Team-BHP - Yamaha FZX750 - Absolute Exotic Spotted In Vashi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Yamaha FZX750 - Absolute Exotic Spotted In Vashi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/23331-yamaha-fzx750-absolute-exotic-spotted-vashi.html)

Hey guys.i spotted this bike yesterday in a multiplex parking lot.Caught my eye as the chrome looked like a homemade job.Seems like a custom built bike.Goes by the name FZX.Following specs were noticed:
1. 2.7 litre engine!!!!!!(2700 cm3)
2. 5 valve(or 5 valves per cylinder) engine
3. HUGE Auxillary radiator on front of fuel tank
4. Chrome custom detailing(looked like!!!!)
5. Yamaha engine with fzx badging on the entire bike
6. Telltale lights on the fueltank
7. Dual Large Disk Brakes

Here are the photos. Im quite ignorant with bikes but was fascinated with this one! Someone plz throw light on this one!!!!
HERE are the photos taken from my nokia 6630

It cannot be 2700cc.. yamaha doesnt make bikes with this big an engine, infact triumph makes worlds biggest engined bike (regular production motorcycles and not custom ones)

I think this is a Yamaha V-max, but with lil changes

2700 cc emblazoned on the engine block???cant be a cheap imitation or false badging...i said its a custom job!.where does the question of a production bike come here? lets hear it from someone who knows more about it!

see http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yam...x_750_1987.php

lets hear it from someone who knows more abt it? - - dude, you are questioning an automobile journo here! get your facts right

and come to delhi, you will see a lot of things "emblazoned" on engines and chassis here

the bike here is a yamaha fzx750, a 750cc engined bike.
2300cm probably refers to the amount of engine oil that goes in, ie, 2.3L : its very common for manufacturers to write this on the engine side to let the mechanics/owners who the quantity of oil that goes in

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 418169)
the bike here is a yamaha fzx750, a 750cc engined bike.
2300cm probably refers to the amount of engine oil that goes in, ie, 2.3L : its very common for manufacturers to write this on the engine side to let the mechanics/owners who the quantity of oil that goes in

Spot on, spoke the words out of my mouth/text out of my fingers.

ok buddy got that link...but mr journo..u could have told me what 2700cm3 means when u first saw the photos or the text accompanying it...guess the concept of BREAKING NEWS applies here too....but if we follow the link the chromework that i saw is not there on the bike..can somebody give more info on the bike????mr journos link has only got the tech specs...and one poor photo.please enlighten us here...thanx!

there are thousands of links on the net, i just picked up one and pasted here to reconfirm the bike name and shape.
one can always get parts rechromed, and its a possibility the owner did that too here in india

i know this set of wheels. i think its owned by someone in south mumbai, see it parked regularly close to babulnath temple, and quite a looker it is.
As the link by bunny suggests, this is an old 80's motorcycle.
Buttttt, the chrome job on that motorcycle is to be seen to believed, the paintjob complements the chrome job perfectly, only that old square headlight gives the age away.

manson.

Thats correct Manson. I've heard that it belongs to the owner of a famous Car A/C workshop in that area.

A nice machine to own nevertheless......;)

az

Smart way to make dumb people understand its a Vmax.

Niki

not a vmax....check this out
Yamaha FZX750 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BikePics - Yamaha FZX 750 Home Page on BikePics.Com

more info.....googled for it and found a fan follwing for the fzx750
and the crome is for REAL.its not a custom job.i think its been polished recently on this bike...it cant shine so bright after 15 years!

Quote:

dude, you are questioning an automobile journo here!

No offense, but I've seen enough auto journos and 'enthusiasts' who know diddly-squat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autozealot (Post 418348)
belongs to the owner of a famous Car A/C workshop in that area.
az

yes it does, thats where i see it parked once in a while.
didnt wanna mention to avoid revealing owner identity.
first few glances had me think it was a vmax too, till i met a vmax owner (which is exactly the same shade) who cleared it all up.

manson.

To rewind a bit in history:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia
I think this is a Yamaha V-max, but with lil changes

I wouldnt have thought more about this sentence if it werent for:
Quote:

dude, you are questioning an automobile journo here! get your facts right

Because then (1) an automobile journo should know that that is NOT a V-Max and (2) any observant viewer should know that that is not a V (engine) of any sort. Your observation about engine oil is very correct, though.