Team-BHP - My experience of Driving a Mercedes SL600 V12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   My experience of Driving a Mercedes SL600 V12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/22181-my-experience-driving-mercedes-sl600-v12.html)

Hi Guys,
Wanted to Share my experience of Driving a Mercedes-Benz SL600 V12

I had gone to Hyderabad on 2nd March and my uncle who repairs all imported cars called me up on 3rd at about 12:30AM and says to come to his Garage saying there is a surprise for me.

I reached his place at 1:00AM and this is what I saw.

2000 SL600 V12

Huge tires 245/35 *19

The car had 19” huge alloys and 35 Profile Tire.

Then after about an hour looking at the car I said I want a ride.

So me, my Uncle and 2 of his kids went for a drive.
The car is 2 door hard top convertible.
The car had little less than 400BHP.
4 speed Auto

He started the Monster and it roared.
It was the Best sound I had ever heard in my life.
We went to Hi-Tech city for a drive, he touched 160 without any problem.

On the way back he stopped the car and popped out asking me to come to the Drivers seat and drive it.

First I said no no.

Then he was forcing me to drive it so I hoped in the driver’s seat.
Adjusted the Seat, released the Hand break and wala I was driving the V12 Monster.

If I remember it right when I had stepped down on the Accelerator and it did 120 in 4 Secs, I might be wrong but I was too excited to see the stopwatch at that time.

After we reached his home he showed me the Engine bay and there was no space to even put ur hand inside, it had a K&N filter in it.

The best part was that you can adjust the Height of the car sitting inside the car with buttons,
If you want the front part to be low and back part to be High, you can do it...

So at about 3-3:30 I started for home and was on the Top of the World…

Regards,
Zulikar Ansari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfikar (Post 389470)
It did 120 in 4 Secs, I might be wrong but I was too excited to see the stopwatch at that time.

120kph in 4 secs? :Shockked: i doubt it mate... must have taken at least a sec or 2 longer in reality. ;)

This was Sachin's car, if I'm right. was for sale for quite some time and was sold last year. so its in Hyderabad.

No offence anyone. But 0 to 120 in 4 secs!! Hmm... guess I'll cancel my Gallardo bookinglol:

what kind of shift design did it have?the auto. straight or step?

Dude ,I hope the owner of the car is not a member in here :).If he knows you well then no problems.

hi scooby05,
ur Right, it was Sachin's car. and its in Hyd with AP number

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroxx (Post 389524)
what kind of shift design did it have?the auto. straight or step?

Hi nitroxx,
Didnt understand ur question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 389519)
No offence anyone. But 0 to 120 in 4 secs!! Hmm... guess I'll cancel my Gallardo bookinglol:

i think no one read what was after 4 Sec.

I would put that here again so that people with Eyesight can see it again... :)

"If I remember it right when I had stepped down on the Accelerator and it did 120 in 4 Secs, I might be wrong but I was too excited to see the stopwatch at that time."

Congratulations, and join the Driven-a-V12 club. Too bad we have to live with 4 cyliners the rest of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 389763)
Congratulations, and join the Driven-a-V12 club. Too bad we have to live with 4 cyliners the rest of the time.

Thanks GTO,
have you drive any V12...

Its really a Monster...

Gr8 going Zulfikar!

I personally havent driven anything bigger than a 211 HP 3.5L V6 Engine (Chevy Impala - Auto). That was when I was in U.S. and yes ' that was'.

Hope to be a part of the 'driven-V12' club sometime in future.:p

Woah..love the colour.car looks awesome...lucky buger..Didnt know we had a V-12 club here...Thread Maybe??

I would love to be in your place someday dude!! Yes, right when you are in the seat of that V12.

Does the owner of the car knows about your drive in it?

Well the Owner of the car is a close friend of my Uncle so he would not Mind.

GTO i could not fine any Thread by name Driven-a-V12 club.