Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2020, 17:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Out of these sub-1.5 crore exotics which one would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Haha yeah, this one went for a steal 1.20 apparently, however was purchased new at solid 2.20 as well in 2018, 2016 manufacturing though.
Car was in mint condition, belonged to an acquaintance here in Kolkata.
So bigBoyz made a lot, they had listed 1,65 and sold it quickly. Though, no one will know the exact sales price.

Now, I know whom to speak to when the time is up for the Lambo

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th April 2020 at 17:05.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SLS AMG is another really awesome collector's car. Only 21 of them in the country including the 4 Roadsters. Bucket list someday. Surprisingly they still change hands at 1.70-1.80 these days despite being 8-9 years old, and some even having multiple owners. Infact they costed 2.25 or so back in 2011.
Talk about depreciation.
Depreciation for some of these cars turns on its head. I remember Supras going for 5-6 lakhs in 2005.

Quote:
Sure, please do let me know. Would be really happy to help.
Thank you! Now I just need to save up some money...

Just wondering why each of the Gallardos seem to be logged as RWD India specials.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 13:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

The biggest issue with most of these supercars is the age. Let's be honest - these cars have been redlined since day 1, and as they age they do crop up issues - I remember some Lambo owners facing issues with their gearboxes for example and maintenance is often in lakhs/year.

While I love the idea of a pre-owned ride, after a certain segment newer is more peace of mind often, so my pick would be newer Porsches, M4/M5/M6, E63S, etc. These cars can wait till I up my budget a bit more to afford a newer example.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 09:58   #19
BHPian

If I had 1.5Cr to spare for a supercar I would go for an Audi R8 because they are listed for as low as 40 Lakhs like this one here:
Out of these sub-1.5 crore exotics which one would you buy?-screen-shot-20200430-9.52.48-am.png

Even if the above listing turns out fishy, there are others listed in the 50 Lakh to 1Cr range regularly. This would leave me with a nice 75 Lakh budget to fix issues that will eventually crop up.
Abhishek3001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 11:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
As auto enthusiasts, its always the cars that come first for us. Hypothetical question - would you buy a Rs. 1.5 Cr. home or drive one from the below list.
If I have 5 Cr liquid cash in my hand I will definitely buy a 1.5 Cr home and ~ 50 L worth cars or car.
If my liquidity is close to 20 Cr then I may consider buying a car close to 1.5 Cr too, but none from listed here. Could be a latest Model S Performance
For all those IC Hyper/Super Car itch, I will subscribe for a Track Day

Cheers!
Old 30th April 2020, 14:49   #21
BHPian

For 1.5 cr moolah, I would prefer a well cared Nissan GTR and cultivate a hobby of smoking these unsuspecting innocent rides.
Given the jap origins, it is fair to assume that maintaining one will be easier and economical.

Last edited by ajmat : 30th April 2020 at 17:38. Reason: please check your spelling
Old 30th April 2020, 16:13   #22
BHPian

Well for a country full of huge humps and 2 feet deep potholes, I wouldn’t go for any Supercar for 1.5 crores. Sorry. But that’s my opinion on owning a supercar in India. I would rather spend money on a NEW fast high performance version of a sedan. Like Mercedes E63 AMG/BMW M5/Audi RS7. You get lot for a price. 4/5 seats. Huge boot. Practical, decent ground clearance, latest infotainment display and features, driving dynamics, and a good dealership network as well.
Old 30th April 2020, 21:33   #23
BHPian

A hypothetical question on a car forum for enthusiast and still people playing safe out here

If I'd to choose from those given four options I'll choose the Ferrari and fulfill a childhood dream of owning and having the prancing horse in my stable of cars, also I like the elegance of F430.

If I'd to buy outside of those options I'll still buy a Ferrari first, keep it for a while, sell it to buy the timeless Merc G Wagon and adore it for lifetime. Hypothetically.

Last edited by wrongturn : 30th April 2020 at 21:41.
wrongturn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 22:47   #24
BHPian

Considering our road conditions, mountains masquerading as speed-bumps, traffic sense & general chaos I would never consider driving/owing a 'super-car' in India, as one would never be able to enjoy the vehicle to its fullest potential.
If I had that kind of moolah lying around to splurge on a car, I would go for a luxury SUV, probably a Merc.
Old 1st May 2020, 02:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Neither one of the above.
Because neither of them is manual.

And honestly if I were to spend 1.5 crores on a car, it would be an M car. I'm now at an age where a BMW M5 in silver makes just so much sense. 616 BHP, and people wont judge you for having a midlife crisis.
I second that thought! Having owned a F10 525d now for quite some time I can only imagine what an M5C would be like to drive and live with. I've driven both the F80 M3 and the W205 C63; I'd pick the M3 every day of the week!

On another note, I hope BMW brings the manual in the new M3/4 when launched here or at-least a M2C stick shift. I know these are not as hot selling as others in BMW's fleet but I don't see why not especially given the loosened homologation norms for getting <2500 cars.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st May 2020 at 02:58. Reason: i -> I
991.2GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 05:20   #26
BHPian

I would probably buy something like a used GLS 63 AMG for the money. Would get a comparatively new, sparingly used one for much below 1.5 Cr.
With it I could take my entire family and pets to the track if I wanted, would be much more convenient to drive as a daily than a two-door low slung exotic and would also be cheaper to maintain with possibly cheaper parts along with being more reliable than one of those Italian Exotics. Did I mention much safer to drive as well?

The best part? I just found one great used GLS 63 AMG for sale. A pristine 2018 build with only 5200 km on the odo for 1.2 Cr. I'm sure you can pull it down further. I'll let the link do the talking.

https://www.bigboytoyz.com/mercedes-...-63-amg-detail

Last edited by Starfire : 1st May 2020 at 05:24.
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 21:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
So bigBoyz made a lot, they had listed 1,65 and sold it quickly. Though, no one will know the exact sales price.

Now, I know whom to speak to when the time is up for the Lambo
Haha, yes. The margins are massive in these deals. Since only the seller knows his price along with the dealer/broker and the buyer picks up at market rate or even higher depending on situation.

The Vantage is on sale though from the same garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Depreciation for some of these cars turns on its head. I remember Supras going for 5-6 lakhs in 2005.

Thank you! Now I just need to save up some money...

Just wondering why each of the Gallardos seem to be logged as RWD India specials.
Yeah, and today, with enthusiasts going after Supras they retailing anywhere between 40-60L in the preowned market.

Regarding the Gallardo's all being logged in as RWD's, it probably must be a case of lack of knowledge of these dealers and brokers.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 23:21   #28
BHPian

If I simply received 1.5 crores (before or after tax) with all of my other assets and liabilities as they are, I'd buy a home for myself , not necessarily using all the 1.5 crore amount, after all you have to pay maintenance and property tax as well.

If that was 1.5 crore after I already have my dream house with no debt against it, I'd still buy a 50-70 lakh car , put the rest away for fuel and maintenance, most of these cars are also very expensive to maintain. If it has to be German and not brand new, I'd take any Porsche in budget - be it a small Boxster or big Panamera/Cayenne if 911s aren't in sight, or better yet ,buy what I like more : motorcycles!

Last edited by Ricci : 8th May 2020 at 23:29.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 18:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

If I would have had ₹1.5Cr to spend on cars, I'd get two of them.

1) Sporty,Fun,Agile & exciting to drive - A BMW M2 Competition in Hockenheim Silver ( ₹1.10Cr)
2) Powerful Family Sedan - Skôda Octavia VRS in Blue ( ₹36 Lakhs )
And spend the rest of the money on getting the Octy tuned to over to over 300hp .

Image Source:-
M2 Competition - bmwusa.com
Skôda Octavia VRS - TBHP Official Review
Attached Thumbnails
Out of these sub-1.5 crore exotics which one would you buy?-images-1.jpeg  

Out of these sub-1.5 crore exotics which one would you buy?-images-2.jpeg  

akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 19:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
If I would have had ₹1.5Cr to spend on cars, I'd get two of them.

1) Sporty,Fun,Agile & exciting to drive - A BMW M2 Competition in Hockenheim Silver ( ₹1.10Cr)
2) Powerful Family Sedan - Skôda Octavia VRS in Blue ( ₹36 Lakhs )
And spend the rest of the money on getting the Octy tuned to over to over 300hp .

Image Source:-
M2 Competition - bmwusa.com
Skôda Octavia VRS - TBHP Official Review
Your choices are same as Bhpian Reesnat's garage
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks