Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Virat Kohli's Car Collection

To be honest other than the Panamera nothing else impresses. But then, that is not what he should be known for. He is a dedicated sportsman and is hugely committed to his fitness and training. That is what impresses me most about him.
TrackDay is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 11:34   #17
BHPian

I sold that White continental GT to his brother Vikas Kohli, while I was working with Big Boys Toyz.
v_safari is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:04   #18
BHPian

Quite contrary to what others may feel, I think MSD has a much better collection would be an understatement, a wide range of tasteful cars from Jeep Grand Cherokee to a Nissan Jonga, Ferrari 599 GTO to a Pontiac Firebird Transam, GMC Sierra to a classic Rolls Silver Shadow and the endless list of modern superbikes and classic motorcycles as well. Looking at Virat's garage, it looks like someone's with shit loads of money and zero taste, also the wrap on 7 series is probably the ugliest I've seen.
Shanky_1002 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:33   #19
BHPian

What's with all this wrapping and customization? Why purchase a car if you can't love it in it's original colour in the first place? Pretty distasteful IMHO. He might have a lot of money, but doesn't have the taste at all. Not an exquisite collection, and as some others have mentioned above, doesn't deserve a separate thread.
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:47   #20
BANNED

Having a look at his collection, I can make out 1 thing that he is a sensible buy, not burning endless amount of money on buying whatever pleases his eyes. Seeing the number on the cars, I think he has kept a car or two at each city he has a house. Much down to earth guy in my opinion as compared to some others who have I don’t know maybe 100’s of exotics.
Others should learn from him, stardom should not go in the head.
chaudh2s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:29   #21
MMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Frankly, a pretty boring car collection. Most of them seems to be a result of his association with the VW Brand.
Agree that there is no proper taste demonstrated in choice of vehicles. I believe a persons car reflects or is an extension of his personality (subject to affordability/reality check )
Considering the kind of player he is, expected more refined choices. MSD in this aspect is leagues above.

He endorsed Etios in 2014, wonder whether he owns one !
Old 9th November 2020, 15:04   #22
BHPian

One of the poorest car collection I would say, maybe he isn't interested in this so can't really complain. If he wasn't the brand ambassador of Audi, then I think there won't be any collection at all!! Cricketers with good taste are DHONI (Best!) & Sachin. Ganguly, Dravid, Raina, Harbhajan, Hardik Pandya etc too has got couple of good cars, not a collection though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
MSD has a much better collection - Ferrari 599 GTO, GMC Sierra
I haven't seen any actual pics of these cars with him. GTO was supposed to be gifted to him and GMC was his "wish to own" car.
Any valid update available regarding this two? Would love to see those!!

Last edited by kamilharis : 9th November 2020 at 15:06.
Old 9th November 2020, 15:31   #23
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
I think MSD has a much better collection would be an understatement, a wide range of tasteful cars from Jeep Grand Cherokee to a Nissan Jonga, Ferrari 599 GTO to a Pontiac Firebird Transam, GMC Sierra to a classic Rolls Silver Shadow and the endless list of modern superbikes and classic motorcycles as well
MSD has a Grand Cherokee SRT Trackhawk, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, Rolls Royce Silver Shadow but he never owned a Nissan Jonga or a Ferrari 599 GTO or a GMC Sierra. He however owns a Nissan 4W73 aka 1 Ton.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post

He endorsed Etios in 2014, wonder whether he owns one !
He had received a Toyota Fortuner 4×4 as a gift from Toyota for that endorsement.
Quote:
Toyota Fortuner 4X4: The Fortuner was presented Kohli as a gift from Toyota when the cricket celebrity signed an endorsement deal with the Japanese carmaker.
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...otos/975733/8/

It seems that he loves 0018 which(18) is also his jersey number. I may be wrong but I think most of the cars he has in his collection, came as a gift for the brand endorsement, or he gets a good deal on VAG cars.

Last edited by 100Rabh : 9th November 2020 at 16:09.
100Rabh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:30   #25

Don't think he professes to be a "car guy" either. Dug up this interview which i had seen sometime back as I am an admirer of his batting / desire to win and the way he has modelled himself to become a top level cricketer:

In one section, he admits - he is not connected to cars like Sachin - just enjoys driving. Definitely gets gifts and good deals on Audis
josha10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Lol.. I think the Indian Cricket captain needs to learn a thing or two from Mallu star garages!
I agree. It's a collection of very expensive cars but most are the result of his relation ship with Audi. I wouldn't call entirely tasteless but nothing to show off as well.
Old 9th November 2020, 16:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
MSD has a Grand Cherokee SRT Trackhawk, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, Rolls Royce Silver Shadow but he never owned a Nissan Jonga or a Ferrari 599 GTO or a GMC Sierra. He however owns a Nissan 4W73 aka 1 Ton.
Oh is it! My bad Sir, I read it in the news that he does own these three as well, can't be sure on the authenticity of the news articles though. Thanks for the update!
Old 9th November 2020, 16:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
MSD never owned a Nissan Jonga or a Ferrari 599 GTO or a GMC Sierra
He has a Nissan Jonga which he had recently picked up and it's heavily worked.

Virat Kohli's Car Collection-post_image_843b796.jpg

Virat Kohli's Car Collection-msdhoniziva.jpg
kamilharis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
I haven't seen any actual pics of these cars with him. GTO was supposed to be gifted to him and GMC was his "wish to own" car.
Any valid update available regarding this two? Would love to see those!!
Indeed even I didn't see any pics of the same, however news articles did say about the same being in his collection, must be hoax news then.
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 16:47   #30
BHPian

There are few things which caught my attention looking at his car collection and the general sentiment on this thread.
  1. He is not a car guy and not even pretending to be one. Period!
  2. He is pretty sensible when it comes to car purchases, most of the cars are similar because they are scattered between Delhi and Mumbai. He has made some other sensible investments otherwise.
  3. Most of the cars on this thread are courtesy of VAG group and I don't even think he drove few of those. His R8 LMX was for sale very soon after he took delivery.
  4. Maybe VAG group doesn't allow him to get other brands? Think Sachin had a similar arrangement with BMW ( Although he got the best BMWs )
  5. His interests might be different and we have to cut him slack for not being an enthusiast. Is it mandatory to have a well curated collection if you are a well-known celebrity?

I also think since he is at the peak of his career, all such things will not matter much to him. Once he retires, we might start seeing some tasteful cars
turbowhistle is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks