Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 12:13   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh

Congrats on getting the King of SUVs. Please do start an ownership thread.

Btw, did you consider buying the Range Rover?
Old 1st July 2016, 14:17   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Congratulations Shivjeet on getting the most butch looking and best in its class SUV. This beauty needs an ownership thread with lot of pics so that we can drool. Wishing you many happy miles.

Thank you. It really looks massive and has great road presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congratulations Shivjeet!

This is the king of SUVs in India in my humble opinion. Lots of people keep saying LC is too expensive for what you pay, however I feel it is still a lot better than some of its German rivals and is much more practical as compared to them. LC is the best and safest way to travel cross-country in India, without worrying about bad roads, fuel quality etc etc. Looking forward to the ownership thread. Lovely interior/exterior combo too!

Hope you managed to squeeze some good discounts on the sticker price.

Thank you. I actually couldn't get any discounts at all because I got this colour combo on order and it's the first in India. I had to pay 1.34 in April instead of 1.29 which was quoted at the time of booking in December, because the price went up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on getting the King of SUVs. Please do start an ownership thread.

Btw, did you consider buying the Range Rover?

Thank you. Sure, I will try and do that as I've never done it before for the other cars either :P . I didn't consider the Range Rover this time, but had considered it in 2014 when I bought the GL63 AMG. I'm sick of unnecessary errors in the Germans, and the Range Rover is no less of a trouble. Also I do not think I'll get a Range Rover anytime soon, as the garage is full of SUV's now. Need to look at sports cars.
Shivjeet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 15:42   #1638
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Before delivery.
After the roof rails and visors got installed.
Congrats shivjeet, the car looks good with this combo. I'm sure you will stop using the AMG as much now that this one has arrived. The AMG suspension I feel wouldn't be as comfortable as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congratulations Shivjeet!

This is the king of SUV's in India in my humble opinion. Lots of people keep saying LC is too expensive for what you pay, however I feel it is still a lot better than some of its German rivals and is much more practical as compared to them.
I agree with you regarding the LC being the best of the lot. But, if we go back few years then the 1+crore price tag was only for the big engine Turbo/GTS/Supercharged versions of all the European SUV's. And paying the same amount for ageing LC didn't make sense. Now, though, things have changed. Base Porsche Cayenne costs about 1.5cr in Delhi (which is cheaper than most cities in the country) and you can have the best in class features and matching ride quality with peace of mind too for 1.4cr, suddenly the LC seems VFM.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 16:02   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Congrats shivjeet, the car looks good with this combo. I'm sure you will stop using the AMG as much now that this one has arrived. The AMG suspension I feel wouldn't be as comfortable as this.

I agree with you regarding the LC being the best of the lot. But, if we go back few years then the 1+crore price tag was only for the big engine Turbo/GTS/Supercharged versions of all the European SUV's. And paying the same amount for ageing LC didn't make sense. Now, though, things have changed. Base Porsche Cayenne costs about 1.5cr in Delhi (which is cheaper than most cities in the country) and you can have the best in class features and matching ride quality with peace of mind too for 1.4cr, suddenly the LC seems VFM.

Thank you. You got it spot on, as I haven't driven the AMG since a month now. The LC really floats on the road and I've done almost 6K since I got it. Another reason is that the front brake pads on the AMG are due for a change, so I'll save whatever is left to drive down to my trusted dealer Joshi Mercedes in Chandigarh.
Old 1st July 2016, 16:49   #1640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You got it spot on, as I haven't driven the AMG since a month now.
Don't forget to post your Ad for AMG here, when you get bored
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:43   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Before delivery.

Hey congratulations!
I don't know whether you are in to modifications or not but there are tons of modifications possible for the Landcruiser 200. The most common one is the bullbar either by iron man, ARB.
Here are some pics modded 200series Landcruisers.
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467447042.207790.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467447071.303755.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467447099.440548.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467447127.202731.jpg
Pic credit: insta user hamad1two3

Also how is the V8 engine performance wise ?
Is the gearbox slow to react ?
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:49   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Don't forget to post your Ad for AMG here, when you get bored

Will do, but most probably it's going to stay forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey congratulations!
I don't know whether you are in to modifications or not but there are tons of modifications possible for the Landcruiser 200. The most common one is the bullbar either by iron man, ARB.
Here are some pics modded 200series Landcruisers.

Pic credit: insta user hamad1two3

Also how is the V8 engine performance wise ?
Is the gearbox slow to react ?

Thank you. It'll be a few years before I think of doing any mods on it. But the mods in the pictures look really good ��.

The V8 is surprisingly good, and you can trust me on this as I mostly have petrol vehicles. It's good enough for the size, and ECT PWR button makes it a lot more fun to drive. I think it hold the torque in that mode, because it is readily available all the time. The gearbox is quick enough too and shifts down instantly when you press the throttle, and sometimes there's enough torque to pull in the same gear. You should really test drive one, as it feels a lot better to drive than the pre facelift model.

Also it's returning around 8 kmpl, with 80% of highway driving.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th February 2018 at 11:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability. Thanks!
Shivjeet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 10:36   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I actually couldn't get any discounts at all because I got this colour combo on order and it's the first in India. I had to pay 1.34 in April instead of 1.29 which was quoted at the time of booking in December, because the price went up.
Ah that sucks! But then at the end of the day, you got a car of your choice. That's the beauty of getting a personally customized car, dealers usually push the vehicles which are pre-specced and have certain options ticked which may not be upto the taste of owners. When you are spending the big khokha, why to compromise!

Do start an ownership thread when you can since we won't be able to take up our discussion on this thread for long since this is dedicated to Chandigarh imports in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Hey VSD, completely agree with you! However, at most times I have observed that on LC's price people usually have hangovers from the early era! I am a huge fan of LC as a vehicle, it may not be the prettiest out there, however it will keep chugging along for a long time to come, that too a fraction of costs when compared to big Germans.

Speaking of big germans, how is your pocket rocket doing? I think I have seen your car, cruising on Surajkund-Bhadkal road once or twice. Do update your ownership thread.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 18:53   #1644
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Kicking some life into this thread with these nice pictures of the 911!
The GTS is a manual with an insane sounding decat Tubi exhaust system.

Pics by https://www.facebook.com/supercars.p...ryana/?fref=ts
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-vipul-8.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-vipul-9.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-nikhil-moudgil.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chandigarh-nikhil-moudgil-2.jpg  

A.K is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 13:43   #1645
BHPian

The yellow 911 is a regular feature at the Chandigarh Golf Club. It has a MH registration if I remember correctly. Looks insane in person. The photos don't do justice to the paint job. No offence to A.K!
Old 26th November 2016, 19:38   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
The yellow 911 is a regular feature at the Chandigarh Golf Club. It has a MH registration if I remember correctly. Looks insane in person. The photos don't do justice to the paint job. No offence to A.K!
Absolutely correct. MH xx xx 911 is the registration number it dons , if I am correct. Looks absolutely insane. I recollect seeing a 911 Targa 4S a month back , when there was a cricket match in town . ( Don't know if the two are related) It , too , i guess had a MH registration.

The mustang count has also gone up from 2 to 3 in the past week.
There's a Cayenne GTS also regularly parked in Sector 10. Looks amazing in person.
Old 26th November 2016, 21:27   #1647
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Hahaha, no offence taken buddy! I posted the pictures as given to me
Neither shot not edited them. And the 911 does looks beautiful in this shade of Racing Yellow!
Old 10th November 2017, 11:17   #1648
A M
BHPian

No updates in this thread since almost an year.

Anyways! Saw a red Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Manimajra. It was an HP registered vehicle. No pics since I was driving.

I looked at it in my IRVM and was thinking that someone has painstakingly modified their Thar. Good job! Until it pulled up in the right lane and drove past.
Old 9th February 2018, 08:30   #1649
BHPian

C'mon guys let's get some new spotting pic's up here, it's been a longtime, C'garh was one of my fav. threads for 'ecksreturns' cars and the others. Wonder what 'ecks' has in his garage now!
anup.bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 11:58   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup.bronco View Post
C'mon guys let's get some new spotting pic's up here, it's been a longtime, C'garh was one of my fav. threads for 'ecksreturns' cars and the others. Wonder what 'ecks' has in his garage now!
Something new, something fast , something with more than 550 hp on its way. Stay tuned.
ecksreturns is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks