Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 06:42   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
He still has that in his wonderful collection.
ecksreturns,

when are your cars coming?
Old 17th June 2008, 09:26   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
ecksreturns,

when are your cars coming?

Buddy my LP640's production would be completed by 23rd (Monday) and the car will be air lifted on Friday(27th) and will reach the next day i.e. Saturday.
So it should be with me here by 30th at the earliest or 1st week of July at the latest.

Will then post pictures of my garage, inclusive of the Bentley Flying Spur and the LP.
Old 17th June 2008, 09:47   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy my LP640's production would be completed by 23rd (Monday) and the car will be air lifted on Friday(27th) and will reach the next day i.e. Saturday.
So it should be with me here by 30th at the earliest or 1st week of July at the latest.

Will then post pictures of my garage, inclusive of the Bentley Flying Spur and the LP.

what color is the lp640?
Old 17th June 2008, 11:27   #139
v10
BHPian

Quote:

+ white s class and black cayenne
Old 17th June 2008, 11:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
what color is the lp640?
Color code is Arancio Atlas , which is, Pearl Orange.

Below are samples of what it would look like in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
+ white s class and black cayenne

Dude, we are sticking to our "plan"! No way is either of us backing out!

Mods - Sorry for this, if it is inappropriate, but I was not going to start my own thread just yet. Please do the needful, if required. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-2359266.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-firststeer2008lamborghinilp640roadster005.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-firststeer2008lamborghinilp640roadster006.jpg  

Last edited by ecksreturns : 17th June 2008 at 11:44.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:29   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Color code is Arancio Atlas , which is, Pearl Orange.

Below are samples of what it would look like in the sun

Dude, we are sticking to our "plan"! No way is either of us backing out!

Mods - Sorry for this, if it is inappropriate, but I was not going to start my own thread just yet. Please do the needful, if required. Thanks.

Dude ,that is like the best colour!Congrats buddy!
Old 19th June 2008, 03:02   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They can be converted to RHD from LHD. But as per my little research online, cheaper cars get easier conversions (Mustangs and the lot) .

The Ford GT with all its fame and acclaim only recently got converted to RHD by some popular Aussie converters who specialize in Mustang's and ford's as such.

So the probability that some one converted the priceless CGT (I doubt there would be any tuner who would do that) to RHD just to be driven in India does sound incredulous but with India's economic position, it isn't impossible.
For the wealthy, the best thing is to get your Lamborghini and Ferrari's in India and stack the LHD specialties in Dubai or USA.
Like someone once told me, anything is possible, just dont try and put a pricetag to it. I am sure gemballa would entertain you on the LHD to RHD conversion or possibly even Ruf/Rinspeed. I think it would cost something in the neighborhood of 100-150 usd which is relatively inexpensive compared to what the car would cost and you wouldnt have to pay duty on that money.

I know pininfarina agreed to do the RHD conversion on an Enzo, but the interested party backed out, and the conversion was somewhere in that price range. Now that would be a 1 off to own in under 2mil USD and as for CGT probably in less than 1 mil usd

and btw ecks that color is the best on LP, then the VI and then Yellow and white.

Last edited by 1Day : 19th June 2008 at 03:04.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:17   #143
Maranello

RHD enzo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Like someone once told me, anything is possible, just dont try and put a pricetag to it. I am sure gemballa would entertain you on the LHD to RHD conversion or possibly even Ruf/Rinspeed. I think it would cost something in the neighborhood of 100-150 usd which is relatively inexpensive compared to what the car would cost and you wouldnt have to pay duty on that money.

I know pininfarina agreed to do the RHD conversion on an Enzo, but the interested party backed out, and the conversion was somewhere in that price range. Now that would be a 1 off to own in under 2mil USD and as for CGT probably in less than 1 mil usd

and btw ecks that color is the best on LP, then the VI and then Yellow and white.
ive never heard of any such conversion by pininfarina there was just one commissioned project to build a P4/5 from an unregistered chasis in the united states. this project was done by pininfarina for glickenhaus and thats it.pininfarina has never taken any project to convert an enzo to rhd frankly they dont have the technical knowledge or the rights to do so,only ferrari has the rights to modify its cars.sorry im new here!! but i find it really amusing.i really dont think you should mis inform ppl if you dont have the correct information or jus plain make things up...lol.!

Old 19th June 2008, 19:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
i dont know how you are keeping your cool buddy .
even though i'll be seeing pics only i'm already getting impatient !!!
Awesome choice of color !!!
and btw is that removable hardtop standard on the LP ???
Old 19th June 2008, 21:08   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
i dont know how you are keeping your cool buddy .
even though i'll be seeing pics only i'm already getting impatient !!!
Awesome choice of color !!!
and btw is that removable hardtop standard on the LP ???
Thanks for the color , man. Yeah I know its really difficult to wait knowing that only 2 weeks are left now. Been waiting for this Bull for 6 months now and time just flew by! The removable top is the roadster version. That has a rag top. Mine is the coupe , as seen in the last picture with the fixed top.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 19th June 2008 at 21:10.
Old 20th June 2008, 02:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranello View Post
ive never heard of any such conversion by pininfarina there was just one commissioned project to build a P4/5 from an unregistered chasis in the united states. this project was done by pininfarina for glickenhaus and thats it.pininfarina has never taken any project to convert an enzo to rhd frankly they dont have the technical knowledge or the rights to do so,only ferrari has the rights to modify its cars.sorry im new here!! but i find it really amusing.i really dont think you should mis inform ppl if you dont have the correct information or jus plain make things up...lol.!
Dude what makes your the subject matter expert on this? Have you spoken to Jim? I dont think so! Well I have had a chat with him about it and he mentioned that Pininfarina had a request for it from Australia/NZ but the guy backed out at the end. It would have been a first of its kind. He also told me, If I ever needed it, I should get in touch with him and he will direct me to the right person in pininfarina. Now whether they can or not, is another topic, but when I speak I know what I am talking about..

and about "only" ferrari having the right, is just such BS
Old 20th June 2008, 03:39   #147
Maranello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Dude what makes your the subject matter expert on this? Have you spoken to Jim? I dont think so! Well I have had a chat with him about it and he mentioned that Pininfarina had a request for it from Australia/NZ but the guy backed out at the end. It would have been a first of its kind. He also told me, If I ever needed it, I should get in touch with him and he will direct me to the right person in pininfarina. Now whether they can or not, is another topic, but when I speak I know what I am talking about..

and about "only" ferrari having the right, is just such BS
the only thing that is "BS" is what you talk! and im not the expert cause a very rich and well known person in india had bought and england registered chasis and wanted to know if it could be converted as he found it very uncomfortable to drive in left! so we went to the ferrari dealers in london and contacted maranello about the conversion and were told by ferrari that it wasnt possible and when asked about an after market conversion by another company it was flatly refused by ferrari saying that the enzo was the marquee of their brand and any tampering by another company was not possible. and this request was put forward by a very very rich and powerful person even in the motorsports world not by some fool talking through his nose...ok! so i know better! dont need to ask anybody!

And if you ever needed it youd have to contact him?? what an enzo conversion??? LOL!!! all the best for that!! no point continuing this!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2008 at 09:18.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:45   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranello View Post
the only thing that is "BS" is what you talk! and im not the expert cause a very rich and well known person in india had bought and england registered chasis and wanted to know if it could be converted as he found it very uncomfortable to drive in left! so we went to the ferrari dealers in london and contacted maranello about the conversion and were told by ferrari that it wasnt possible and when asked about an after market conversion by another company it was flatly refused by ferrari saying that the enzo was the marquee of their brand and any tampering by another company was not possible. and this request was put forward by a very very rich and powerful person even in the motorsports world not by some fool talking through his nose...ok! so i know better! dont need to ask anybody!

And if you ever needed it youd have to contact him?? what an enzo conversion??? LOL!!! all the best for that!! no point continuing this!
I got to say, that this very very rich indian was a tool to listen to ferrari that their halo car at the moment can not be tinkered with. I dont know what ferrari told him, but i know what Jim told me, it can be done and was going to be done, but was never implemented. Pininfarina would have tried to do this project, its not rocket science, its fairly simple considering ferrari enzo is drive by wire. So until I have spoken to pininfarina myself and they refuse, I would continue to believe it is possible, as I know in motorsports, nothing is impossible, have fun with you info and stop clobbering the net with your half baked info. If you really have this rich friend, please do ask them to contact pininfarina for it..

cheers

ps:- if this rich man is mallya then he aint no very very powerful man in motorsports, he has barely gotten into the thing , and btw, asking ferrari was a mistake to begin with, do you think if Jim would have asked ferrari for a modern P4/5 based off of an enzo, they would have agreed? Think again, ferrari is going to justify their actions(only making LHD) at any cost..

Edit:

Here you go:

Looking for a rhd Enzo - FerrariChat.com

This is a thread about some guy(not me, i had a separate conversation with him) wanting to know if it could be done and looki who responded, Jim(Napolis - 3rd post), and look what he said...If its too hard, let me reiterate: Contact him, pinifarina will do it.

So its you who needs to check his info on things newbie, and esp that "rich" indian needs better contacts

Last edited by 1Day : 20th June 2008 at 09:58.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

You guys know that this is way Off Topic. Both of you need to chill.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:03   #150
Maranello

hehe!!

Quote:
You guys know that this is way Off Topic. Both of you need to chill.
hey sorry abt that!! amazin colour for the LP man!! ive seen it looks absolutely stunning!! sure your gonna have a blast! dude and plss let me know how you find the driving experience in india..cause im plannin to get one to india but i jus dread driving that huge raging bull in indian roads..ive found it difficult to drive one around london..!!its like a tank!! i actually think an F430 would be the easiest supercar to drive around india according to the feedback ive got from a friend in blore!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks