Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mustang removed from Ford India's website

Ford has removed the iconic Mustang from the brand's Indian website.

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-mustang-1.jpg

The car could have been removed as the Mustang facelift is expected to be launched in the country sometime in 2021.

The RWD 2-door coupe was available with a 5.0-litre V8 engine producing 396 BHP and 515 Nm. It was slightly detuned compared to the international version. The engine was paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission. In India, the Mustang was popular and was one of the best-selling sports cars in the country.

The Mustang facelift was unveiled in 2018 and gets a new bonnet, redesigned grille, headlamps, tweaked front and rear bumpers, a 12-inch digital instrument cluster, LED lights and adaptive cruise control.

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-mustang-2.jpg

In India, the Mustang facelift is expected to be offered with a 5.0-litre, V8 engine that makes 453 BHP and 569 Nm. The engine will be paired with a 10-speed automatic gearbox.

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-mustang-3.jpg

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-mustang-4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
ChiragM is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:52   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Mustang removed from Ford India's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The engine will be paired with a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
This right here is the biggest news. I don't care much about the cosmetic differences or even the bump up in power, but the current Mustang's 6-speed AT was frustratingly DUMB when driving hard. It could frequently get dimwitted, slow & confused. To me, this was the biggest letdown of the otherwise sexy Mustang.

Happy to hear about the 10-speed because Ford's new gearbox is vastly superior to the old 6-speed. Let's hope it is tuned well in the Mustang. In ATs, the gearbox is as important a contributor to driving pleasure as the engine is. At least for enthusiasts like us who are always paying attention to what the gearbox is doing, what gear it is in, how quick its response is etc.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:32   #3

Re: Mustang removed from Ford India's website

This is good news for the used car market... Mustangs should now sell for 55-60 with fairly less odometer reading. Quick question, I am planning on buying an e class this year and i am fairly young. Should i go for a used mustang instead and invest the remaining money somewhere else so in the long run i recover the cars cost?
Shreyxas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyxas View Post
I am planning on buying an e class this year and i am fairly young. Should i go for a used mustang instead
You should be thinking about saving for that lovely M340 that BMW is going to launch.

E-Class as a self drive for a person who thinks about a Mustang

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd February 2021 at 09:44.
Turbanator is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 17:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The Mustang facelift was unveiled in 2018 and gets a new bonnet, redesigned grille, headlamps, tweaked front and rear bumpers, a 12-inch digital instrument cluster, LED lights and adaptive cruise control.

In India, the Mustang facelift is expected to be offered with a 5.0-litre, V8 engine that makes 453 BHP and 569 Nm. The engine will be paired with a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
Plus a lot more goodies - quad tip active-valve exhaust (with programmable exhaust modes), Bang and Olufsen 12 speaker audio system and an optional MagneRide suspension

The new 10 speed gearbox is leagues ahead of the older 6 speed unit and the sweet sounding exhaust round off the package pretty well. There was a pretty good hike in the price as well.
MaddyCrew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:21   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyxas View Post
Mustangs should now sell for 55-60 with fairly less odometer reading.
More like 40 - 45 lakhs is what I've been hearing.

Quote:
Quick question, I am planning on buying an e class this year and i am fairly young.
Buy the E-Class later in life, man. Enjoy something more youthful in your younger years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You should be thinking about saving for that lovely M340 that BMW is going to launch.
I would probably pick a Mustang over a 3-Series, even if its an M340. Something about the character of this muscle car.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

E-Class as a self drive for a person who thinks about a Mustang
Not looking at any BMWs, many people in the family have the 3series and i'm not a big fan of its looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
More like 40 - 45 lakhs is what I've been hearing.

Buy the E-Class later in life, man. Enjoy something more youthful in your younger years.

I would probably pick a Mustang over a 3-Series, even if its an M340. Something about the character of this muscle car.
Yes, that is the mentality i have as of now... The germans can wait for another 5 years. I think i'll go with the Mustang this time the hunt is on for a well-maintained car. Planning on adding a carbon fibre rear spoiler to it as well as an exhaust

Unfortunately there aren't any factory blue mustangs for sale in india.. One is owned by south indian music composer Anirudh Ravichander

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2021 at 12:26. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Shreyxas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 11:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelifted Mustang spotted in India, launch soon.

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-b0abdc6f73c145e88462308e6299c2d8.jpeg

Mustang removed from Ford India's website-42e1fac555af4465b9e7d930528570a7.jpeg

https://instagram.com/carcrazy.india...d=acdzg5jblq4b
CEF_Beasts is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:21   #9
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
That test car has been around in Pune since the last 3 years or so with the launch no where in sight.
A.K is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed