Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2020, 15:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

If you had all the resources, how would you build your dream supercar?

As enthusiasts, we all strive to own, feel, and drive a high-performance machine. Now, if someone told you that you could build a car, in whichever way you want it, right from the selection of the body to the engine to the paint, how would you do it. Options are limitless and with so much variety available in the market (NA/Twin-Turbo/Quad-Turbo/PHEV/EV etc), it is definitely not very easy.
The cars that are made may or may not be physically possible but should more of what we actually want in the car.

Personally, I would choose a Porsche 911GT2 RS Body Shell combined with an AMG-Sourced 6.0L Twin-Turbo V12 (The same one as in the Pagani Huayra) with a Midnight Purple Paintjob & Silver Brixton PF10s with the bare necessities (AC & Navigation).

Mods, I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this. Please merge it with the correct section if you think this is the wrong one.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 27th August 2020 at 15:12.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 15:29   #2
BHPian

Re: If you had all the resources, how would you build your dream supercar?

In my mind a super car will be one that can go anywhere. I would build a vehicle that can drive like a car on roads (has conventional wheels), can float like a boat (something like propeller) and can also fly even if at lower altitudes which would make it an all terrain vehicle. I can forego fuel efficiency but it must fit in my garage or on my roof.

It seems Russians are already at it and some concept options already being explored by some companies.

haisaikat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 15:46   #3
BHPian

If I had such resources, first I would go out to build tracks. Every major city should have a proper race track within 2/3 hours drive !!
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 09:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

If someone gave me limitless money, and a free hand to build a car, I would go for something as lightweight as a Caterham, a NA V12 with a hybrid system, and something with the cornering abilities of a track-only monster like a FXXK or P1 GTR. If only something like this was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
If I had such resources, first I would go out to build tracks. Every major city should have a proper race track within 2/3 hours drive !!
Yes agreed. If I had limitless money, I would love to build a race track to enjoy driving that beast on.
ChiragM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 15:17   #5
BHPian

Car 1:

I would build something similar to the McLaren F1 or the GM T50.

Central seating position, 6 speed MT, mid-engine, no power steering, and light body. And modern safety equipment that you can turn off - airbags, ABS, traction control, etc.

Not concerned about 0-100 times. Very concerned about the overall experience though.

Though very few people in the world have driven the F1, it seems like such a perfect analog car. Very very pure.

Car 2:

A limosine like the Toyota Century.

Sedate styling, powerful but gentle engine, good soundproofing. Thick and cushy seats. Lots of leather, metal, wood, and wool on the inside - no carbon fibre. Very good music system. Curtains and small windows - I like the idea of somewhat being less visible while sitting inside the car.

And not conspicuous. Maybe a more common sedan that is very decked up on the inside. I feel the Mercedes S class Mayback does this. It is basically a Rolls Royce competitor that looks like the much cheaper S class.

This is relatively achievable provided you have the moolah.
ss212 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 22:25   #6
BHPian

I'd buy the whole brand that is Ferrari.
Give them my endless 'resources'.
Ask them to build me a tailor-made LaFerrari Evo along the lines of FXX-K EVO.
Not only can I get any Ferrari I want ever but also end up multiplying my already endless resource.

Alternatively, would like to build my Figo Diesel with a 3.2 Endeavour Engine in a 4WD configuration in a full WRX spec with a short shifting manual transmission.

Let me know what you guys think.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 19:26   #7
BHPian

This is quite an interesting mental exercise!

I saw this thread a few days ago and started wondering. For me, the golden age of automobile design was Europe in the late 60s and 70s. The Germans were wringing out almost brutalist designs, understated and dignified. The Italians were having a blast in their own right. And the Brits were just glorious.

Ideally, for me, it would be something that looks like 1970 but goes like 2020. Something like an Alpha Romeo 33 Stradale but with the electronics and mechanicals from a modern Ferrari, say the F8 Tributo.

Or something like a BMW CSL with the internals from the F90 M5.

Something like what Robert Downy Jr. has done:
Quote:
His CS gets a fully-restored metal body with carbon-fiber accents throughout, while underneath, the CS’s original lump has been swapped out for the ‘S38’ sixer (a 3.5-liter, probably) from the E34-generation BMW M5. So, that’s upwards of 310 naturally aspirated German horses. As if this car couldn’t get any sweeter.
Source
ashwin1224 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks