Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 15:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We will 100% see an SUV or two from Ferrari.
I'm sure we will. Apparently it will be known as Ferrari Purosangue (codenamed F175) and scheduled to launch next year. It will go head on with Urus, Bentayga etc. The spy pics looks good IMO

PS: excellent achievement by Lamborghini India! Have seen a Urus once and it looks fabulous and almost as awe inspiring as any other Lamborghini

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-sh...fuv-crossover/
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-ferrari_purosangue_41.jpg  

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-ferrari_purosangue_44.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
Crazy news especially given the fact that we are still recovering from the pandemic at least from an economic point of view.
It's the normal folks who are recovering from the pandemic, not the super rich, to them a 4-5 crore rupees car is nothing!

It must be fun hearing the V8 everyday next door.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Lamborghini India on Tuesday announced it had delivered the 100th unit of Lamborghini Urus, it was launched for the first time here back in January of 2018. Priced at Rs 3.10 crore (ex showroom)

Attachment 2127646
Bit of a silly question but where is that header image taken? That's not the Victoria Memorial in Calcutta is it?

On a serious point, these sales figures really drive home why pretty much all high end brands (RR, Bentley, Aston, Maserati, Lambo and eventually even Ferrari) are making big old SUVs - they're the easiest sell for affluent customers in emerging markets. Your nouveau riche in India certainly want the bragging rights of having a car with one of those badges but the practicality of the regular offerings makes no sense in India, boom, by having a high riding SUV with the same engine, dramatic looks, and similar dynamics and the sale is done. Sure, it's a bitter pill for the purists but as GTO pointed out, purists learnt to live with the Cayenne because it basically prints the money that lets the company do the more enticing stuff.

I will say this. I managed to catch a footballer in an Urus at the traffic lights and in person the proportions for me are really weird. It's a bit like someone sat on a station wagon like a V60 and then tried to reinflate the sheet metal, giving those abundant creases.

Ever since Luca was booted out by Sergio, and Ferrari flogged off as a separate listed entity, you knew the days were numbered till shareholders forced the company to sell an SUV. The Purosangue will absolutely be that, although knowing Ferrari they'll resort to linguistic gymnastics to find a way to avoid calling it that. I'm sure there's a Levante based test mule that's been at Maranello for a while now.
Old 4th March 2021, 20:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Going by the looks of grill and shape of headlights in the attached images in this post, this looks more like a Maserati than Ferrari. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by TwerkyC0ffee : 4th March 2021 at 21:16. Reason: Fixed grammatical errors
Old 4th March 2021, 22:05   #20
BHPian

Going by Lamborghini's success story, I think Jeep should bring Trackhawk to India. It can probably undercut Urus's pricing and give it a run for it's money with it's monstrous 6.2L V8. It's exhaust is stuff of dreams, damn I might just cry
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-images.jpeg  

MotoBlip is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:39   #21
BHPian

It may be a little far fetched but should these cars be called SUVs? I cannot imagine an onwer of a Urus using it as an utility vehicle, (perish the thought, our jugaad vehicles are utility vehicles carrying everyone and everything); Sport is also questinable as they may not see much off roading and short of a race track they may never be able to see the actual capabilities of the car. Are they actually SUVs?
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:35   #22
BHPian

Incidentally, I saw a Urus (or an Urus, depending on how you pronounce it!) just this morning. It pulled onto the road ahead of me from an apartment, and pottered on as any regular car, with no audible sound whatsoever; quiet, contained, practical. In fact, from behind, only an enthusiast could tell that it was a car that cost upwards of Rs. 3 crore to put rubber to tarmac.

Then the driver took a deviation and floored it, unleashing the irascible V8 spitting expletives at the ambience, shattering as though the shafts of early-morning sunlight that filtered through the trees. Not as sonorous, of course, as an Aventador, for after all, it's twin-turbocharged, but thrilling enough, for I could hear its advance all the way to the next junction.

Perhaps that summed up the success of this car, particularly in India.
BackstraightBoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 11:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini has launched the Urus Pearl Capsule Edition in India. Its a pre-configured Urus out of factory that’s available in a two-tone colour scheme.

Quote:
Recently Lamborghini announced that its sales crossed 100 units in India, and in line with this demand trend, Lamborghini has launched the Urus Pearl Capsule Edition in India
Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-smartselect_20210311105829_instagram.jpg

There are three unique paint options exclusive to this edition – GialloInti (yellow), Verde Mantis (lime green) and Arancio Borealis (orange)

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-20210310064702_lamborghini_urus_pearl_capsule_edition_front.jpg

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-20210310064702_lamborghini_urus_pearl_capsule_edition_rear.jpg

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-20210310064713_lamborghini_urus_pearl_capsule_edition_interior.jpg

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-smartselect_20210311110946_chrome.jpg

Lower half of the car including the body skirting, wheel cladding, outside mirrors, roof and fender embellishments are gloss black. This edition now features 23-inch high gloss wheels sporting a body-coloured lip.

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-smartselect_20210311110152_chrome.jpg

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-smartselect_20210311110159_chrome.jpg

Colour of the quad muffler tips which are now finished in matte silver.

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-smartselect_20210311110206_chrome.jpg

Walkaround

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th March 2021 at 11:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
I'm sure we will. Apparently it will be known as Ferrari Purosangue (codenamed F175) and scheduled to launch next year. It will go head on with Urus, Bentayga etc. The spy pics looks good IMO
Ferrari is definitely coming up with the Purosangue. From what I read, seems like they are using the Maserati Levante as a test mule for components. I'd be surprised if they will share much in the powertrain department, Ferrari being Ferrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Lamborghini has launched the Urus Pearl Capsule Edition in India. Its a pre-configured Urus out of factory that’s available in a two-tone colour scheme.
Silly name, cosmetic embellishments and no mechanical changes. Almost sounds like VW. Oh wait
saur95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:03   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

200th Lamborghini Urus delivered in India.

It took Lamborghini India 4 years to achieve the target, essentially an Urus was delivered every week.

Lamborghini delivers 100th unit of Urus SUV in India-0ca81024f49c408f91a2eb51d2339a50.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cggy7TJP...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th July 2022 at 16:05.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed