily driving. I would pick the McLaren GT, which is actually made to be a daily driver supercar.

It has the heart of the 720S but the comfort of something much more luxurious to get through those harsh daily drives. Plus, in addition to the slightly higher ground clearance, you can always lift it up a bit more to clear the speed bumps. Practical enough for the city, great for the weekend highway runs and lethal on the track as well. Also, McLaren notes that the GT delivers a range of roughly 400 miles. (May not be valid in the real world, but at least sounds satisfying to the ears)
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-images-3.jpg  

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-6280291024x768.jpg  

Last edited by Starfire : 18th April 2020 at 03:28.
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 09:59   #49
BANNED

The ony ultimate vehicle I would be driving is the UNIMOG U5023.

The chassis prices start from 1,40,000 Euros. This can be classified as agri equipment and can be imported at a low(10%?) custom duty. It is significantly lower in maintenance and has higher durability with unparalelled safety. This is a steal compared to all the other cars mentioned here(including the VW).

The trademark criteria of supercars in being impractical is satisfied in traffic and parking.

I might throw a Triumph Rocket 3 in the back to satiate the thirst for speed whenever I come across roads in our Nation.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-images-14.jpeg  

Last edited by COMMUTER : 18th April 2020 at 10:19.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 10:54   #50
BHPian

Great thread!. I do not have just one but three cars.

My dream supercar which I will drive to work and use on a daily sort of basis will be the
Porsche 911 Turbo S, for its timeless design and needless to say performance and reliability. It has to be in a silver colour.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-porsche-911-turbo-s.jpg
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-porscheturbosgearpatrolfulllead.jpg

The one I will take for my evening outings and functions will be the
Aston Martin DB11, in either the metallic brown or a dark metallic blue colour.
This car just oozes class.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-astonmartindb11amrsignatureedition1527693260.jpg
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-aston-martin-db11.jpg

For the weekends and for a bit of bad boy fun I will want the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. The proper mean American Muscle car. This I will want in the red and black or the Silver and black combo.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500.jpg

Now to continue praying for the dream to come true.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 10:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

No supercar matches and aces the daily driveability criteria as much as the Porsche 911 (any variant which matches the taste of the driver). Even its stable mates, the Cayman and Boxster, would be good picks, especially the Cayman GT4. Perfect and timeless design, size, power figures, sublime handling and ravishing cockpit. Pretty much all ingredients for a daily driver is present in this car, for sure.

Would prefer mine to be in race blue, please !
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 13:58   #52
BHPian

My dream Supercar gararge would have three cars..

1) Ferrari 488 GTB (Clour Rosso Corsa)

2) Aston Martin DB 11 ( Colour Arden Green)

3) Mercedez Benz AMG-GT (Colur Green Hell Magno)

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-ferrari-488-gtb.jpg  

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-2057302011.jpg  

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-benz-amg.jpg  

Aafaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 15:26   #53

If I was to buy a supercar it would have to last for eternity and have an experience that would be raw and unadulterated. My pick would be the Noble M600.
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-2017noblem600carbonsportv11080.jpg

I wonder how many supercars have the luxury of a manual lever to actuate the handbrake.
rideaholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 15:46   #54

For me, it would have to be the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera, the silky smooth V12 would be awesome in city traffic.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-2019astonmartindbssuperleggera.jpg
r_nema is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 17:43   #55
BHPian

An interesting watch. Almost all the mentioned cars by the members are included.

hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 20:38   #56
BHPian

For me, I would love to own the Audi R8 V10 plus as a daily driver. I honestly feel it would be able to do the rounds on our Indian Roads. This would be my practical choice and in the same colour as the image below.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-maxresdefault.jpg

But if I have to go all out, my choice would be the 918 Spyder. The car is a total beast and is able to get to unimaginable speeds in no time and a 0-100kmph time of around 2.5 seconds makes it even crazier. It is in my books one of the most beautiful super cars ever made.
I would love to own it in the same colour as the one in the image.

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-porsche-918-spyder.jpg
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 22:48   #57
BHPian

Though not a Supercar, I will be quite happy if I could ever own and get behind the wheels of an BMW E92 M3 - one of the absolute practical daily drive Sports Car in India!

As someone once said "My only complaint about this car is that I don’t own it"

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-m3-e92.jpg
VOLANTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 03:35   #58
BHPian

although not classified as a supercar, but my pick would be the Audi RS6, and the reason, I feel, is self explanatory.

my friend just picked up the only one in Panther Black in India, and after experiencing it, I’ve just fallen in love with it even more.

Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-88de005433834e41986c36fd25a18ca3.jpeg  

AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 11:01   #59
BHPian

A black testarossa with red pinstripes around the bumpers and side skirts with speedline wheels. If it's going to be a supercar, it's gotta have some swag. If I had to choose a modern option, the Lusso seems like a winner.
Old 19th April 2020, 23:01   #60
BHPian

For me it has to be the Lamborghini Urus.

*Supercar like acceleration.
*Decent ground clearance.
*I believe it will be decent enough for rural areas.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-fc9e1728de454d73be35ca179aad5381.jpeg  

If you could daily-drive a Supercar in India, which one would you pick?-ab71610f636b47f0849a59218c9b674e.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks