Team-BHP - VW Passat spotted in bangalore.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   VW Passat spotted in bangalore. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/22540-vw-passat-spotted-bangalore.html)

Was on my way back home from work and what do i see. 2 passats. One had kashyap motors written on it. The showroom i think is coming near the bmw and audi showroom.

One had 6FSi written on the rear this was the estate version. Seemed to be a sporty version.

The other was the 2.0TDi PD which was the sedan. this was being driven hard and fast. the guy was ripping but no match for my Alto. People were staring at the Passats and me as I was clicking away frantically.

ps: mods I searched for passat, found some threads but none of them showed any concrete info on teh car or any pics, hence started new one.

I uploaded 9 photos. Let me know if they are not loading. shall upload again. I dont have photoshop so couldnt put a water mark. If someone can put a watermark written team-bhp and upload them would be great.

All Dilli registered vehicles. Probably here for extended road tests. And you're right that they came from the VW dealership up near the BMW Navnit Motors. The cars dont look impressive enough for their target clientile : the rear of the sedan is too Camry-ish while the front has design cues from an earlier Lexus.

Nice find vid! The estate looks like it means business. You said 6FSI, wonder what that means. Will be interesting to see how many estates they manage to sell. Any idea about the prices? The 2.0 TDi PD should produce around 170 horses.

Yeah 2 passats going in a line did not attract much attention. Very understated styling. It was only when I took out the phone and started chasing the cars to take snaps did people actually take notice of the cars.

Must say the fit and finish was very good on the cars.

FSI is something like the direct injection for petrol engines. 6FSi means 2 things either a 2.0L engine with 6 speed tranny or a 3.2L V6-FSI engine.

Actually the Passat comes with a 2.0 liters TDI engine which produces either 140 or 170 hp.There is also a R36 version with 300 hp and awd system called 4 motion.
here are all versions

Available Versions1.6 16v FSI
1.9 TDI PDE
2.0 16v FSI
2.0 16v TDI PDE DSG
2.0 16v TDI PDE
2.0 16v TFSI Tiptronic
2.0 16v TFSI
3.2 V6 24v 4Motion DSG
3.6 V6 24v FSI 4Motion Tiptronic
3.6 V6 24v FSI Tiptronic

VW Passat r36

Well a few interesting things. Kashyap was earlier the official dealer for BMW/Land Rover for ages before the father & son had a fight & as a result closed down the delaership. Now another member of the family (Lady I believe) runs Kashyap & is the exclusive dealer/distributor for VW. Hence, you can see they've advertised their website on the side of the cars.

In all probability these are the demo vehicles down in Mumbai. They also have a Caravelle demo van & seem to be selling quite a few Touareg's down here in Delhi.

EDIT: Also note that on the sedan the rear bootlid in the left-hand top corner has a small sticker saying "Bitte Ein Bit" Can somebody with knowledge of German explain what it means?

Ragman - it means "Ask a bit". Altho I was tempted to say something dirty first :D

@ vid - Must mean a V6. Wow! A 3.2/3.6 V6. India is surely shining!! How was the exhaust note?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 397892)
@ vid - Must mean a V6. Wow! A 3.2/3.6 V6. India is surely shining!! How was the exhaust note?

Well the 6FSi was on the estate and it was loaded with people and bags. It was being driven slow and I wasnt paying too much attention to the estate so couldn't hear the exhaust note.

The sedan was the diesel and the guy was flying. Because of the traffic I managed to keep up with him.

Iraghava, even I was wondering about the bitte ein bit. If it does mean ask a bit I dont think the driver was interested in anyone asking him by the way he was driving. It was more like catch me if you can. lol:

i know vw passat is suposse to come to india by 2008 or 2009 i dont remember which model by they will be mnfg in india by 2008

Have seen a passat couple of time in chandigarh and their suv also forgot its name

will click pic next time i see it

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 397963)
Have seen a passat couple of time in chandigarh and their suv also forgot its name

will click pic next time i see it

Well me too have seen passat. Today i saw a BMW coupe and a Silver Porsche (the guy was going at a crazy speed)..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 397966)
Well me too have seen passat. Today i saw a BMW coupe and a Silver Porsche (the guy was going at a crazy speed)..

:OT
The silver porsche you are talking about is my friends before getting it he had a big talk with me about getting which car. it is a PB registered

The friend of mine is a speed freak and this is only the base model it was got triptonic tranny and optional full leather interiors brake upgrade

He told me like 2 months back that he my be getting a turbo very soon and this way going to be given to his small brother