Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 12:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Porsche's Bangalore dealership is shutting down

Porsche Centre Bangalore will cease all sales operations and is expected to close down by the end of this month.

Porsche's Bangalore dealership is shutting down-porschecentrelavelleroadbangalorecardealerspqfrx0.jpg

We have been told that the service centre will continue to operate for a couple of months to assist existing customers in getting their vehicles serviced. However, they will no longer be the official dealers for Porsche. At the moment, there is no information about any replacement dealer for Bangalore.

Porsche Centre Bangalore was recently appointed as the official dealer for TechArt. It is unclear if they would continue to this association.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
TusharK is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 13:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Porsche's Bangalore dealership is shutting down

The 'In your face design' sells in India and that's why Lamborghini is minting cash with the Urus and Porsche is having a bad time, especially with the non enthusiast who'd prefer a Ferrari/ Lamborghini to a Porsche.

Absolutely shattered.

Quote:
"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." Frank Sinatra
I'd like to add that Porsche is for those who just want to have fun without giving a damn about how people perceive you.

Last edited by Turbohead : 16th April 2021 at 13:22.
Turbohead is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 17:01   #3
BHPian

Porsche will never leave India. India is an important market for them. It's the Dealer who is not able to perform at the time of the pandemic. I am not surprised at all. Someone else is going to take its place for sure.
Old 16th April 2021, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore is a pretty dull market, Delhi and Mumbai can justify a presence in India. A simple search for used cars gives an idea of the market in both the cities, Bangalore is insignificant by comparison. Operating out of Lavelle road might not be the best option, maybe they need a suburban location.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2021 at 07:56. Reason: Quoted post deleted
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 17:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Porsche's Bangalore dealership shutting down

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Bangalore is a pretty dull market, Delhi and Mumbai can justify a presence in India. A simple search for used cars gives an idea of the market in both the cities, Bangalore is insignificant by comparison. Operating out of Lavelle road might not be the best option, maybe they need a suburban location.

Another factor is that nowadays buyers dont have to be from Bangalore to buy from a Bangalore showroom. There are several operators that search the best deal for you from across the country and transport the car to your doorstep. So its totally on the dealership how they do business.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th April 2021 at 18:04.
Old 16th April 2021, 18:57   #6
BHPian

This makes sense as Bangalore is the most meaningless city to own a Porsche in.

I can hardly drive my Polo fast. What would one do with a Porsche on streets like this with traffic like this.
imranstael is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Off-topic :

A decade ago, when I was working at a place closer to this showroom, just passing by this place with parked cars used to entice me. Sad to see it close.
Thilak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 21:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops! Having a local dealer was a big factor in my decision to buy a used 911. I am clueless without A.S.S - don't know how this will pan out. Certainly not good news.

On the bright side, I am glad the dealership existed at the time of buying the car. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Hoping for some positive developments in future.
androdev is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 21:52   #9
Team-BHP Support

I was under the impression that Porsche Bangalore was building a new facility. Anyway, remember this dealer came up under the old non VW regime. It is quite possible, the dealer is exiting. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lamborghini dealer takes this franchise up!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 22:04   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Oops! Having a local dealer was a big factor in my decision to buy a used 911. I am clueless without A.S.S - don't know how this will pan out.
There is one service centre in BTM layout off Bannerghatta road - is it the same dealer ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 22:30   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There is one service centre in BTM layout off Bannerghatta road - is it the same dealer ?
Porsche A.S.S is operating out of a small Bimal Maruti workshop in the residential neighborhood behind Carlton towers HAL/Domlur area. A swanky new facility is supposed to come near new airport. Unless there is some sort of change of ownership, I don't see any reason to shutdown the dealership - they hardly have any investment in showroom/workshop - they could even get rid of their pointless showroom. They are certainly not getting any sales because of 'experience' as there is none.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 23:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Porsche Centre Bangalore will cease all sales operations and is expected to close down by the end of this month. !
Aren't the Jubilant group the current dealers now? Don't they also own Audi & Maserati dealerships at Bengaluru ?
Old 16th April 2021, 23:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Oops! Having a local dealer was a big factor in my decision to buy a used 911. I am clueless without A.S.S - don't know how this will pan out. Certainly not good news.

On the bright side, I am glad the dealership existed at the time of buying the car. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Hoping for some positive developments in future.
With Racetech based out of Bangalore, you really dont have to worry about service and spares. Heck they are better than the Porsche service centre themselves Can put you onto them if ever the need be.
Dippy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 09:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Aren't the Jubilant group the current dealers now? Don't they also own Audi & Maserati dealerships at Bengaluru ?
Nope. Jubilant group doesn't own Porsche Bangalore. It is owned by Friendly Automotives (India) Pvt Ltd.
vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 10:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

And then you find that the Dealer of the year award goes to

Porsche's Bangalore dealership is shutting down-be7a2ee6aed742b98beb011f835089d7.jpeg

...out of two and a half dealers in India..
AMG Power is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks