Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 22:10   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if one of its new homes would be Bren Garage in Bangalore.
Not yet. Bren Garage will be supposedly getting something more exclusive from Maranello later this year or early next year.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 22:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
...I always wondered: Who buys such costly beauties in India? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
...The price makes me wanna cry though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
There are businessmen and celebrities who have 4 Cr change lying around their house!

Ferraris are not bought to be driven around on public roads in India. ...
Supercars in India costs 3 to 3.5 times their cost in the US. So this 4 crore car must be costing 1.xx crore in the US.
Its pretty absurd when they charge 75% of the cost of a car on Taxes. Imagine the manufacturer who took all the pain to make the car getting 1 crore and 3 crores going as taxes.

Businessmen would recover 30% of what they pay through depreciation and the remaining amount by selling it off after getting full depreciation benefits and invest all this to buy their next new car and their buying-selling cycle continues. Only salaried folks don't have such fabulous depreciation benefits.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 9th August 2020 at 22:55.
for_cars1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 23:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkviper View Post
How come the 458 Italia was sold?
At some point, it fell below a driving-excitement threshold compared to the rest of my cars and therefore wasn't getting used at all.

Quote:
Are you a member of Ferrari Corse Clienti by any chance?
Yes.
meta is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 09:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Ferraris are not bought to be driven around on public roads in India. They are more of prized possessions which adorn already well decorated garages, and go out mainly for supercar shows and rarely on a track day.
Get a Ferrari and not flaunt it??!!
Sounds counter intuitive.
But probably that's just my middle class mindset. Apparently super rich people think differently.

Last edited by SDP : 10th August 2020 at 10:32. Reason: As requested
Old 10th August 2020, 09:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Supercars in India costs 3 to 3.5 times their cost in the US. So this 4 crore car must be costing 1.xx crore in the US.
In the USA, local taxes differ across states, so the actual cost of a car also depends on the state. Taking that into account, in California, the F8 Tributo starts at approximately $305K after taxes. That's about INR 2.3 Crore. So indeed, it's "less expensive" on the face of it, but not by a factor of 3 or 3.5.

Quote:
Businessmen would recover 30% of what they pay through depreciation and the remaining amount by selling it off after getting full depreciation benefits and invest all this to buy their next new car and their buying-selling cycle continues. Only salaried folks don't have such fabulous depreciation benefits.
It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for people to pull something like that off here in the USA. Is it really all that common in India to tax write-off deprecitation on exotic cars unless that is one's business?
meta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta View Post
... So indeed, it's "less expensive" on the face of it, but not by a factor of 3 or 3.5...
There could be places where the taxes are higher.
There are several references in the web about these Supercars being expensive by a factor or 3 in India. One Example Link

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th August 2020 at 11:24.
Old 10th August 2020, 13:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see the F8 being launched here!

As much as I hated this trend of turbo charging, I hate to admit that with Ferrari I am beginning to love it after I drove the F488 Pista last week. I had driven the F458 Speciale and loved it, when I got into the Pista I was convinced that it wouldn't be as good as the Speciale which is NA. But to my surprise, the Pista was better!

However, I think on the track the NA would be better. For city roads, the turbo just makes it so much more fun and the power so much more usable to as you find yourself push hard on smaller stretches.

I drove the Aventador right after the Pista and its a world of a difference. With the Lambo you had to have it in the right gear at the right rpm to get your self screaming out loud. In the pista i had myself yelling through out the drive coz it was so damn quick, the turbo surge is just brutal!

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2020 at 07:57. Reason: you know why :)
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:08   #23
BHPian

Here is the F8 Tributo next to one of the cars that it pays tribute to.

Both of these are turbocharged, but the older car is immeasurably more fun to drive in every way conceivable.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-f40f8.jpg  

meta is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Good to see the F8 being launched here!

I drove the Aventador right after the Pista and its a world of a difference. With the Lambo you had to have it in the right gear at the right rpm to get your self screaming the F word out loud. In the pista i had myself yelling the F word through out the drive coz it was so damn quick, the turbo surge is just brutal!
Was this the Aventador S or the pre-facelift Aventador? I hear the single clutch ISR transmission used in the Aventador is jerky at low speeds and feels outdated when compared to newer faster dual clutch transmissions.

The Aventador SV is actually slighter slower than the Huracan Performante (which has a dual-clutch) in a quarter mile drag race -

Huracan Performante = 10.4
Aventador SV - 10.8

Quote:
Here is the F8 Tributo next to one of the cars that it pays tribute to.

Both of these are turbocharged, but the older car is immeasurably more fun to drive in every way conceivable.
Since you've owned/driven both the 458/F8, which would you prefer?
Darkviper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was this the Aventador S or the pre-facelift Aventador? I hear the single clutch ISR transmission used in the Aventador is jerky at low speeds and feels outdated when compared to newer faster dual clutch transmissions.
Pre facelift. Yes the single cluth is jerky.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There could be places where the taxes are higher.
There are several references in the web about these Supercars being expensive by a factor or 3 in India. One Example Link
Zeebiz really isnt much a source.

Just check Kelley Blue Book.

Quote:
The 2020 F8 will be in Ferrari dealerships in December of this year starting at $293,480. (Rs 2.2 crore).

In reality they cost much more, especially Spyders which come with a lot of dealer mark-up. These are 400k cars in USA (3 crore).

For eg, some lightly used ones:

Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-1.jpg
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The track times around Fiarano for the road cars.
It surprises me that the 488 Pista and Pista Spider post the same times, considering the convertible is about a hundred kilos heavier at the same rated power. Either they're designed for Fiorano, where the weight penalty is disguised (unlikely), or some number somewhere - power, weight, lap time - is a bit of an exaggeration - more likely. @meta, do you have any input on this?

Quote:
If Ferrari wants a new car to be slower than a not-too-old halo car, that's also how it will be. The numbers won't necessarily be too far from the truth, but they won't upset the proverbial apple cart. There is no way for anyone outside of Ferrari to prove or disprove this, so it works out for everybody. It's not a big deal.
Is that a possible explanation for the similar times for 2 cars that are 100 kg apart? Also, yes, reviews please! Your insights are pretty detailed, like the boost controller fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
In reality they cost much more, especially Spyders which come with a lot of dealer mark-up. These are 400k cars in USA (3 crore).
Also, you have to factor in the fact that buying these skips the waiting period. A lot of people with money are happy to buy a dealer miles / delivery miles only car, and pay an extra $50k to skip a year or more of waiting.

Quote:
It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for people to pull something like that off here in the USA. Is it really all that common in India to tax write-off deprecitation on exotic cars unless that is one's business?
A lot of such cars are bought by the founders/operators/promoters in the company's name. Investor oversight and activism in India is lower than the US, especially for public companies.

Last edited by v1p3r : 10th August 2020 at 18:39.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 15:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari F8 Tributo deliveries have begun in India

Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-smartselect_20200811154114_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-begin-418274
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 22:06   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

India's first F8 Tributo delivered in New Delhi.

Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-screenshot_2020081422013101.jpeg
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore got one today.

Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-imageuploadedbyteambhp1598079606.462218.jpg

Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India @ Rs 4 crores-imageuploadedbyteambhp1598079640.785260.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks