Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 10:01   #1
BHPian

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

A yellow Lamborghini with the number MH02 BM 9000 was under the radar of the Bengaluru City Police for having a suspicious registration number. The officials say that they received a piece of information on the suspicious number plate some time ago on a Lamborghini Gallardo and were on a look out for the car for more than a month. The Lamborghini was mostly spotted in the western parts of the city at night. The cops then spotted it outside a garage where it was left by the owner for repainting.

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-lamborghini_1.jpg

Officials contacted the owner and asked him to bring the relevant documents for the car. However, after checking the documents, they found out that the registration number is fake. The Mumbai RTO confirmed that they did not find this vehicle in their records when contacted. The cops tracked the car’s origin and found that it was first registered in New Delhi in 2008 with a different registration number. Cops seized the car and is currently locked in a cell at the RTO.

Source

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2020 at 07:16. Reason: correcting number :)
TorqueSteer is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:12   #2
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Most of the Gallardo's back then came with the transparent engine cover, this one doesn't! I guess Anil Ambani was the 1st owner of this, going by the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...html#post73025 (Pics: Lamborghini Gallardos in Mumbai)

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-image18317bq.jpg
PPS is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 12:43   #3
BHPian

re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

The Gallardo mentioned here was once owned by 'Nisham King'

Seen below is the car during its visit to Bangalore in 2014. Post which it had been seized by authorities for a legal case.

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-psx_20200730_111406.jpg
AJ739 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 08:50   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

What is it with imports & shady paperwork? We have been discussing this problem since the start of Team-BHP. Imports with fake number-plates, imports registered without paying taxes (e.g. Sushmita Sen's Land Cruiser), two imports with the same number...the entire scene is so shady! I'm just glad that every luxury car brand is now officially in India and one can buy these cars, without interacting with thugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
The cops then spotted it outside a garage where it was left by the owner for repainting.
This guy sure doesn't deserve a Gallardo, huh? As if the fake registration wasn't bad enough, he's getting it repaired at a roadside place

Quote:
The Mumbai RTO confirmed that they did not find this vehicle in their records when contacted.
Did they even need to do that? A minute's search on Vahan reveals this:
Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-vahan.png
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 09:05   #5
BHPian

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

This guy sure doesn't deserve a Gallardo, huh? As if the fake registration wasn't bad enough, he's getting it repaired at a roadside place
Exactly my gripe. I have seen many people buying an expensive car but chickening out on maintaining it from A.S.S because of cost. They are confused between the terms cheap and affordable. One of my friend bought a used Merc for 7 lakhs. Car was in excellent condition. Both cosmetically and mechanically. When he gave the car to Merc A.S.S for regular service, the bill came up to ₹35000 which almost his half salary. Sure the Merc was cheap but nor affordable for him. He sold it off a month later for a lakh loss.
TorqueSteer is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 10:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did they even need to do that? A minute's search on Vahan reveals this:
Attachment 2036565
1. Full record rather than a partial one from Vahan

2. Authenticated / signed and stamped by the concerned RTO so acceptable as court evidence
hserus is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 10:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:

I think he surely didn't have a choice since service centres always ask for registration details before servicing to fetch the details.

But yes he doesn't deserve the car.

Last edited by sv97 : 31st July 2020 at 10:50.
sv97 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 10:59   #8
BHPian

Lamborghini locked up in Jail I don't know why people buy these to drive on our roads. It's just a nuisance. Once I saw a Ford Mustang in front of me & I kept following it. The funny thing was he slowed down every time for the smallest of road humps and crossed it like a snail. After some time I just overtook him in my i20
CarNerd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 11:23   #9

Why would people buy these cars in India ? Don't they realise Indian roads are not meant for such lower ground clearance vehicles. Our Speed breakers (AKA mini hills) are enough for such cars to do heavy underbelly damages and B2B traffic doesn't allow these cars to run at their full potential. Let's not talk about what might onlookers do to the supercar if she is left unattended at public parking space.

I guess the only reason remains is for driving them at midnight hours and by chance if some accident happens, then to shift the blame on the Driver who works on owner's payroll but had not even got a chance to take it for a spin.
Old 31st July 2020, 12:16   #10
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2020 at 16:52.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st July 2020, 13:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Come on .. anybody who buys a used German knows that they need to find a reliable FNG who can service the car, or else the dealership will extract more from them than they bought the car for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Exactly my gripe. I have seen many people buying an expensive car but chickening out on maintaining it from A.S.S because of cost. They are confused between the terms cheap and affordable. One of my friend bought a used Merc for 7 lakhs. Car was in excellent condition. Both cosmetically and mechanically. When he gave the car to Merc A.S.S for regular service, the bill came up to ₹35000 which almost his half salary. Sure the Merc was cheap but nor affordable for him. He sold it off a month later for a lakh loss.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 14:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
The Gallardo mentioned here was once owned by 'Nisham King'

Seen below is the car during its visit to Bangalore in 2014. Post which it had been seized by authorities for a legal case.

Attachment 2036290
It seems that even in 2014 the car had same / similar Reg No. MH02XX Y000. If the number is same, So was it running on fake plates even then?
Old 31st July 2020, 15:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
LI don't know why people buy these to drive on our roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusterBoy View Post
Why would people buy these cars in India ?
With all due respect, I don't see any value-add in these kind of comments here. The thread is about the fake registration plate of a supercar/import. If you want to have a discussion about the feasibility of a supercar in India, there are other threads for that.

I'm happy that not everyone thinks like this, and people actually buy these cars for the enthusiasts to enjoy seeing on the roads in India! After all, this is an automotive forum

I humbly request that we keep this thread on the topic that it was created for.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 15:49   #14
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

If I am not mistaken , this car was present in one of the Parx Supercar shows in Mumbai along with a Maserati GT. I thought both the cars belonged to the same person. And this Gallardo was an Indian invoice car - so not sure why it would sport a fake registration. If it's an Indian invoice it would definitely have been sold with a valid number to the first owner. Like in most cases, the case or issue could be more than what meets the eye. Media reports need to be taken with a pinch of salt.
v12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 16:05   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
It seems that even in 2014 the car had same / similar Reg No. MH02XX Y000. If the number is same, So was it running on fake plates even then?
From what I understand, that particular Lambo was seized, as it belonged to Nisham King, the beedi baron, and this is another different Yellow lambo running on those plates, thats why the number doesnt even show up on the Vahan database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
With all due respect, I don't see any value-add in these kind of comments here. The thread is about the fake registration plate of a supercar/import. If you want to have a discussion about the feasibility of a supercar in India, there are other threads for that.

Cheers

If you're okay with a Lambo getting repainted in a roadside shack, thats okay, but there are plenty of people here who will call out people for owning a car worth crores, but getting it painted by a guy who wouldn't charge more than 20,000.
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks