Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 10:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Three steal Ferrari, soon crash into cops

Three persons, including a high-end car dealer from Hyderabad, were arrested for illegally transferring a Ferrari, purchased by a city-based businessman, on to the name of a person from Delhi and later stealing the vehicle. The offenders stole the 2-crore worth car from Mahendra Hills, but police foiled their plan and nabbed them before they could vroom away to Delhi with the car.

On June 23 night, Mahendra Hills-based businessman Divesh Gandhi lodged a complaint with the Karkhana police alleging that unidentified people had stolen his car, when he parked it at a neighbour’s house. Divesh told police that in May 2019 he had purchased the Ferrari from one Jessique of Kozhikode in Kerala for 2 crore with the help of city car dealer Neeraj Sharma and his friend, Ganesh of Bangalore.

EDIT: Insider Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Stating some facts which the media has been as "USUAL" wrongly attributing to:

1. Car was not stolen from a neighbours house but from the owners house itself and when the owner was away at work.

2. The car was stolen by the same dealer who apparently sold the ferrari to the owner who also happens to be a very close friend of him. The family members who handed over the keys to the dealer did not suspect him as he was a close friend of them. Also the transfer process was handled by the dealer who had illegally transferred it to an accomplice by bribing RTO officials in Delhi and had fled to the USA in the mean time and the owner was waiting for the transfer process to his name to be completed all this while.

3. The car was not gonna be driven till delhi but modus operandi was it would be shipped via container and be sold to another unsuspecting buyer.

4. Also the folks berating the wing, its a custom Carbon Wing inspired by the track only 458 GT3, also sports a full IPE Inconel Exhaust and a Stage II Remap. The car was supposed to be tracked on BIC for CBC Supercar Drive 2020 which got postponed due to Covid-19 so kindly spare some thoughts on "Form over Function".

Kudos to the police who acted on time before the car had vanished away, the clincher being the dealer had shared social media stories of ripping the car on the streets prior to being caught, it has been an antagonising experience to the owner who had purchased it as his dream car.
Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-cff2b23c02424f72b211889f09e39046.jpeg

Link: http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/...w/76718906.cms

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2020 at 13:52. Reason: Adding more info to your post :)
SnS_12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 10:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Three steal Ferrari, soon crash into cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post

(Looks like a 488 GTB)
That's 458 Italia. Sharing a better pic of the same car from the Hyderabad thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-b12e0027cbc348c08cef2b7e906965ea.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 15:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari

According to a media report, the Hyderabad Police have arrested 3 persons, including a used car dealer for illegally transferring a Ferrari and later stealing the vehicle.

On June 23, 2020, 3 people went to the house where the Ferrari was parked and got the keys by pretending to be the owners friends. The trio then fled with the Ferrari.

Police verified CCTV footage and managed to track the thieves on June 26. It was later discovered that one of the accused had even transferred the Ferrari on to his name and then to another person in Delhi. The accused had planned to drive the car all the way to Delhi.

It has been reported that the Ferrari was purchased by a Hyderabad based businessman with the help of a Delhi-based car dealer, who is said to have forged documents and is absconding.

Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-104779669_2722214448060334_2418085490716742050_o.jpg

Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-105492392_2722214534726992_7754861950002404598_o.jpg

Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-106469985_2722214604726985_5273306510306044427_o.jpg

Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-b12e0027cbc348c08cef2b7e906965ea.jpg
Image Source

Source

Link to the Team-BHP news

Last edited by blackwasp : 1st July 2020 at 16:17.
blackwasp is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 17:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari

That is one bizarre sequence of events, worthy of a mini-movie in and of itself. But the true crime here is the giant wing on that poor Ferrari. Should come with a spoiler alert of its own, old man Enzo must be turning over in his grave at the thought of it.
iliketurtles is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 19:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is probably one of the weirdest things I’ve seen in the news recently. These guys want to steal a Ferrari & then want to transfer it onto someone else’s name? Is it even possible that the NOC can be obtained without a proper sales receipt? And even if they would do it, it would be impossible for it to be hidden for a long time. Everyone would already be looking and probably would’ve found one of these unique machines very quicky.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 19:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
According to a media report, the Hyderabad Police have arrested 3 persons, including a used car dealer for illegally transferring a Ferrari and later stealing the vehicle.

On June 23, 2020, 3 people went to the house where the Ferrari was parked and got the keys by pretending to be the owners friends. The trio then fled with the Ferrari.
While it is unfortunate that the owner faced these issues, these events also highlight the hypocrisy of our law enforcement system. If it's a 6 Lakh car and you physically give the keys to someone and if he steals it, then insurance wont settle the amount and the courts rule it as careless on the part of the owner. I am referring to this incident which has been discussed in team bhp before. Ofcourse if it's a sports car owned by a wealthy man then the law enforcement will use its mighy to trace the culprits even if the owner hands the keys on a platter.
I appreciate the quick act by the police but I would like them to act the same way for everyone.
nagr22 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:03   #7
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2020 at 11:15.
alikidwhy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2020, 08:50   #8

These guys could have actually pulled it off if they would have planned it a little better.
After getting the car they could have pulled off the wing and wrap it. Then lay low for a while and voila.

But why on earth would someone just handover keys of a freaking Ferrari to someone he or she wouldn't know. Actually it was apparently the daughter in law of the owner who gave the keys.

All in all a crazy story.
vinay5795 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:25   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bizarre story indeed and has "shadiness" written all over it. I had to read it thrice just to understand what happened. Out of curiosity, why would the owner park the car at a "friends" place? That too with the keys loosely accessible in the house to just about anyone?

These thieves - what a bunch of idiots. Couldn't they have chosen a less conspicuous car? Like a black S-Class? Or a Range Rover? There is no way you can hide a stolen Ferrari in India, not even in a small corner of the remotest village.

There's another lesson out here = If you buy something highly valuable, do the paperwork & registration yourself!
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:27   #10
BHPian

I think the actual crime here is that tasteless rear wing on the car.
Abhinav667 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
While it is unfortunate that the owner faced these issues, these events also highlight the hypocrisy of our law enforcement system.
I appreciate the quick act by the police but I would like them to act the same way for everyone.
I feel we would go here, my humble request to all to please let stick to this main topic here and not do a whataboutery. I understand where you are coming from and I have personally been victim of this but ranting on every theft thread won't take the discussion anywhere. I hope you don't take this the wrong way.

PS: My Classic 350 was stolen in 2013 in Bangalore. Same day, a sports bike worth 3L was stolen from a politician's son in Mysore which was tracked and caught in 24 hours. A policeman whom I knew personally later told me that they could have easily caught my bike as there was insider info on this but they did not have interest to pursue the same. They were all busy tracking the sports bike. Life is unfair and hard. I learnt it the hard way. I never got my bike back.
RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:46   #12
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2020 at 13:20.
Otto is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:01   #13
BHPian

The offenders must have been high when they were devising the plan. How on earth did they think that they would be able to drive a Ferrari from Hyd to Delhi? Given the condition of our highways, wherein potholes and bumper scraping speed brakers are more common than streetlights, this car would have barely managed to get into the neighboring state.
MBond007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
The offenders must have been high when they were devising the plan. How on earth did they think that they would be able to drive a Ferrari from Hyd to Delhi? Given the condition of our highways, wherein potholes and bumper scraping speed brakers are more common than streetlights, this car would have barely managed to get into the neighboring state.
Add to it police checkposts almost on entry of every state. This has shady written all over it, including how it was stolen to how it was caught to what thieves planned to do with it. Motive seems to be something different here, and now it has caught the eye of media, and we have got some masala too.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Stating some facts which the media is as "USUAL" wrongly attributing to:

1. Car was not stolen from a neighbours house but from the owners house itself and when the owner was away at work.

2. The car was stolen by the same dealer who apparently sold the ferrari to the owner who also happens to be a very close friend of him. The family members who handed over the keys to the dealer did not suspect him as he was a close friend of them. Also the transfer process was handled by the dealer who had illegally transferred it to an accomplice by means of forgery & bribing RTO officials in Delhi and had fled to the USA in the mean time while the owner was waiting for the transfer process to his name to be completed, unaware he was being conned.

3. The car was not gonna be driven till Delhi but modus operandi was it would be shipped via container and be sold to another unsuspecting buyer.

4. Also the folks berating the wing, its a custom Carbon Wing inspired by the track only 458 GT3, also sports a full IPE Exhaust and a Stage II Remap. The car was supposed to be tracked on BIC for CBC Supercar Drive 2020 which got postponed due to Covid-19 so kindly spare some thoughts on "Form over Function".

Kudos to the police who acted on time before the car had vanished away, the clincher being the dealer had shared social media stories of ripping the car on the streets prior to being caught, and car spotters spotting the car in the City. It has been an overall antagonising experience to the owner who had purchased it as his dream car.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Never ever trust a single entity High End Car dealers, they are at most punters if not con job artists who will make you run around the country once the payment has been made to them. Always choose reputed Multi Brand Used car dealerships which are plenty now a days, make your own research about the dealer before approaching them. Always Insist for two sets of keys and never settle for a single key.

2. Always do the ownership transfer process by yourself or speak to the required RTO official personally and keep track of the process if appointing someone else to do the job.

3. Apprise your family of never handing over the key to someone without the you (the owner) confirming it, even if its a close friend or relative as well.

4. Install GPS trackers in your high end cars to make sure its traceable in an event it gets stolen.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 2nd July 2020 at 14:10.
ShortShifter is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks