Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 14:53   #136
BHPian

Re: Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I received a bright blue silk shirt and Dhoti as gift during a recent trip to TN to attend a function.
Talk about coincidences!

I was passing by the lake that you shot this pic by - in my white Ecosport with missus, was searching for a location to shoot some snaps with my car, and being petrolhead couldn't but notice the Porche! Saw you & your missus posing for the pic and couldn't resist a smile at the desi Tom Cruise
KrisTvpm is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 18:14   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A bit of both I guess. The poor resemblance, random location, wrong angle of the shot and the framing would tell you that my lead actress and camera crew (our teenage son) are not exactly a cooperating bunch and there was no scope for any retake let alone any planning
No wonder, but love this explanation!

Quote:
I'm usually not the type to fall for marketing but Porsche marketing has been an exception! When they ran the campaign "Porsche and Top Gun. Together Again", I took my family to watch the movie in a theatre and even bought the ridiculously expensive popcorn without putting up a fight. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a Porsche in the movie except for a couple of frames. Liked the movie though, so it wasn't such a waste of time.
]
And I am sure you are doing your bit to help out Porsche with their "911" marketing campaign, what with these screenshots of nine hundred and eleven messages and the timestamp on the phone (slightly tilted to not let the flash get caught?)
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 20:10   #138
BHPian

Quote:

I received a bright blue silk shirt and Dhoti as gift during a recent trip to TN to attend a function. Couldn't resist this :-) Hope some of you got the parody context!

Attachment 2347237
Love this for what it is. It's making me think of my own dream to someday tread down this path of owning a 911.
Beautiful writeup. Thank you sir!!
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 14:59   #139
BHPian

Fantastic parody, and considering that it was a bit improvised, the result is very impressive!
Old 28th August 2022, 17:57   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
A Porsche 911 is the best way to enter the sports car club. Whether it is a Carrera, Carrera S or Turbo doesn't matter. And the 997 is surely a modern classic today with old school touches. I used a 997 Turbo for a few days back in 2013 and love how friendly and useable theses 911s are. And this is despite the fact that I am a Ferrari person.
@Dippy, I am reminded of your post so often. Now, I understand, what you tried to say :-)

I just hope Mr Nitin Gadkari doesn't snatch away my toy!!

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-01rain.jpeg

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-02redline.jpeg

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-03orvm.jpeg

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-04fe.jpeg
androdev is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 20:10   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Dippy, I am reminded of your post so often. Now, I understand, what you tried to say :-)

I just hope Mr Nitin Gadkari doesn't snatch away my toy!!
So glad to see you are enjoying the car the way it is supposed to be. The more you drive it the more you appreciate the finer things of the 911. Lovely pictures too.

And well do hide your toy away from Mr. Gadkari's eyes
Dippy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 15:02   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed 25,000 KM. Was worried I would forget to take a photo when the ODO hits the milestone but managed to remember this time :-)

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-25k.jpeg

I probably should not mention global warming in a 911 thread, but given the way it's been raining in Bangalore every other day I guess it's happening! Dasara cleaning ritual could not have come at a more opportune time.

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-dirt.jpeg

I also changed the wheels back to 19" to look the part. Past their prime but not when they are mine - feel them still, lol!

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-lobby.jpeg

And as it always happens in life, your best moments are fleeting and don't get captured in 4K.

Name:  empty.jpeg
Views: 1806
Size:  481.8 KB
androdev is online now   (60) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 09:55   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crossed 25,000 KM. Was worried I would forget to take a photo when the ODO hits the milestone but managed to remember this time :-)
Congrats, and your two steeds look absolutely stunning!

Must have been a very unconventional convoy/sight for the hotel guards. They're not sure which car to approach first to valet-park!
itwasntme is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 12:00   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
They're not sure which car to approach first to valet-park!
If I had either of these two in my garage, I would not give it to a valet. I would park them myself. Why - I do that with my Endeavour every time
krishsreedharan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 13:34   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congrats, and your two steeds look absolutely stunning!

Must have been a very unconventional convoy/sight for the hotel guards. They're not sure which car to approach first to valet-park!
Thank you for the kind words. Was worried someone would say old white elephants

I think it's fair to say a sports car even from a scrapyard would jump the valet queue compared to the sedans and SUVs. In spite of being the owner and seeing it regularly, even I find myself startled (in a pleasant way) by the looks of the car when I see it on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
If I had either of these two in my garage, I would not give it to a valet. I would park them myself. Why - I do that with my Endeavour every time
I hear you but sometimes one needs to blend in :-)

Name:  6wcwmw.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  47.5 KB
androdev is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:21   #146
BHPian

Underlying message being, you are cool with that kind of car (read money) being handled by someone else

Quote:

I hear you but sometimes one needs to blend in :-)

2366463[/ATTACH]
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 20:36   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 ended on a very happy note!

Quote:
I am a Barca fan and all the 911s in the world won't be able to help me deal with the depression.
Messi won the world cup (and I was there in Qatar having a blast!). Things are improving with Barca, no more tears week in week out!

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-arg.jpeg

Our bougainvillea plant has decided to come out of hibernation - decided to capture the mood before anything ruins it.

Name:  bougainvillea.jpeg
Views: 1372
Size:  204.0 KB

Started 2023 by taking the car to VST Porsche for annual servicing. This is my 3rd service visit and each time I visited a different dealer Porsche facility (Friends automobiles - Indira Nagar Bimal Maruti, EVM Porsche Kochi - Whitefield Raja Skoda, VST Porsche - central Bangalore). The final bill came up to 997xx.00 - talk about coincidences! I got some goodies (new year season) - threw the candy and kept the basket :-)

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-goodies.jpg

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-servicebill.png

Service included change of front brake pads and wiper blades. Previous owner gave me a set of front brake pad parts which Porsche agreed to fit (they had to order wear sensors and few nuts, etc.). They actually skipped some service items that I approved after inspecting the car. Estimate included spark plug change which I approved but they felt the change was not necessary as the spark plugs looked fine. They also sent work-in-progress pictures on WhatsApp.

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-oil.jpg

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-filter.jpg

Even though Porsche says the coolant is for life, I requested them to change the coolant for which they got back saying it's absolutely not required. I might insist for a change of coolant in future but overall I was glad they were not eager to rack up the bill amount. Ordering parts takes time and need to plan in advance but overall service experience is very good.

Here is hoping for a great 2023 to all of us!!

Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-sunset.jpg

Last edited by androdev : 10th January 2023 at 20:49.
androdev is online now   (87) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 21:42   #148
BHPian

Quote:
2022 ended on a very happy note!
Happy new year!

Does the labour charge quantity means no. of minutes?

If so, ~30€/hr is one-fourth of labour cost Porsche charges in Western Europe. Thats a very good deal back home!

Last edited by carthick1000 : 10th January 2023 at 21:44.
carthick1000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 22:40   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
If so, ~30€/hr is one-fourth of labour cost Porsche charges in Western Europe. Thats a very good deal back home!
Labour is relatively cheaper in India (kinda obvious I guess). Parts on the other hand are very expensive and often require a significant lead time to import. Still early days for me in the Porsche camp and I am not yet sure if I belong here
androdev is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 18:40   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Labour is relatively cheaper in India (kinda obvious I guess). Parts on the other hand are very expensive and often require a significant lead time to import. Still early days for me in the Porsche camp and I am not yet sure if I belong here
Oh you absolutely belong to the camp I must say. I might not have said this before but your thread is like a superb realistic motivation for people like me and am sure am not the only one. You're doing more for Porsche than most typical clients doing without even realising.

I might not be the guy to get the S but 911 seems right up my alley when time is right, thank you for planting the seed in my mind. I have to thank my stars that I come across TBHP which helped me get way better cars than I deserve.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the maintenance figures, this is not far from what I had in my mind as well. Cheers and have a great 2023!
turbowhistle is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks