Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 18:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
If you're okay with a Lambo getting repainted in a roadside shack, thats okay, but there are plenty of people here who will call out people for owning a car worth crores, but getting it painted by a guy who wouldn't charge more than 20,000.
Not sure who this comment is aimed at since you quoted my post, but nowhere in my post did I try to justify the owner getting it painted at a roadside shop. In fact, I pity the car for having such a cheap owner.

All I pointed out in my post is that we don't need the comments from members asking why people in India buy supercars, as there are enough threads on this forum for that. Not sure which part of my post struck you as a justification for cheaping out on the paint job. That being said, it's his car, his money and his life

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 31st July 2020 at 18:47.
Joxster is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 18:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
It seems that even in 2014 the car had same / similar Reg No. MH02XX Y000. If the number is same, So was it running on fake plates even then?
Yes, it was running on the same plates right from the day Nisham bought it. So, probably it was the first owner who put fake plates and the following owners were not aware of it or they didn't bother!

Quote:
From what I understand, that particular Lambo was seized, as it belonged to Nisham King, the beedi baron, and this is another different Yellow lambo running on those plates, thats why the number doesnt even show up on the Vahan database.
This is very much the same car. Not sure if the car got seized. I remember reading that the cops couldn't find this car as it was with one of Nisham's friends in B'lore.

Edit: Or the cops seized the car and released it later as they had much higher charges for the owner. His family must have sold the car later, along with his other supercars.

BTW, Nisham bought this car from BBT! Here's a couple of old pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-anand123teambhp-1.jpg  

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-anand123teambhp-2.jpg  

Last edited by Anand123 : 31st July 2020 at 19:15.
Anand123 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:06   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
This is very much the same car. Not sure if the car got seized. I remember reading that the cops couldn't find this car as it was with one of Nisham's friends in B'lore.

I know we're all going way , but

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...cle6967937.ece
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:20   #19
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
If I am not mistaken , this car was present in one of the Parx Supercar shows in Mumbai along with a Maserati GT.
You are indeed correct. Participated in the 2010 Supercar Show. I was wrong earlier about this Gallardo being ex-Ambani.

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-dsc06021.jpg
PPS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 21:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did they even need to do that? A minute's search on Vahan reveals this:

Vahan's database was updated only after a certain cutoff date. E.g. my 2006 Electra, MH12 registered bike has no records (says vehicle not found). 2009 Safari has a record in vahan database. So I am guessing, somewhere between 2009 and 2006 MHxx records were uploaded in electronic form in Vahan database.

This was just for information- not found in Vahan search doesn't simply mean vehicle is stolen or has a fake number plate. It could be a old vehicle. So, secondary check is needed to validate the number. E.g. I know series allocation of MH12 and MH14 vehicles. Looking at registration series e.g. SL and and SQ (after MH12) are latest vehicles from 2020. BG series is 2002 vehicle, DH series is 2006 two wheeler, FF Series is 2009 car etc. I have developed a knack of guessing car/bike's age looking at its registration series alphabets. Maharashtra has also some unique rules for e.g. MH12AM series allocated to govt vehices, MH12JK is a special category vehicle etc. It is a fun hobby for me

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 31st July 2020 at 21:15.
bj96 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 23:43   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Vahan's database was updated only after a certain cutoff date. E.g. my 2006 Electra, MH12 registered bike has no records (says vehicle not found). 2009 Safari has a record in vahan database. So I am guessing, somewhere between 2009 and 2006 MHxx records were uploaded in electronic form in Vahan database.

Then why are records for MH02BM 8999 and MH02BM 9001 easily available?

And just to be sure that the missing records wont be of VIP numbers to be auctioned, I also checked MH02BM 8000, the record of which is readily available, as is MH02BM 0001

So all the records have been updated, except 9000, right?

The very fact that this car was registered in Delhi in 2008 is a concern. I see no logical person who would repay millions of Rs in road tax just to get a MH number, that too after a month.

Therefore, I stick to my stand which is

Quote:
From what I understand, that particular Lambo was seized, as it belonged to Nisham King, the beedi baron, and this is another different Yellow lambo running on those plates, thats why the number doesnt even show up on the Vahan database.
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:04   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I just searched for news about this Gallardo and it seems this is a 5 year old news which has just been posted by Cartoq yesterday.

Check Bangalore Mirror article dated 25-Feb-2015

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/46373963.cms
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then why are records for MH02BM 8999 and MH02BM 9001 easily available...
This is Bombay number (MH02, andheri RTO). I gave examples of MH12 (Pune RTO). These cities follow different series for years. Having said that, even if a old vehicle goes for RTO work e.g. NoC issue, re-registration etc, its record is updated into vahan database at the time of new work/attestation etc. E.g. my 2002 wagnoR was not in vahan database until 2014 when i took a NoC for transfer. The record was uploaded in vahan at the time of NoC update.

I am not saying, the number can not be fake. What I am saying is a missing vehicle in vahan database could be due to old vehicle which is not yet digitised.

Gto didn't find number in vahan and assumed it was fake. i was countering that in a generic sense.

Hth,

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 1st August 2020 at 00:09.
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:10   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Ok, I just searched for news about this Gallardo and it seems this is a 5 year old news which has just been posted by Cartoq yesterday.

Check Bangalore Mirror article dated 25-Feb-2015

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/46373963.cms
Quote:
Thats a separate instance. It was seized when it was under the Nisham King's ownership.

This has been seized again.
Refer Times Of India 28th of July 2020

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77210728.cms
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:33   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I mean "How hard can it be?" for cops to track a car down to the original owner. This is an Indian invoice car.
It has a VIN Number.
Run it through the Lamborghini India records to check when the car was sold and to whom (and with what registration number)
Trace the first owner.
Check if the car was transferred to the second / third owner.
Case closed.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 02:48   #26
BHPian

Most probably he knew this car was under the radar, so why not give it a new colour, and probably a new number plate too? Organised service centres are not the right places for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This guy sure doesn't deserve a Gallardo, huh? As if the fake registration wasn't bad enough, he's getting it repaired at a roadside place
Jeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 08:36   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

-BJ
I have seen older cars on the Vahan database. Some RTO's might not be on the database as yet
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 11:54   #28
BHPian

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-18368_289111038987_371473_n.jpg

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-18368_289111043987_1289425_n.jpg

Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru-18368_289111058987_1000263_n.jpg

This Gallardo came in with this Maserati at the 2010 supercar show.

Now the funny thing here is that the Maserati's registration is also fake.

The number on the Maserati is registered to an Audi Q7 in Indore.

Back in 2010 this guy also apparently had these cars: Cadillac SLS, Nissan GTR(grey), Range Rover, Hummer H2(yellow) and various mercs.
As commented by someone. (authenticity not known)
abhinavsureka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:23   #29
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometimes it is possible to see older cars on the Vahan database because they would have been logged into Vahan for the following reasons :
1. Online PUC
2. Renewing Passing or Fitness
3. Reselling

Under the above circumstances, the RTO would enter the vehicle details onto the Vahan database so it is possible that some old cars would show up.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 18:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Reasons for person driving a low end car or a two wheeler with a fake number plate, though illegal and punishable could be grasped by all and sundry as something that has been happening since ages. With the Vahan facility any suspicious motor vehicle can be nailed and grounded today, instantly.

But in the case of high end cars where in this case the owner (as second, third owner and so on) could have paid something around Rs 1 crore or more, it is foolhardy to imagine someone exercising the option of venturing into the dubious and shady world of fake number plates.

It is a criminal offence to drive a motor vehicle with a fake number plate, which could land the owner in jail. And not to speak of the several lakhs of rupees in fines that he will be required to pay ! If he is unable to pay such a fine, the car gets seized permanently. One will find it rotting and digging its own grave in a government premises.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks