Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2020, 20:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
he's getting it repaired at a roadside place
They haven't mentioned it was being repaired at a roadside garage, GTO. It could have been parked outside one of the well known exotic car garages in Bangalore awaiting its turn to go in.

Quote:
A minute's search on Vahan reveals this:
Attachment 2036565
The thing with Vahan site\App is it doesn't always throw up results. Some of my vehicles that were showing up on the vahaan site late last year aren't now. But if i get a B-Extract, all the details populate and are accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusterBoy View Post
Why would people buy these cars in India ?
Come on, you have to be joking. Its an exotic car- One that enthusiasts dream day and night of having. it gets our heart pumping faster and puts a grin on our face. Its a decision made with the heart and not the mind. Noone needs one but everyone wants one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Then why are records for MH02BM 8999 and MH02BM 9001 easily available?
Its possible that the car was de-registered and transferred to another state like PY? I know someone who did this- He bought a used car and then re-registered it in PY because he wanted a particular number and also wanted to show it as a 'New' car.

Cheers!

Last edited by james : 1st August 2020 at 20:31.
james is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 20:49   #32
BANNED

Re: Fake registration saga continues! Now a Lamborghini Gallardo seized in Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Its possible that the car was de-registered and transferred to another state like PY? I know someone who did this- He bought a used car and then re-registered it in PY because he wanted a particular number and also wanted to show it as a 'New' car.

Then it should be running the new number, no?

I think it is already clear that this car was initially DL registered. What happened after that is the mystery.
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 16:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

The fact that its been seized tells us that its fake.
Look at the police in picture, the smile tells me they really enjoyed catching this one.
The Police didnt seize because it was missing on Vahan, its just not registered properly it seems. If it was it wouldn't be lying with police and become news. What i fail to understand is how someone can be so audacious to drive with a fake number!

Was he trying to hide behind the fact that no one would dare stop such an expensive car?
And if the guy really was getting it repainted on road side shop, he might as well have fitted a CNG kit to his lambo

And why do these cars rot away to death, police should find some system to sell them back.

Last edited by silverado : 3rd August 2020 at 17:04.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 19:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Then it should be running the new number, no?
Bangalore RTO keeps having drives against out of state registered cars. In the recent past, they have been going after PY reg cars in particular with a vengeance.
Crazy thought but i wont be surprised if someone puts on their old MH/DL//HR plates instead of their PY plates.
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 09:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if car was in hands of any agent dealing high end cars. May be was looking for a new buyer who could buy as is or buy and pay road tax and reregister.

Often high end cars visit known good FNG's for body work like paint job, mainly to leave no trace. Trust me, some of these FNG's could be more expensive than in showroom and also better workmanship. They do this to not dent the valuation of their vehicle. There is one next to my office on Ulsoor road. He is popular since decades and I have seen 100s of luxury cars come here for body work in last 12 yrs, for what may appear to look like a shady place. His work is so good, unless its ma super trained guy, they cant even make out it was tinkered with. ITs not a cover up work he does, but a real good work.

So his customers get a good job and also not leave a trace.
funkykar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 00:32   #36
BANNED

Well, the MH02 9000 Gallardo lives on.

Spotted in this video, seemingly shot in October 2021.

SNA411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 00:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Well, the MH02 9000 Gallardo lives on.

Spotted in this video, seemingly shot in October 2021.
This car has been restored to its former glory by its new owner and currently resides in Pune. it arrived here in Diwali 2021. For more details about the car, you can check out my post on another thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5228778 (Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car)
Here is a video made by its owner.

The owner is a nice person to talk to whenever we bump into each other. He also owns the infamous "69" Toyota Supra (now tuned to produce ~1000hp) as well as a ~600hp tuned Mitsubishi Evolution IX.
tanmay1904 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 08:28   #38
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay1904 View Post
The owner is a nice person to talk to whenever we bump into each other. He also owns the infamous "69" Toyota Supra (now tuned to produce ~1000hp) as well as a ~600hp tuned Mitsubishi Evolution IX.
TenHut replaced his Supra with the Gallardo. However I guess his Mitsubishi is not a legit Evo IX, it is probably a Cedia convert.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 08:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
TenHut replaced his Supra with the Gallardo. However I guess his Mitsubishi is not a legit Evo IX, it is probably a Cedia convert.
The Gallardo replaced a MY2015 Nissan GT-R. The Supra is still with him and has gone for repairs as the car had broken its driveshaft. The Evo IX is a legitimate car, not a convert. It is just registered as a Cedia as is the case with some other privately imported genuine Evo's in the country
tanmay1904 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 20:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Gallardo replaced a MY2015 Nissan GT-R. The Supra is still with him and has gone for repairs as the car had broken its driveshaft. The Evo IX is a legitimate car, not a convert. It is just registered as a Cedia as is the case with some other privately imported genuine Evo's in the country
So then it's illegally registered?
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
So then it's illegally registered?
It is definitely not an illegally registered import. From what I understand, the RTO registered the car to its closest sub-category which was the Cedia at that time as the RTO systems may not have had an option to register the car as an Evo. But the taxes were to be paid on the full imported value of the car. This may have been the case more than decade and a half ago when the RTO systems weren't as modern as today's, not sure about this though. A look at the imports gathering dust thread on Team Bhp may help. One can find some posts regarding the registration of some of the cars mentioned there which might prove the point. Looking at your profile, you also seem to own an Evo 6. What is it registered as? (Is it in India?)

Last edited by tanmay1904 : 1st March 2022 at 22:35.
tanmay1904 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I understand, the RTO registered the car to its closest sub-category which was the Cedia at that time as the RTO systems may not have had an option to register the car as an Evo. But the taxes were to be paid on the full imported value of the car. This may have been the case more than decade and a half ago when the RTO systems weren't as modern as today's, not sure about this though. A look at the imports gathering dust thread on Team Bhp may help. One can find some posts regarding the registration of some of the cars mentioned there which might prove the point. Looking at your profile, you also seem to own an Evo 6. What is it registered as? (Is it in India?)
Haha good answer.

By the way, the older RTO systems were far better - for example, you could register Ferraris even when they didn't sell in India. Now you cannot register a model / manufacturer that isn't sold domestically or isn't BS6. I've recently had the joy of going through this process. And nope, not in India.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 09:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
By the way, the older RTO systems were far better - for example, you could register Ferraris even when they didn't sell in India. Now you cannot register a model / manufacturer that isn't sold domestically or isn't BS6. I've recently had the joy of going through this process...
Which means that if someone imports, for instance, an Alpine A110 on TR (totally legal), they cannot register it at all?
There has to be a work around. There were posts in this forum of Tesla cars imported, registered and being used in Mumbai. How was that done?

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 2nd March 2022 at 09:16.
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Which means that if someone imports, for instance, an Alpine A110 on TR (totally legal), they cannot register it at all?
There has to be a work around. There were posts in this forum of Tesla cars imported, registered and being used in Mumbai. How was that done?
Well, I cannot speak about MH RTO - maybe they use a different software setup. I've personally seen the KA software unable to accept a car without BS6 certification that is baked into the database. There is a very tedious workaround that involves multiple levels of administrative sign-offs and releases.

It's possible that the Teslas, being EVs, have no need for BS6 certification.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 22:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Did they even need to do that? A minute's search on Vahan reveals this:
Attachment 2036565
The number being searched reads as MH02 MB 9000 while the fake number being discussed is MH02BM 9000.

Regards,
Anwesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks