Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 15:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Virat Kohli's Car Collection

It's no secret that India's cricket captain loves his cars. Over the years, Virat Kohli has been seen in a wide variety of sports cars, luxury cars and supercars. Most have been from European manufacturers, especially Audi, which comes as no surprise as he is the brand ambassador of Audi. One thing for sure, the man sure loves VAG cars.

Here's a list of cars owned by the captain.

Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive Edition
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-panamera.jpeg
This Panamera was delivered as soon as lockdown restrictions were lifted. It features a Volcano Grey shade and comes with 21" Exclusive Design wheels + red brake calipers.

Audi RS5
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-rs5-kohli.jpg
As brand ambassador for Audi, Kohli became India's first owner of the second-gen RS5. The car gets a twin-turbo V6 engine which is shared with the Panamera 4S.

Bentley Continental GT
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-kohli-bentley.jpg
Image Source
This is the second-gen Continental GT. The British coupe comes with a choice of a W12 or a V8 engine. I feel this gen is the best looking Continental GT.

Bentley Flying Spur
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-kohli-flying-spur.jpg
Image Source
Unsure which generation of the Flying Spur this is or what engine lurks below the bonnet. This car is rarely seen. Just like the Continental, this car comes with a choice of a W12 or a V8 engine.

BMW 7 Series
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-kohli-7-series.jpg
This 7 Series is initially said to have been finished in white. It now sports a matt black wrap.

Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-cayenne.jpeg
Uniquely, the garage houses a hybrid SUV. Large petrol SUVs tend to be gas guzzlers. A hybrid powertrain would help extend tank range, while keeping travelling around in luxury. Remember, the Cayenne no longer gets a diesel.

Audi Q8
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-q8.jpg
Image Source
Just like the RS5, Kohli became the first customer for the Q8. Only 200 units of this car have been allocated to India.

Range Rover
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-vogue.jpg
Image Source
The only non-VAG car in this thread - period. Every garage should have a Range Rover. It is said that Virat Kohli has 3 Vogues! Even his wife, Anushka Sharma, owns a Range Rover.

Audi Q7
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-q7.jpg
Image Source
Another German SUV in the garage. Kohli used to own the previous generation of the Q7 as well. The Q7 was once the most popular SUV in the garages of Bollywood celebrities. Sadly, the tamer current gen & the rise of Range Rover have taken away the celebrity fascination with this SUV.

Some notable mentions

Virat Kohli's Car Collection-r8-lmx.jpg
Image Source

Virat Kohli has had some interesting sports cars and supercars in his garage in the past. Unfortunately, none of the supercars call his garage home anymore. Kohli had a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, a white Audi R8 V10 that was last seen abandoned and an Audi R8 LMX edition, which is limited to just 99 units worldwide. Along with these supercars, the garage also housed an Audi S5 and an Audi A8 W12. These have been sold as well.
ChiragM is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Virat Kohli's Car Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post

This Panamera was delivered as soon as lockdown restrictions were lifted. It features a Volcano Grey shade and comes with 21" Exclusive Design wheels + red brake calipers.
This ones my fav, love the spec. Any idea what interior color it has?
Most second gen panamera Turbos in India has red interiors for some reason. While that's a fitting shade for the sport appeal of this car, porsche has some of the best tan/saddle brown leather shades and I wonder why no one has picked that yet.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:31   #3
BHPian

I saw his Matte black BMW 7 series outside DLF Promenade in Vasant Kunj last year, Vikas Kohli was behind the wheel -
Virat Kohli's Car Collection-bmw-7-again.jpg

Virat Kohli's Car Collection-bmw-7-once-again.jpg
Shrayus_shirali is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:31   #4
BHPian

Unlike the other collections featured on the site, this is mostly an assortment expensive cars from the VAG stables courtesy him being brand ambassador of Audi.

For example the RS5 and the Panamera seem to share the same engines, one too many of the same kind.

In contrast some of the other cricketers like MSD ( Pontiac Transam, vintage Rolls Royce, Cherokee SRT) and Yuvi (X6M, LP640, E60 M5) have had a far more curated and varied collection over different points in time and seem to be petrolheads in the truest sense of the word.
octane1002 is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 17:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, a pretty boring car collection. Most of them seems to be a result of his association with the VW Brand. The matte black 7 series looks really bad IMO. I had a fleeting glance of it sometime last year and it looked really out of place.
Never liked the guy, now dont like his car collection.
bigron is offline   (83) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 17:32   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post

For example the RS5 and the Panamera seem to share the same engines, one too many of the same kind.
They are not the same engines at all. The RS5 is a 6cyl and Panamera Turbo is 8cyl
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 17:41   #7
BHPian

This is a typical "rich-guy" collection with the fastest, biggest cars. Doesn't seem like a very tasteful collection. Dhoni's collection is great I guess with a story behind <at least> some vehicles.
Tapish is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 21:18   #8
BHPian

Terribly sorry if this is coming across as rude but there is nothing in that collection that is really special enough to warrant a thread of its own. His cars are featured regularly in the cricketers supercars thread and the NCR supercar thread in any case.

Just my two cents on it.
Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 22:14   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol.. I think the Indian Cricket captain needs to learn a thing or two from Mallu star garages!
dhanushs is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 00:44   #10
BHPian

Not all celebrities are passionate in choosing their vehicles which is understandable. He might own a lot of VAG vehicles just because he is the brand ambassador and might get them for a good deal.

I dont think this garage deserves a separate thread as the above comments.
vj123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 07:12   #11
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This ones my fav, love the spec. Any idea what interior color it has?
Most second gen panamera Turbos in India has red interiors for some reason. While that's a fitting shade for the sport appeal of this car, porsche has some of the best tan/saddle brown leather shades and I wonder why no one has picked that yet.
The interiors are a combination of beige and brown from what I recall now.

Here's one picture that may provide an idea of the interior spec.

Virat Kohli's Car Collection-img_20200625_182616013.jpeg
//M is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 07:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the overall sentiment that this is a very typical collection for someone who has got a lot of money but very little taste. He might as well have a Range Rover wrapped in gold chrome given the state of the matt black 7 series.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 08:03   #13
Team-BHP Support

I agree with some of the thoughts above. My limited takeaway from the thread is that:

1. Virat has money
2. He is willing to spend it on expensive cars.

Other than that there is really nothing of character or exceptional in his choice of rides. True passion and taste in cars is still with the likes of John Abraham or MS Dhoni. I am not even venturing into the Dalquer territory of taste.
Axe77 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 14:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope he reads this thread, gets angry and then performs well in the match tonight with the bat at least, because his captaincy is as lackluster as his car collection.
AtheK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 15:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

He used to own a first gen X6, he got it painted in Matte Silver from DC and got the interior color changed to black. He was very specific with color choices for interior and exterior. It requires lots of involvement for customization of this magnitude on an expensive car, I was impressed. Then he got his R8/Gallardo spyder (I am not sure about this) wrapped, relatively easier way to personalization, I was not impressed, then onward he dropped out of my celebrity car guy list.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed