Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2021, 18:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid

The Maserati Levante SUV now comes with a hybrid powertrain.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati-levante-hybrid-2.jpg

Maserati has plonked the same 2.0-litre petrol-hybrid unit from the Ghibli Hybrid into the Levante. This engine features a 48-volt hybrid system and produces 325 BHP @ 5,750 rpm and 450 Nm @ 2,250 rpm. It helps the car reach 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds. The claimed top speed is 240 km/h.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati-levante-hybrid-4.jpg

The Levante Hybrid weighs less than the 6-cylinder engine equivalent (both petrol and diesel). This results in better weight distribution. The car comes with an all-wheel-drive system.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati-levante-hybrid-3.jpg

The launch version of the Levante Hybrid comes in a new metallic tri-coat colour called Azzuro Astro. The car comes with the brand's iconic side air ducts with blue highlights, blue brake callipers and a C-pillar logo. The same blue shade can be found on the embroidered seams of the seats.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati-levante-hybrid-interiors-2.jpg
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 23:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid

We discussed this before. I don’t think actual Maserati’s exist. Also a 2.0L engine is pathetic, no matter how much horsepower it cranks out.

Having said all of this, I must admit I really like the look of this car. Lovely colour too, really suits it. I am usually not particular keen on SUV. And why anybody would want to be a premium brand to drive around in what has been thought up to meet Joe Average demands is beyond me. But again, beside all of this, I really like this one. Sort of chunky whilst still classy.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 08:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Completely directionless brand. Selling old & outdated cars (Quattroporte & Ghibli) with sub-par interior quality, terrible reliability, least bang for the buck (0 - 100 in 6 seconds is standard for a 1.5 crore Maserati) and now....a hybrid that is 10 years too late! Audi & Mercedes just announced 700-km EVs, while Maserati makes a big announcement about yesterday's technology. Premium brands should be torchbearers, not late followers.

This might just end up being the most expensive 4-cylinder car in India.

And who the heck will buy a car from a company that isn't even bothered to have an India specific website?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Irrespective of the powertrain, I find the Levante quite insipid to look at. Crossovers from the rivals – say a Urus or a DBX have that nice road presence, but somehow this one is extremely easy to go unnoticed.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Completely directionless brand. Selling old & outdated cars (Quattroporte & Ghibli) with sub-par interior quality, terrible reliability, least bang for the buck (0 - 100 in 6 seconds is standard for a 1.5 crore Maserati) and now....a hybrid that is 10 years too late! Audi & Mercedes just announced 700-km EVs, while Maserati makes a big announcement about yesterday's technology. Premium brands should be torchbearers, not late followers.

This might just end up being the most expensive 4-cylinder car in India.

And who the heck will buy a car from a company that isn't even bothered to have an India specific website?
And it isnt even a proper hybrid - just a mild hybrid 48 volt system. What has become of the once hallowed brand. Massive investments by the parent company doesnt seem to have helped either.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 09:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm a design guy, to me it'll always be Maserati over the "big" 3 with their boring "timelessness". Not sure how the exhaust of this one will be but the V8 was one loco engine, the exhaust note, the endless pull and telepathic steering and pedal response really had my blood going, even at slow speeds, one riot of a car that was.

To me that Trident on the steering wheel is worth way, way more than a 3 pointed star, or propeller or 4 rings, double at the least.

I will be the first to say that brands like Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin should forever, remain gasolene powered, the day they jump to EV their USP is gone.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Maserati is celebrating the 95th anniversary of its racing debut with limited editions of its Levante SUV and Ghibli saloon.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati_ftributo_range.jpg

To celebrate 95 years in top-flight motorsport, Maserati has revealed a heritage-inspired F Tributo trim package for the 2021 Ghibli and Levante.

In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati_ftributo_ghibli.jpg

Quote:
The Levante F Tributo sits atop 21in 'Anteo' wheels finished in gloss black, while the Ghibli gets a set of same-sized 'Titano' rims. Bespoke black badges feature on the wheel arches of each, while the Trident logo on the C-pillar is colour-coded.
In era of EVs, Maserati launches a 4-cylinder hybrid-maserati_ftributo_levante.jpg

The special editions were revealed at the Shanghai motor show and Maserati has yet to say if the duo will be made available outside China.

Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks